Thunder... Thunder... THUNDERCATS HOOO!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You also watched Action Heroes instead of GI Joe, so I don't trust that British TV.

Action FORCE. Not Action HEROES. What kind of a name is ACTION HEROES? It's ACTION FORCE. INTERNATIONAL HEROES.

I never watched any of these Thundercats or He-Mans or G.I. Joes and I never will!

Only because you are a 12-year old that talks like a 50-year old that pluralizes everything.

The first episode of the original series had the planet blowing up between the war of the mutants and Lion-o's people. He was saved by a few warriors due to something they did. The first episode did have the mutant war, and Lion-o's destiny to make a new planet home.

The wizard guy and his father were a huge part of the series, usually coming to him in dreams or talking to him as a ghost. His father was killed in the first episode by Mummra.

They even had a five episode event were Lion-o had to prove himself to be king by fighting against each one of his warriors. That was epic. Then he had to kill Mummra at the end, did so, and completed his destiny. Yes, the show was all about destiny and fate, it always was.

The whole show was about fantasy, epicness, surviving as the last of your species, facing off against your eternal foe, all that jazz. I loved it as a kid.

Bass needs to get informed.

I hope this turns out like the He-man reboot from a few years ago. That was an awesome reimagining of He-man, and if this turns out the same way, it will be glorious.
Yes. All of this.

Go awesome!!!

But Houde the destiny in this seems way over the top. A few episodes of original did mention destiny but not to extent that trailer made out. This unfortunately will be nothing like the he-man cartoon. The he-man cartoon was great because it looked similar to original just new and also felt like He-man.

This has way too many modern clichés.

Anime looking art? Check
Attempt to seem epic by doing big battle? Check
Forced Destiny ? Check
Make the main character younger looking to sell to kids? Check*

*Yes i'm counting his lack of age growth as it as well it basically is.

The only way this could be more clichéd at this point would be if they add "parody of original" in an episode or two. (and i have no doubt they will) The group making it have done good products before so this is just a let-down.

It seems to be made by a hack who has NO idea what original was and just wants to make a quick $ . Honestly I'd be more surprised if so many studios didn't do this now days.

And honestly from the look of it. If it didn't have the "thundercats" name I'd be great show but it does and that holds it back as lets face it, it looks so far away from original at this point it's verging on the difference between "Star trek the original series" and "Enterprise" territory. Or worse the difference between the original star wars trilogy and the horrible, horrible new clone wars cartoon.

I don't say this often but I hope this fails so in a few years we can get a proper thundercats cartoon

I have to say. I completely and utterly disagree with everything you said. And just to let you know how big of a fan I am, I own all the episodes and have actually watched them recently. No where in these trailers makes me think this is any way shape or form that this isn't a faithful reboot... other than Panthro's mutton chops.

I have to say. I completely and utterly disagree with everything you said. And just to let you know how big of a fan I am, I own all the episodes and have actually watched them recently. No where in these trailers makes me think this is any way shape or form that this isn't a faithful reboot... other than Panthro's mutton chops.

+1

I think Mole's secretly a hipster.

And mutton chops really do improve overall quality of most programs.

I completely disagree with you. Sorry. Here is some of the ways it's NOT a faithful reboot.

1) Lion-O : They changed A) His muscle mass b)his age and c) what sounds like a higher voice. All 3 have changed the character dramatically. Remember "the test of strength" When he matched Panthro in strengh? Yeah I'm not buying that this one could at all.

Remember all the times he took charge or gave heroic speeches? That's because he he had a commanding voice. Like other leaders around the time e.g He-man , Optimus ect... This one doesn't seem to have that

By changing his age his "I need too prove i'm grown up" doesn't work as well. No matter how they deal with it he looks like a teenager so his problem there will seem like teen-angst not an actual problem.

This has a trickle effect. In the old one there was a few times the others overlooked him because he wasn't naturally that age. It was understandable and now if they do it it's normal. It looses something.

Snarf as a result will loose something. As a big part of snarfs character was seeing little Lion-O grow up over night and couldn't quiet deal. He kept bringing him toys ect... Now it's not the same even if they do scene for scene as it doesn't have over night aging.

2) Thundera is part of third-earth : Stupidest thing I've heard yet. That's like superman movie in 2012 making Krypton part of Smallville not another planet. Stupid move it also ruins elements of the series.

The people coming from space won't be the same as any one from Thundera won't be. And if the mutants world is too that'll effect the Lunataks orgin and introduction too. this is the worst one yet.

3) The look of the show : It just doesn't match any of the original designs. It's like someone's anime fan art on deviantart. They look too different. You can make characters look similar see He-man. Or mix new and old well see 2003 Ninja turtles series.

This doesn't do that at all.

Just those 3 things alone is enough to say its not "faithful" at all. Which is a shame as you can see on page 1 I was so excited for this till I saw what they were doing.

I completely disagree with you. Sorry. Here is some of the ways it's NOT a faithful reboot.

1) Lion-O : They changed A) His muscle mass b)his age and c) what sounds like a higher voice. All 3 have changed the character dramatically. Remember "the test of strength" When he matched Panthro in strengh? Yeah I'm not buying that this one could at all.

Remember all the times he took charge or gave heroic speeches? That's because he he had a commanding voice. Like other leaders around the time e.g He-man , Optimus ect... This one doesn't seem to have that

By changing his age his "I need too prove i'm grown up" doesn't work as well. No matter how they deal with it he looks like a teenager so his problem there will seem like teen-angst not an actual problem.

This has a trickle effect. In the old one there was a few times the others overlooked him because he wasn't naturally that age. It was understandable and now if they do it it's normal. It looses something.

Snarf as a result will loose something. As a big part of snarfs character was seeing little Lion-O grow up over night and couldn't quiet deal. He kept bringing him toys ect... Now it's not the same even if they do scene for scene as it doesn't have over night aging.
All aesthetic that I actually like and support the changes since it's more in keeping with the actual character.

2) Thundera is part of third-earth : Stupidest thing I've heard yet. That's like superman movie in 2012 making Krypton part of Smallville not another planet. Stupid move it also ruins elements of the series.

The people coming from space won't be the same as any one from Thundera won't be. And if the mutants world is too that'll effect the Lunataks orgin and introduction too. this is the worst one yet.
streamlining the mythology is fine by me, definitely wont keep that "oh yeah that survived thundra too" plot device
3) The look of the show : It just doesn't match any of the original designs. It's like someone's anime fan art on deviantart. They look too different. You can make characters look similar see He-man. Or mix new and old well see 2003 Ninja turtles series.

This doesn't do that at all.
The original look was pretty gay, I'm glad I doubt always have to see LionO's abs and legs all the time. Still, Lion O is wearing blue has red hair, Cheetara is in orange with cheetah hair, Panthro is bald with spikes on his costume, etc.

And you can bring up that He-Man cartoon all you want it makes not difference. They couldn't even give the character pants, just that same hair diaper he's had for 30 years. It's like they didn't even think he's worth pants. Plus they did change Prince Adam's design to show a more significant change into He Man, so there you have a fundamental change to a character's design to support who character is.

Just those 3 things alone is enough to say its not "faithful" at all. Which is a shame as you can see on page 1 I was so excited for this till I saw what they were doing.

Honestly all you said are minor changes that are more aesthetic and done for a streamline story which really don't effect the heart and substance of the character, story, action, plot. In fact all the changes I see support those things more. Lion-o is still the young hero taking on the responsibility of a leader that he may or may not be ready for. I much prefer him to a young adult than a weird man/boy child due to some relativistic effect of being in suspended animation that didn't effect anyone else. Also the muscular design he had in the original was actually just lazy/fast animation, the majority of the regular characters had the same body drawn, lion-o, panthor, tygra had the exact same body structure, it wasn't until a few episodes and more funding in did you see new characters they have much more independence. Pantro body has been describe as a character with superior strength, Tygra was defined as smooth stealth, yet they have the same exact bodies as Lion O. The changes in design actually supports the character's individual talents, personalities, and character making the team a more diverse and functional unit.

Though I doubt anything anyone will say would change your mind, If you want something exactly like what was already done without any changes good or bad I suggest you just watch the 130 episodes of the original series instead. And the rest of us will take a chance to actually enjoy a new take.

Last edited:
Though I doubt anything anyone will say would change your mind, If you want something exactly like what was already done without any changes good or bad I suggest you just watch the 130 episodes of the original series instead. And the rest of us will take a chance to actually enjoy a new take.

Again I don't want it "exactly like what was already done" I mentioned He-man as it was a great remake , TMNT 2003 , I'm excited for Transformers Prime and Young Justice (waiting till they air in uk to watch on tv.) I enjoyed the new Star Trek Film. I loved Predators ect... and more

I just don't feel this is faithful. And you can say "streamlining the mythology" But it's still dramatically changing the origins and motivations of pretty much EVERY character. There was much better ways around that.

Now you can enjoy it. That's cool. I'm just stating my opinion. On how this is so far. When it comes out I'll watch it to see and I HOPE i'm wrong I really do. I just think at this point it seems to be "thundercats in name only"

It just doesn't fit. I mean your saying "If you want something exactly like what was already done without any changes good or bad I suggest you just watch the 130 episodes of the original series instead" That's a bit petty isn't it just because I don't agree with you?

My point was i don't want BAD changes. I mean It'd be like me saying to you "If you want to watch something completely different I suggest you find a different a show and let the fans who respect what the series was complain"

BUT I'm not. I'm stating my opinion on the stuff and I'm fine if you think it's great ect.. I disagree but I can respect that you do.

Man, I loved Action Space Kats when I was a kid!

I forgot it even existed!

We need the deviantArt emoticon of the smiling growing arms and bashing its hands on the table as it laughs uncontrollably for posts like these.

ACTION SPACE KATS, people!

lionel.jpg

Look! No feet!

How. Did. I. Miss. This?

Post of the Day.

I'm not a fan of THUNDERCATS

I was when it was on originally. I loved it. But I downloaded a few episodes for my son and rewatched them a while back and they are horrible.

Thundercats used to be perpetually on replay on Cartoon Network here in my Third World archipelago, and as such, most of us backwards Third World brown men have been fully aware of how horrible that show was without having to torrent them.

Of course, there are some who still love it, but that's why they are working in call centers answering all your auto insurance queries.

Thundercats used to be perpetually on replay on Cartoon Network here in my Third World archipelago, and as such, most of us backwards Third World brown men have been fully aware of how horrible that show was without having to torrent them.

Of course, there are some who still love it, but that's why they are working in call centers answering all your auto insurance queries.

Post of the Day.

How. Did. I. Miss. This?

Post of the Day.

I was when it was on originally. I loved it. But I downloaded a few episodes for my son and rewatched them a while back and they are horrible.

To be fair, most cartoons from the 80s were terrible and the only reason people have fond memories of them is because they were 8 years old when they watched them. I think this new cartoon will be much better then the old one, because cartoons are better made now then they were in the 80s. You wouldn't have had something like Avatar the Last Air bender in the 80s.

Last edited:
To be fair, most cartoons from the 80s were terrible and the only reason people have fond memories of them is because they were 8 years old when they watched them. I think this new cartoon will be much better then the old one, because cartoons are better made now then they were in the 80s. You wouldn't have had something like Avatar the Last Air bender in the 80s.

+1

While I put my nostalgia goggles on sometimes, you've hit the nail fully on the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back