Tomb of Namor speculation...and whats the Storm family secret?

Guijllons said:
You can never have too much jazz.

Unless its Charlie Parker...just kidding.

Well, after doing some research on 616 Dr. Storm, it turns out in the regular Marvel Universe, Mrs. Storm was killed in a car accident while the Storm family was on their way to a gala dinner in honor of Dr. Storm (in 616 he's a surgeon as opposed to the Ultimate versions scientist). He attempted to operate to save her, but she died anyway, so Dr. Storm blamed himself and turned to gambling.

Perhaps this might play into the Ultimate's version family secret. Or not, who knows?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Still Hope Mrs. Storm just died of some natural (non comic bull****) reason. The Storm family has two brilliant extrordinary kids they don't need more jazz in their life. So stupid.

Well, doesn't matter who they are, any character written by Millar has to have a weakness or a flaw. We haven't seen really any in either of the Storms', and plenty in both Reed and Ben, so I say it's about time we get something on Sue and Johnny.

Yeah, but MWoF is just saying that they don't need anything else incredible happening to them. They've been given superpowers, making them the offspring of a human and an inhuman would be overkill (for example).

However, given the nature of the work that Dr. Storm carries out, it's perfectly conceivable that something extraordinary could have happened to his wife, and since we don't yet know if she was a Dr also (though I would assume that she was), I would expect her death could well be related to this dangerous and exciting world of scientific R&D.

I say anything's plausible in the UFF lore now... There has been so many radical changes to the surface of the Ultimate Universe since the UFF title started, so I don't really see Millar putting any kind of stops to the insanity in the title. Not to say that this is all bad, it's just to solitify the "Expect the unexpected" theme in UFF.

Guijllons said:
However, given the nature of the work that Dr. Storm carries out, it's perfectly conceivable that something extraordinary could have happened to his wife, and since we don't yet know if she was a Dr also (though I would assume that she was), I would expect her death could well be related to this dangerous and exciting world of scientific R&D.

Good point, makes more sense for Prof. Storm to be as overprotective as he is (you know, he's always getting pissed at Reed for putting Sue and Johnny in danger).

Guijllons said:
Well, in that case I hope people expect UFF to get silly so that Millar in his wisdom can do something unexpected and it still be good.

That's what he's done with #21, right? Just look at that ending and how silly it is... I do know it's going to end being real cool, but look at it right now... Yeah... Zombies.

Also, I really like that idea... Dr. Storm doesn't want Reed to make the same mistake he did. That would be a cool characterization point on Dr. Storm's part.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Maybe she's frozen in a cryogenic and only Dad knows about it. Dr. Storm knows Namor holds the key to eternal life so he's the one who is pushing to investigate.
That is a great idea. That would defitenly push for the "lost himself into his work" than just using it as something to keep him occupied because his wife died.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Maybe she's frozen in a cryogenic and only Dad knows about it. Dr. Storm knows Namor holds the key to eternal life so he's the one who is pushing to investigate.

I like that idea. After all, if Namor (who's supposedly been in his tomb since who knows how long) is still alive, obviously he's either immortal or lives for a REALLY long time.

All I know is I hope to see the Namor/Sue thing from 616 addressed a little, like maybe Namor wants her to be his queen because

1.) he's attracted to her

2.) she has super-powers, so maybe she's genetically worthy in Namor's eyes to sire his Atlantean children

Guijllons said:
I don't think cryogenic freezing is ever a good storyline, it stinks of bringing back from the dead rubbish we experience in comics way too much.

You make a good point there, but instead of her being cryogenically frozen or something perhaps he's planning to clone her or something like that...oh wait, that would also stink of bringing back from the dead rubbish we experience in comics (Ultimate Clone saga?).

;)

Latest posts

Back