TNT's Titans

I was only kidding with my comment before that they're apparently aiming for 52 different live-action continuities between television (Arrow/The Flash, Constantine, Gotham, Supergirl, and now Titans) and the films. Now, its one step closer to actually being the case. 6 down, 46 more to go.

I was only kidding with my comment before that they're apparently aiming for 52 different live-action continuities between television (Arrow/The Flash, Constantine, Gotham, Supergirl, and now Titans) and the films. Now, its one step closer to actually being the case. 6 down, 46 more to go.

Can you include old stuff? Batman serials from the 40s, Batman 66, 80s/90s Batman movies, Dark Knight trilogy, Christopher Reeves Superman, Superman Returns, Lois and Clark, Smallville, Adventures of Superman from the 50s, Superboy from the 80s, Wonder Woman, Flash, Steel, the first Constantine movie... that's 14 more off the top of my head and I'm sure I missed stuff.

Can you include old stuff? Batman serials from the 40s, Batman 66, 80s/90s Batman movies, Dark Knight trilogy, Christopher Reeves Superman, Superman Returns, Lois and Clark, Smallville, Adventures of Superman from the 50s, Superboy from the 80s, Wonder Woman, Flash, Steel, the first Constantine movie... that's 14 more off the top of my head and I'm sure I missed stuff.

Why not? Though Superman and Superman II are same continuity as Superman Returns, but then you can factor in Superman III and IV, and the Supergirl movie from the 80's. Yeah, they've probably already come close to 52 factoring in all of those.

Yeah, there are two Superman continuities with Superman I &II. One continues with Superman III and one continues with Superman Returns

Yeah, there are two Superman continuities with Superman I &II. One continues with Superman III and one continues with Superman Returns

And Supergirl (in the III and IV continuity).

Personally I just pretend Superman III and IV (as well as Supergirl) happened soon after Superman II and before Superman Returns. Even though Superman III, IV, and Supergirl suck.

I was hoping this worked out as they had rumours Nightwing would be in arrow. I'd love to see that then him in this it'd be great.

The current rumor is Eastwood is playing Dick in Suicide Squad so I don't know if he'll ever show up on Arrow.

Hopefully as a film extension of the DCEU (spinning off the various characters from supporting roles in other films like Cyborg in JL and Robin in Batman).

The various separate DC properties are getting a bit overwhelming, not due to the number, but mainly due to all the various continuities. It's just kind of overboard for me, personally. I get wanting to keep the TV and movie verses separate, but there are, what, 3-4 different DC/Vertigo-based TV shows in all different universes.

Or (and this is just as likely if not more so) maybe I've done too many timelines...

Hopefully as a film extension of the DCEU (spinning off the various characters from supporting roles in other films like Cyborg in JL and Robin in Batman).

That would be cool. The Titans are, sort of at their core, a team of sidekicks who have decided to go out on their own, so there needs to be that bigger universe so you can really get what they are about. (Actually, I guess the New Titans were less about that, but it's at least a big part of Nightwing's story.)

However, Cyborg is getting his own movie, yeah? I'm not sure how they would swing him being a recurring character on this show and have his own movie.

Really, I wish the Arrowverse would explicitly acknowledge Batman and Superman (they don't ever need to make appearances, Batman can be an urban legend who's been operating under the radar in Gotham for some time, and Superman can be relatively new on the scene - sort of like the DCEU, I guess.) and then the Titans could take place in that universe too. It would be cool to see Roy and Wally show up with Nightwing.

Latest posts

Back