Titles to Millar's Ultimate Fantastic Four arcs revealed

Here's hoping the frightful four are kids from the think tank who are a bit pissy over all the attention the FF are getting. I'd like something like that.

OK, well first of all, I'm almost 100% certain Crossover does NOT go into 616. Why? I think it's pretty obvious really.

First of all, if indeed it IS a cross between those two universes, don't you think Marvel would make the most of it? Nothing like this is mentioned in any of the 616 books. I mean come on, the potential for cash ins is humongous, do you really think Marvel would limit this monumentous occasion to 3 issues of one title? Plus, they've already got one huge crossover with House Of M. From a business side of things, it really doesn't make sense in the least.

Plus, look at the facts we have so far. On one of the covers we see Magneto, in what is quite clearly a different costume than the one he normally adorns in 616. Next, the older Reed apparently contacts our Reed through email or something. Well, why email? In the 616 the FF can just walk into alternate realities with one of their doohickeys. The email thing seems to suggest a more realistic approach, which to me indicates that this ain't leaving the UU.

If you ask me, and judging from the preview we received with all the time travel, I think it's possible that Reed and co meet future versions of themselves.

Now, about Tomb Of Namor. Well, this seems a highly suggestive title to me. Tomb. What goes in a tomb? Dead things. Namor is dead, as are all the Atlanteans.

President Thor. It's possible this has been long in the planning. I mean, everything Thor related comes from Millar anyway, so I think we're going to get a very classy story here, which has possibly been set up from Ultimates 2. I doubt it's as simple as Thor becoming President, it's obviously a play on words.

Frightful. I'm going with everyone else here. Sounds good to me.

Sentry Boy said:
Here's hoping the frightful four are kids from the think tank who are a bit pissy over all the attention the FF are getting. I'd like something like that.
I hope something along those lines is the case. But if it is, they'll almost certainly be goths.

Caduceus said:
I hope something along those lines is the case. But if it is, they'll almost certainly be goths.

If they were goths,they wouldnt get revenge.Just off themselves.

I have been readin gUltimates 2, and he does write good comics, but to gush over stuff you have yet to read to me seems kinda.....stupid.

Just saying, it's kinda like what people use to do with Bendis.

fanboy said:
OMFG BENDIS IS WRITIN' SOMETHIGN.....I GOTTA BUY IT!!!1111one!!111

And now Bendis stuff seems plain. All I'm saying.

*Prepares to be flamed*

Ultimate Houde said:
but to gush over stuff you have yet to read to me seems kinda.....stupid.

Erm...did you not see the 12 page preview that was posted? :sure:

DIrishB said:
Reed and Ben shrunk down to microscopic size and fighting aliens in the President's (Thor's apparently?? Or not...we'll see) body.

*slaps forehead*

Duh, I cannot believe that I, "Bass: Master of Manifestos" missed this connection. Good catch. I'm looking forward to President Thor more and more.

Okay, for you, Houde.

OMG! Millar UFF s-0nds =tehwin! w00tz0rz! rotflmao! ths'lll s0 pwn!

:D

And I agree, Bendis' is stuff is plain.

Ultimate Houde said:
I did, the art was pretty, Sue was hot, but I'm not jumping to any conclusions yet that's all. We only got a portion of the story
You've seen half the issue. There's that much again to read but it should give you a bit of an idea

Okay, here's how I feel. Millar weaves great beginnings to his stories, but some fo the times, the endings feel rushed, and dues ex machina-ish.

Take his Spiderman arc for instance, great beginning, interesting middle, horrible horrible ending.

That's how I'm feeling thei FF4 is going to be, so I don't want to be all for it then be pissed off at the endings.

I 100% agree about his Spidey arc.

Thing is, he and Bendis are the major culprits of this. Bendis seems to do it all the time - but I agree.

That said, Millar can tell wonderful stories, and has done at least four amazing runs (Ultimates, Superman Adventures, Superman: Red Son, and The Authority) and hopefully UFF will be #5.

Bass said:
I 100% agree about his Spidey arc.

Thing is, he and Bendis are the major culprits of this. Bendis seems to do it all the time - but I agree.

That said, Millar can tell wonderful stories, and has done at least four amazing runs (Ultimates, Superman Adventures, Superman: Red Son, and The Authority) and hopefully UFF will be #5.

Wolverine........

His Spidey arc was the best that I've ever read. It was way better than USM.

I know these arcs will be great. I just do. (Well, they will be, at least for me).

icemastertron said:
His Spidey arc was the best that I've ever read. It was way better than USM.

I know these arcs will be great. I just do. (Well, they will be, at least for me).

Spidey I was disappointed by,which is a first for Millar.

Johnny Bravo said:
Spidey I was disappointed by,which is a first for Millar.

I second that.

Motion carried. Millar's Spider-Man was somewhat of a disappointment.

Ultimate Houde said:
Okay, here's how I feel. Millar weaves great beginnings to his stories, but some fo the times, the endings feel rushed, and dues ex machina-ish.

Take his Spiderman arc for instance, great beginning, interesting middle, horrible horrible ending.

That's how I'm feeling thei FF4 is going to be, so I don't want to be all for it then be pissed off at the endings.

This is what happened to UXM, too. The first two arcs were great, the World Tour arc slipped, and the title struggled from there. It's too bad Millar's got such a bad habit, but he's been ok on the Ultimates, so we may be alright with this one.

Latest posts

Back