The Weird News thread

My mom: "Oh yeah, ha ha ha, did you hear about this guy they just caught .... ha ha ha ha, in the states, he killed his wife and hid her parts in the freezer, for like six years, and he's like, ha ha ha, and pedophile and all...."

Me: "Uh, no. Why are you laughing?"

My mom: "Ha ha ha....
his name is Anthony Hopkins!
"

Me: "Oh! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Awesome."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/31/preacher.freezer/index.html

There is an alternate universe where an actor named Hannibal Lector will be critically acclaimed for his portrayal of Anthony Hopkins.

Not so much weird as much as it is cool.

Chinese designers have come up with an innovative cost-effective public transport system: the tunnel bus.

The remarkable bus straddles two lanes of traffic, allowing cars to drive underneath while it carries up to 1,200 passengers.

It's environmentally sound too because it runs on electricity, using a state-of-the-art charging system. Called relay charging, the roof of the bus conducts electricity and contacts special charging posts as it moves along.

more : http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/04082010/36/incredible-bus-tunnel-0.html

In Toronto this week, a woman's pet parrot of 14 years flew out the door and into a tree. Two men with a cage then got out of a truck near the house, baited the bird into the cage, and drove away. The family's terrified but the police say they have extremely good leads and the suspects should turn themselves in now.

****ing. Insane.

Today some guy walked into the library a block from my old high school, murdered a guy with a crossbow, and drove away.

And Planet-man didn't stop him? What the hell kind of super hero are you?

Today some guy walked into the library a block from my old high school, murdered a guy with a crossbow, and drove away.

Turns out it was some chinese guy and the victim was his own father.

Second chinese person to first-degree-murder one of their parents in this area in less than a month.

yeah, that was 10 minutes from where I live.

Apparently we're from the same part of town.

*shudder* I wish I could unknow that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back