This time they've gone too far. Planet-Man, get your gun.

But there's no way The Graysons is going to get picked up. If Mercy Reef (Aquaman) didn't get picked up, then this sack of **** definitely doesn't have a chance.

Mercy Reef had an unfair disadvantage (besides the fact that it plain sucked). The reason it wasn't picked up was because The WB had just become The CW and thus were following a whole new direction and this Aquaman thing just didn't really fit into their schedule of ideas at the time. Whereas with The Graysons, the CW seem to be behind it 100% already. It's sort of a different thing. I hate to say it, but I'd say it will be picked up.

Smallville has always been crap from the start.

That's a load of bollocks.

The first three seasons of Smallville were all excellent, with plenty of original, creative ideas as to how Clark would make the journey to become Superman, while respectfully acknowledging what came before (take notes, Superman Returns). The first episode of Smallville is one of the best forty minutes of Superman, ever.

That's a load of bollocks.

The first three seasons of Smallville were all excellent, with plenty of original, creative ideas as to how Clark would make the journey to become Superman, while respectfully acknowledging what came before (take notes, Superman Returns). The first episode of Smallville is one of the best forty minutes of Superman, ever.

I thought it followed the crappy villain of the week method? The episodes I saw were like this and I thought they weren't very good. Of course, they were probably leagues better than the crap I hear from later seasons.

The first season had some great moments, and I maintain that Smallville has probably the best screen Luthor, but there was too much missing from the show and not enough to make it interesting, that's why I couldn't keep interested after the first season, and the first few episodes of the second.

I was really young when Smallville first started airing, but I recall it being pretty bad. PX2 is absolutely right about the random villains of the week. Lana was constantly stalked and idolized, especially by Clark. I swear to god, he watched her with a telescope. I also remember Pete being nicknamed Product Placement Pete by some websites. Yeah, the Luthors were great in the first season, but they're always great and that didn't stop the later seasons from sucking. I might be remembering it more negatively because it was so awful later on, but it was still pretty bad.

I was really young when Smallville first started airing, but I recall it being pretty bad. PX2 is absolutely right about the random villains of the week. Lana was constantly stalked and idolized, especially by Clark. I swear to god, he watched her with a telescope. I also remember Pete being nicknamed Product Placement Pete by some websites. Yeah, the Luthors were great in the first season, but they're always great and that didn't stop the later seasons from sucking. I might be remembering it more negatively because it was so awful later on, but it was still pretty bad.
I felt like the first seasons of Smallville suffered from "The Enterprise Effect," which basically means that half the show is nothing but verbal and visual gags alluding to Superman comics.

"Look he's wearing a blue shirt and a red jacket hu hu hu hu hu!"

OR

"We'll be the best of friends!" HAW HAW that is so lolz cos they end up being ENEMIES!!!!111

I felt like the first seasons of Smallville suffered from "The Enterprise Effect," which basically means that half the show is nothing but verbal and visual gags alluding to Superman comics.

"Look he's wearing a blue shirt and a red jacket hu hu hu hu hu!"

OR

"We'll be the best of friends!" HAW HAW that is so lolz cos they end up being ENEMIES!!!!111

Yeah I hated that, the episodic enemies, and the "WB teen drama" dialog. Really the idea of it has a lot of potential but Smallville had really been pretty crappy every time I saw it

Yeah I hated that, the episodic enemies, and the "WB teen drama" dialog. Really the idea of it has a lot of potential but Smallville had really been pretty crappy every time I saw it
I don't like "WB teen drama" dialog, but I really don't mind it on principle, simply because that's what the show is designed to be.

I think Smallville gets too much flak from comic book fans who want it not to be so "teen angsty" when they don't realize that the show isn't entirely FOR them. In fact, from my experience Smallville made Superman palatable to a whole new demographic --- girls in their teens and preteens --- who would never ordinarily consider a Superman production in the first place.

But the design and intent of the dialog notwithstanding, it's still a pretty crappy show.

I don't like "WB teen drama" dialog, but I really don't mind it on principle, simply because that's what the show is designed to be.

I think Smallville gets too much flak from comic book fans who want it not to be so "teen angsty" when they don't realize that the show isn't entirely FOR them. In fact, from my experience Smallville made Superman palatable to a whole new demographic --- girls in their teens and preteens --- who would never ordinarily consider a Superman production in the first place.

But the design and intent of the dialog notwithstanding, it's still a pretty crappy show.

*applause*

I still think it was quite good back in its early years, especially in the second season, but everything else you just said, I agree with. It annoys me that most of the reason 'The Graysons' offends people is because it's just another WB Teen Drama.

Ha ha ha, I can't believe my post got deleted. Way to go. Pointing out that people are allowed to counter opinions on a discussion forum is officially a deletable offence.

Huh?

Yeah... Are you sure you actually posted this point? I don't remember seeing it, and there's no record of a post being deleted that I can find.

Yeah... Are you sure you actually posted this point? I don't remember seeing it, and there's no record of a post being deleted that I can find.

Than how... wait a minute... G-G-G-G-GHOST POST!!!!

Quick run!!!

_38039847_scooby_doo69.jpg

Ha ha ha, I can't believe my post got deleted. Way to go. Pointing out that people are allowed to counter opinions on a discussion forum is officially a deletable offence.

Actually, I remember it too. He said something about how this was a discussion forum, and the entire point of a discussion forum is that you can rebut opinions with arguments and examples. Weird.

What's a deletable offense is how people reply to others' and their posts. You're lucky I decided not to infract you. It's not nice being rude to anyone.

This is all just stupid nonsense. Continue on with the debate of the thread. This continuing will only amount to more arguments and posts that will cause only more trouble.

I disagree with your decision to delete my post and the notion that it was rude. I'm not "lucky" you decided not to infract me because that would've absolutely been the most ridiculous and unfair infraction I've seen on the site to date and I would've objected to it in every way I could to everyone I could until it got fixed.

I just don't understand why you would say that to Gothamite. You posted an opinion, he disagreed and countered with his own opinion, then added to the discussion by stating facts and examples of why he felt that way. You then just write him off by saying it's what you think, as if that means there's no further reason to discuss it. We all come to this forum to discuss things. Doing the opposite is complete counter-productive to the thriving of the site.

Latest posts

Back