This is MY gas, go get your own

Over $3! Are you guys using premium? Regular around these parts was as low as $2.749 yesterday.

Ugh...I'm falling into their trap. The price has gone down so it feels like $2.749 is an awesome price.

I paid $3.39 for regular. Later that day, I saw a cheaper price of 3.36 for regular, but that's the lowest I seen it sense then.

I try not to drive if I can avoid it.

MaxwellSmart said:
I paid $3.39 for regular. Later that day, I saw a cheaper price of 3.36 for regular, but that's the lowest I seen it sense then.

I try not to drive if I can avoid it.

I just noticed you're in CA. That would explain it.

I'm in Miami and gas is $3.11 for regular, which is good because last month it shot up to $3.27!, and I don't even pump regular so I'm feeling it. I try to put all my driving trips together now, but it doesn't matter.

E said:
Over $3! Are you guys using premium? Regular around these parts was as low as $2.749 yesterday.

Ugh...I'm falling into their trap. The price has gone down so it feels like $2.749 is an awesome price.

naw, im paying for regular, i don't even bother to look at premium, it might scare me.

Over here, it's PhP 40.16/liter for Premium Unleaded (what my family uses for the reglar saloon-type Corolla we share).

That's US$0.76/liter.

Now, that sounds like a good deal, by comparison.

However, keep in mind that the averge daily wage in Metro Manila is Ph308.1, or US$5.84. (That's for an unskilled worker with a grade school education.)

So you can imagine how impossibly dire the cost of living feels over here for somebody who isn't upwardly moible (say, a typical jeepney driver).

Last edited:
compound said:
Over here, it's PhP 40.16/liter for Premium Unleaded (what my family uses for the reglar saloon-type Corolla we share).

That's US$0.76/liter.

However, keep in mind that the averge daily wage in Metro Manila is Ph308.1, or US$5.84. (That's for an unskilled worker with a grade school education.)

So you can imagine how impossibly dire the cost of living feels over here for somebody who isn't upwardly moible (say, a typical jeepney driver).
...so the average daily wage for an unskilled worker is .70 cents higher than the minimum wage thats enforced here, wich many companies refuse to go over?

PA sucks ***.

Baxter said:
...so the average daily wage for an unskilled worker is .70 cents higher than the minimum wage thats enforced here, wich many companies refuse to go over?

PA sucks ***.
Yeah, much as the labor unions here would hate to admit it, laborers in urban Metro Manila are paid relatively fairly -- well, if you're using the amount of profit that each one generates, as the basis for compensation, at least.

But mind you, that reflects the situation in urban Metro Manila alone, and doesn't factor in the larger cost of livng, quality of life (availability of infrastructure and social services), etc.

Things are much worse off in the rural provinces, obviously.

Last edited:
compound said:
Yeah, much as the labor unions here would hate to admit it, laborers in urban Metro Manila are paid relatively fairly -- well, if you're using the amount of profit that each one generates, as the basis for compensation, at least.

But mind you, that reflects the situation in urban Metro Manila alone, and doesn't factor in the larger cost of livng, quality of life (availability of infrastructure and social services), etc.

Things are much worse off in the rural provinces, obviously.
Well obviously.

compound said:

That's US$0.76/liter.

1.00 Gal (US) = 3.78541 Liters

so thats about 2.88 a gallon of gas, but as far as i know most people don't drive cars, or not big ones, alot of small ones, and those are mostly only business people, the common folk ride a bike or small or less than 50cc motor bikes....

This thread is awesome.

I'm not kidding.

Would you believe, 4 pages discussing gasoline consumption, fuel costs, driving practices, maintenance, cost of living and not a single heated post-fight?

I hate moonies. Cult bastards. Here, have this stick of dynamite I just shoved up your ***.
Scientists make me ****ing sick. The way they all eat watermelon and fried chicken and how they're all in gangs and whatnot. This one scientist mother****er tried to go out with my sister and I was like "Boy, you best get your skinny, science-lovin' *** offa mah property 'fore I shoot ya!"

Scientists make me ****ing sick. The way they all eat watermelon and fried chicken and how they're all in gangs and whatnot. This one scientist mother****er tried to go out with my sister and I was like "Boy, you best get your skinny, science-lovin' *** offa mah property 'fore I shoot ya!"

SCIENTIST POWER REPRESENT! Word to your mothah that once you go scientist, you nevah go back, dig? Where's mah collard greens?

If only we had access to plentiful amounts of plutonium to build clean nuclear fuel cells that last for 5000 years.

Oh wait. Pluto's not a planet anymore.

This has no effect on Plutonium whatsoever.

Last edited:
Ourchair makes one post, and the thread degenerates into a violent race war.

Are any of us truly surprised?

SCIENTIST POWER REPRESENT! Word to your mothah that once you go scientist, you nevah go back, dig? Where's mah collard greens?
Get otta mah face with yer sci-bonics! Damn ignorant sciggers. Go stick a pipette up yer ***, Boron-lover!
Ourchair makes one post, and the thread degenerates into a violent race war.

Are any of us truly surprised?
No.

Latest posts

Back