Timeline Hub

Did you guys know that The Gudge (2004) and the Ju-On series are actually the same universe as one another and not just reboots? I mean, I don't know exactly how it works, but the director of The Gudge (2020) confirmed as such.

Also, while looking at the Dead by Daylight crossovers, I discovered that the Ringu films are actually a huge mess of timelines.

Timeline 1
1995 - Ringu (1995)

Timeline 2
1968 - Ringu 0: Birthday
1997 - Ringu (1997)
1997 - Rasen
2011 - Sadako 3D
2017 - Sadako 3D 2
2022 - Sadako DX

Timeline 3
1968 - Ringu 0: Birthday
1997 - Ringu (1997)
1997 - Ringu 2
2018 - Sadako
2022 - Dead by Daylight: Sadako Rising: Official Trailer
2022 - Dead by Daylight (Sadako Backstory)
2022 - Dead by Daylight (Yoichi Asakawa Backstory)

Timeline 4
The Ring Virus

Timeline 5
2002 - The Ring
2005 - The Ring Two
2015 - Rings

Timeline 6
2015 - Sadako vs. Kayako

Did you guys know that The Gudge (2004) and the Ju-On series are actually the same universe as one another and not just reboots?
Yes I knew that. I wish someone would make a timeline for grudge / ju-on and the ring

I have seen those videos, it's just that my main question is: Are Portal RTX and the upcoming Half-Life 2 RTX canon?
I think since the story is just about the same it does not matter. Afterall the RTX versions are more of an overhaul of graphics. Besides, they are considered a mod and are not made by Valve themselves.

Kirby Reed in Scream VI says she came from Atlanta where she was investigating Ghostface attacks (Scream VI opening killers). She gave an interview to Bloody Disgusting about her own experience in the previous movie (Scream 4) in 2018.

Coincidentally, Scream S3 takes place in Atlanta 2018 during a Ghostface attack. Consider that an accidental connection.

Scream VI places Scream in 1996 and Scream 2 in 1997, so I think perhaps Gale was asking Sydney about the last two years since the first murder (Maureen Prescott)? It sucks but it's the best I've got.

1993 - Dead by Daylight: Tome 13: Malevolence: Danny Johnson: Beneath the Mask (Memory 708-717)
1993 - Dead by Daylight: Ghost Face: Official Trailer
1993 - Dead by Daylight (Ghost Face Backstory)
1996 - Scream (1996)
1997 - Scream 2
2000 - Scream 3
2011 - Scream 4
2015 - Scream 1x01-1x10
2016 - Scream: If I Die: Noah, "Welcome to the Morgue"
2016 - Scream: If I Die: Kieran, "Thank You Lakewood"
2016 - Scream: If I Die: Jake, "I Hope I Live"
2016 - Scream: If I Die: Emma, "One Surprise Left"
2016 - Scream: If I Die: Brooke, "Thanks For Seeing The Real Me"
2016 - Scream: If I Die: Audrey, "I Love All Of You... Mostly"
2016 - Scream 2x01-2x14
2018 - Scream 3x01-3x06
2022 - Scream (2022)
2023 - Scream VI: House Call
2023 - Calm Sleep Stories: Ghostface's 'Rules for a Good Night's Rest'
2023 - Scream VI

Last edited:
There Is Also this playlist, for the black mesa incident. It features some mods, but the canonical games are set in their right places.

Also don't forget this awesome guy, which found out the dates for every half-life events (and aren't the official dates).

Another thing he did Is the aftermath of the black mesa incident and his new sequel which documents the 20 years of the combine occupation of earth.

Also don't forget this awesome guy, which found out the dates for every half-life events (and aren't the official dates).

and aside from that amazing video, a commenter did some other pretty in-depth research, which could shift the video's timeline even more so. This would be a pretty good discussion for it's own thread I recon.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 01-15-30 The Dates of Every Major Event in the Half-Life Series.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 01-15-30 The Dates of Every Major Event in the Half-Life Series.png
    113.4 KB · Views: 11
and aside from that amazing video, a commenter did some other pretty in-depth research, which could shift the video's timeline even more so. This would be a pretty good discussion for it's own thread I recon.
They are really good points, but I honestly will go with the dates in the video, since they reconcile most things with the lore and make the most sense. (and also for simplicity sake ahahah)

Has anyone ever attempted Samurai Jack?
I noticed that the time period in episode 1 before he travels to the future doesn't make any sense. He visits Ancient Greece, a Viking Ship and England in times of Robin Hood. Apparently in the second episode when the dogs scan him and discover he is from the past it can be seen that he is from "25 Before Aku".
Also apparently there is a videogame called Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time that takes place during the last episode that ends with a recap of the episode's ending BUT if you get all the collectibles, an alternate, more happy ending is shown (I haven't finished watching the show or played the videogame, so I don't know for sure how they fit together).

The Exorcist: Believer is in the same continuity as the other Exorcist movies beyond the original, stated by the director. This made me interested in learning more about the timeline.

The problem comes with the prequels. They're different films telling the exact same story in a different way. It's confusing, but basically the films feature the same characters in different ways with entirely different scenes. There's also some issues between the prequels and the first two films. I'm planning on watching all the films as if they were the same continuity though, just to see if it could fit in any way. The prequels are likely going to be different continuities to one another, so I guess one of them is supposed to be thrown out.

At the very least, the first three films are confirmed canon. If the new film says the first movie is set in 1973, that's a small retcon to the third, but either way, it's canon.

There's a crossover character with The Ninth Configuration apparently, and it's apparently explicitly related to The Exorcist in general.

The TV Series is a sequel to the original film, but a character dies in it that is alive in the new installment so it can't be the same continuity as the films. So, that's absolutely cut.

Film Timeline
1947 - Dominion: Prequel to the Exorcist
1949 - Exorcist: The Beginning
1975 - The Exorcist
197? - The Ninth Configuration
1979 - Exorcist II: The Heretic
1990 - The Exorcist III
2023 - The Exorcist: Believer

TV Series Timeline

1975 - The Exorcist
2016 - The Exorcist 1x01-1x10
2017 - The Exorcist 2x01-2x10