The Weird News thread

Ha! Ha!

Those poor people losing their jobs. . . sad.

Definitely nothing funny about that.

But when your business model is to give lots of money who have proven an inability to take care of their money, how can this be a surprise?

How does THIS happen?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070614/ap_on_fe_st/baby_monitor_space

PALATINE, Ill. - An elementary school science teacher in this Chicago suburb doesn't have to turn on the news for an update on
NASA's space mission. She just turns on her video baby monitor.
ADVERTISEMENT
click here

Since Sunday, one of the two channels on Natalie Meilinger's baby monitor has been picking up black-and-white video from inside the space shuttle Atlantis. The other still lets her keep an eye on her baby.

"Whoever has a baby monitor knows what you'll usually see," Meilinger said. "No one would ever expect this."

Might not deserve it's own thread I just thought "what the **** ? does THIS happen?" I also thought It was one the best news stories in a while. :lol:

Last edited:
Re: How does THIS happen?

It's obvious to me that the baby is aboard the shuttle in space.

Re: How does THIS happen?

It's obvious to me that the baby is aboard the shuttle in space.

...and has some sort of nanobot which links it to the monitor electronically.

It's quite simple, really.

This is nice....

LESLIE, Mich. — A man widely believed to be the model for the smiling chef on Cream of Wheat boxes finally has a grave marker bearing his name.

Frank L. White died in 1938, and until this week, his grave in Woodlawn Cemetery bore only a tiny concrete marker with no name.

On Wednesday, a granite gravestone was placed at his burial site. It bears his name and an etching taken from the man depicted on the Cream of Wheat box.

Jesse Lasorda, a family researcher from Lansing, started the campaign to put the marker and etching on White's grave.

"Everybody deserves a headstone," Lasorda told the Lansing State Journal. He discovered that White was born about 1867 in Barbados, came to the U.S. in 1875 and became a citizen in 1890.

When White died Feb. 15, 1938, the Leslie Local-Republican described him as a "famous chef" who "posed for an advertisement of a well-known breakfast food."

White lived in Leslie for about the last 20 years of his life, and the story of his posing for the Cream of Wheat picture was known in the city of 2,000 located between Jackson and Lansing and about 70 miles west of Detroit.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,282832,00.html

But sometimes this message proves a little too persuasive. Last November, a U.S. Army brigadier-general, Patrick Finnegan, of West Point, went to California to meet with the show's producers. He asked if the writers would consider reining in Agent Bauer. "The kids see it, and say, 'If torture is wrong, what about 24?" he told The New Yorker in February.
WTF? The kids aren't supposed to be seeing it in the first place. I hope when he says kids he refers to his troops.

And even then, they should be smart enough to say that the show isn't real and what people do there isn't something they're supposed to do in real life.

I didn't even know it was possible for these people to get more retarded.

Latest posts

Back