Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

^ Is that the love child of Steven Tyler and Little orphan Annie ?

It's funny because your reply is on a new page and the arrow there points to your avatar. :lol:

True but you know what I'm at i'm pointing at :p:lol:

I found this one, too.

carrot-top-400a052307.jpg

:lol:

^ Is that the love child of Steven Tyler and Little orphan Annie ?

It's funny because your reply is on a new page and the arrow there points to your avatar. :lol:

:lol::lol:

I don't really like what I see so far. Alice in Wonderland is supposed to be trippy and surreal, and fearful and loathful, and drug-induced like that animated scene from Walk Hard where the Beatles drop acid. It's not supposed to be dark and gothic. Johnny Depp's face looks all right but the wardrobe just doesn't look right. Maybe if it was Batman's Mad Hatter. I don't think Tim Burton's style is right for this. All of his movies have that same gothic feel. I like the made-for-TV version of Alice in Wonderland from 1999. It had Whoopi Goldberg as the Cheshire Cat. I know that sounds like a load of suck, but it was the right kind of weird for Alice in Wonderland. This just isn't. I thought Tim Burton would be the right guy for this, but the whole atmosphere of the movie looks too dark.

Last edited:

:lol::lol:

I don't really like what I see so far. Alice in Wonderland is supposed to be trippy and surreal, and fearful and loathful, and drug-induced like that animated scene from Walk Hard where the Beatles drop acid. It's not supposed to be dark and gothic. Johnny Depp's face looks all right but the wardrobe just doesn't look right. Maybe if it was Batman's Mad Hatter. I don't think Tim Burton's style is right for this. All of his movies have that same gothic feel. I like the made-for-TV version of Alice in Wonderland from 1999. It had Whoopi Goldberg as the Cheshire Cat. I know that sounds like a load of suck, but it was the right kind of weird for Alice in Wonderland. This just isn't. I thought Tim Burton would be the right guy for this, but the whole atmosphere of the movie looks too dark.

Seriously... did you read Lewis Carroll's work?

Secondly, this is set AFTER the original works. This is Alice at 17, not Alice at 11.

Thirdly, Burton's not right for Alice? That just makes my head hurt. The only person that'd be more appropriate in my opinion would be like Spike Jonez.

Lastly, ummm... Lewis Carroll is a Gothic fiction era author. As to the darkness, all faerie tales are born from a certain bit of darkness and madness.

Seriously... did you read Lewis Carroll's work?

Secondly, this is set AFTER the original works. This is Alice at 17, not Alice at 11.

Thirdly, Burton's not right for Alice? That just makes my head hurt. The only person that'd be more appropriate in my opinion would be like Spike Jonez.

Lastly, ummm... Lewis Carroll is a Gothic fiction era author. As to the darkness, all faerie tales are born from a certain bit of darkness and madness.

Alice in Wonderland is an acid trip that Lewis Carroll had with some little girls while they were rowing a boat up the River Thames in 1865. People praise Tim Burton just because he's "eccentric." He's waaaay overrated. He makes the same friggin' movies over and over again. Lewis Carroll may have written in the era of gothic fiction, but he didn't write gothic stuff. Gothic fiction is horror mixed with romance; Lewis Carroll's stuff wasn't dark, it was literary nonsense set in fantasty worlds. The architecture in Wonderland is a bit gothic, but that's about it. Tim Burton's movies have really depressing moods. This is Alice in Wonderland.

Last edited:
Alice in Wonderland is an acid trip that Lewis Carroll had with some little girls while they were rowing a boat up the River Thames in 1865. People praise Tim Burton just because he's "eccentric." He's waaaay overrated. He makes the same friggin' movies over and over again. Lewis Carroll may have written in the era of gothic fiction, but he didn't write gothic stuff. Gothic fiction is horror mixed with romance; Lewis Carroll's stuff wasn't dark, it was literary nonsense set in fantasty worlds. The architecture in Wonderland is a bit gothic, but that's about it. Tim Burton's movies have really depressing moods. This is Alice in Wonderland.

Then seriously, don't watch it. It's not a movie for you, which is fine. Not everything has to be made for you, nor for me. Those of us who like a darker edge will enjoy it for you then.

End of my argument.

sorry, "end of argument" came off as snotty, and that's not what I'd intended, just saying I'm done arguing.

Last edited:
UK Cinema chains have threatened to ban Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland from their screens over a dispute with Disney.

The dispute with Odeon, Vue and Cineworld with Disney stems with the film's company attempt to cut the 17 week gap between the cinema and DVD release to 12 weeks. However, Odeon and Vue have already pulled all trailers and posters for their film from the cinema, while Cineworld are also said to be against the shorter window for the DVD release, reports the Guardian.

more : http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/12022010/5/cinemas-threaten-disney-boycott-0.html

:( great I was hyped for this.

No one has seen it?

I saw it today. It was...good. Not as great as I was expecting. Certainly not the type of story I was expecting (I didn't read any reviews or summaries beforehand).

It was kind of Narnia-ish.

A few of us have talked about it in the Movies of 2010 thread.

It was good, and I didn't expect it to be great by any means. I thought it actually looked like it could be a mess. And it still kind of was. But it still managed to be really enjoyable.

I thought it was lacking in almost all areas. It felt like half a movie.

Tim Burton is getting lazy.

I thought it was lacking in almost all areas. It felt like half a movie.

Tim Burton is getting lazy.

This is how I felt about pretty much everything he did in the 2000s until Sweeny Todd, which was great. I agree with what you say about this one, but it still feels like an improvement over CATCF and The Corpse Bride.

I hear the complaint a lot these days that he's doing too many remakes and adaptations and his work would spring back if he did original stuff again, but I don't think that's the case at all. I think Sleepy Hollow is one of his best films ever and The Corpse Bride perhaps his worst. His whole style has just changed somehow, like The Simpsons.

Either way, this is great:
[video]http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1929453[/video]

I gave up watching Corpse Bride and still need to see Sweeney Todd.

Back