Thunder... Thunder... THUNDERCATS HOOO!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now that the creator is dead, they don't need to give him any money!

Too soon, especially since he was murdered.

.....Yeah, i really can't seem to get hype for this after that news.

Something at the recent London Toy Fair.

Apparently there was video promos and an interview with writers and actors.

thundercats.jpg

Not a fan of Panthro's mutton chops but otherwise looks cool

Yeah, i'm kinda 50/50 on them, I'm more amazed that over all, they're respecting the original designs a bit.

Tigra looks quite a bit different, though I think it's the outfit that's changed.

Cheetara had short hair in the first one. I liked that a bit better than the long hair. Also the 80's version of Cheetara I was scared of, this one doesn't seem as strong to me just by the character design.

Liono looks pretty much the same, just sleeker.

And I like Panthro's mutton chops. He's the grouchy old guy, let him have those.

Tigra looks quite a bit different, though I think it's the outfit that's changed.

Cheetara had short hair in the first one. I liked that a bit better than the long hair. Also the 80's version of Cheetara I was scared of, this one doesn't seem as strong to me just by the character design.

Liono looks pretty much the same, just sleeker.

And I like Panthro's mutton chops. He's the grouchy old guy, let him have those.

actually, Cheetara had long hair in the original.

cheetara7.JPG

I'm kind of amused at the people online complaining about the "anime look". The originals had a very contemporary anime look as well. I think most people can only think of stuff like Pokemon when they think "anime".

Oh look... first looks at the new Thundercats series.

[video=youtube;rWrh1axPj0M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWrh1axPj0M[/video]

I didn't like it. It's cool if others do, hope they have fun watching it. But it doesn't look or feel like thundercats to me at all. It feels like something else just with thundercats name. Like the new clone wars cartoon isn't star wars to me so I don't watch it or how the American Godzilla just wasn't Godzilla.

I may be wrong when it's out. I'll give it a chance but right now I just feel disappointed by how this has turned out.

Is it me... or does this look a lot like AVATAR?

Maybe that's what feels off, Mole? Also, it's worth noting that the vast majority of the trailer makes it look like its set on Thundera. It's possible that the pilot is mainly set on Thundera and the series on Third Earth. Which might explain why it looks so odd?

I've never watched Thundercats and it doesn't look anything like Avatar to me.

Last edited:
Personally, I'm looking forward to it. I hope they strip away the cheese that was the old Thundercats. I loved it as a kid, and still enjoy it to a point, but like MotU, She-Ra, GI Joe, Transformers, it's not stood the test of time well.

I enjoy Studio 4°C's work, I'm hoping we get good writing to go with the gorgeous animation.

Agreed. TRANSFORMERS hasn't aged well and man, I couldn't believe how slow the original THUNDERCATS was. "Quick. Lion-O. We. Have. To. Get. To. Thundera...!"

You know what has aged well? THE VISIONARIES. It's still awesome. Annoyingly, I gave my copy away as a gift and now it is out of production. :(

Personally, I'm looking forward to it. I hope they strip away the cheese that was the old Thundercats. I loved it as a kid, and still enjoy it to a point, but like MotU, She-Ra, GI Joe, Transformers, it's not stood the test of time well.

I enjoy Studio 4°C's work, I'm hoping we get good writing to go with the gorgeous animation.

To be fair most 80s cartoons have gotten remakes in the last decade or so, where the main characters are more developed, the villains are now competent and everything is darker and more serious then the 80s, while still making something suitable for kids. I assume this would be similar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back