Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

Apparently that film is coming next year http://imdb.com/title/tt0466663/ been keeping my eye on it for awhile. I loved American McGee's Alice and I like Sarah Michelle Gellar so I can't wait.
There're rumors that it might not make it for that release date, as the man who is reported to direct, Marcus Nispel --- and that's unconfirmed --- will be shooting Friday the 13th in the same time frame.

I actually made about 30,000 dollars shorting its stock because of this, so don't be surprised if its supposed release date gets bumped .

I'd just rather he holds some sort of casting call AT ALL.
Yes.

Maybe Tim Burton's audition process is the time-honored use of the casting couch.

Which means that Helena automatically wins every role.

And Johnny Depp likes it where he sits.

Now that I think about it I like the Johnny Depp as the mad hatter suggestion i posted that others posted on other sites

Apparently, Johnny Deep has been cast as Alice.

Helena Bonham Carter will be the Queen of Hearts, I bet, but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, she'd do a good job in the role.

Don't get all the Big Fish hating on the first page... I love Big Fish. Although Burton's best movies came from his early career... And Corpse Bride was mediocre at best.

My Burton Rankings (only burton directed, and not counting his shorts):

1. Edward Scissorhands
2. Ed Wood
3. Big Fish
4. Batman
5. Beetlejuice
6. Sleepy Hollow
7. Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
8. Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
9. Batman Returns
10. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
11. Mars Attacks!
12. Planet of the Apes

If they were purely burton projects, Corpse Bride would rest just slightly ahead of Batman Returns, and Nightmare Before Christmas would beat out Big Fish.

Apparently, Johnny Deep has been cast as Alice.
It's true.

Here's a quote from Burton about the movie:
"Y'know, I really believe that all the past interpretations of 'Alice' have gotten it wrong. What you have to understand is that Alice is really a dark and incredibly tortured anti-hero. She is continually shunned by the inhabitants of Wonderland and must vengefully strike back at them, by any means necessary. That's really the heart of the character . . . Why, yes their will be a lot of leather in this movie. Johnny isn't afraid to put on a codpiece."

Last edited:
Mars Attacks! is absolutely brilliant and one of the best films on that list and more movies should be like it. Everything came together so well. ****ing love it. And the novelization is arguably the best I've ever read. Ourchair should read it.

miawasikowska6.jpg
<- Alice

I'm soooo bloody excited.

The only person I would have been happier with as Alice would have been, Evanna Lynch (Luna in the Potter movies).

miawasikowska6.jpg
<- Alice

I'm soooo bloody excited.

The only person I would have been happier with as Alice would have been, Evanna Lynch (Luna in the Potter movies).
Is that REALLY Evanna Lynch?! That picture is actually better than she's ever looked.

Latest posts

Back