Tomb of Namor speculation...and whats the Storm family secret?

icemastertron said:
Yeah.....that never came to my mind....

Check the cover, yo.

The statue very clearly looks like an Egyptian statue and the body on the pedestal at the bottom seems to be in an Egyptian sarcophagus. The sarcophagus is broken open, exposing a skeleton.

moonmaster said:
Check the cover, yo.

The statue very clearly looks like an Egyptian statue and the body on the pedestal at the bottom seems to be in an Egyptian sarcophagus. The sarcophagus is broken open, exposing a skeleton.
I've seen the cover. Doesnt mean it'll remind me of the mummy. And I ain't the only one.

icemastertron said:
I've seen the cover. Doesnt mean it'll remind me of the mummy. And I ain't the only one.

I know, I know. I was just pointing out why someone would guess that it would be a mummy story. It seemed like you didn't understand. Sorry.

I don't want it to have anything to do with mummies. I'm hoping it has something to do with ancient Egypt (c'mon, it has to). That would be cool.

moonmaster said:
I know, I know. I was just pointing out why someone would guess that it would be a mummy story. It seemed like you didn't understand. Sorry.
I dont know why you would say that, just cuz I said it didnt come to my mind...but oooook......

moonmaster said:
I don't want it to have anything to do with mummies. I'm hoping it has something to do with ancient Egypt (c'mon, it has to). That would be cool.
Same here. It wouldnt seem to fit right with Namor anyways. Least for me. But now he seems to be as old as Apoc (yeah, I know they havent said his age, but it'll be that!).

Atlantis, Namor, Babylon, Apocalypse, Nimrod, Ancient civilisations, Moleman, Cradle of civilisation, Inhumans... Sounds all very interesting to me. And with Reed's new time machine, history and beginnings seem to be a plausible theme. Which leads us to Mrs. Storm again.

Guijllons said:
Atlantis, Namor, Babylon, Apocalypse, Nimrod, Ancient civilisations, Moleman, Cradle of civilisation, Inhumans... Sounds all very interesting to me. And with Reed's new time machine, history and beginnings seem to be a plausible theme. Which leads us to Mrs. Storm again.

ooooo

maybe reed gets so fascinated with atlantis that he travels back in time to meet namor (if he is dead)

Yeah, that's an idea. I really don't see why Millar took the time machine so lightly when that, in a lot of respects, opens up a can of worms, but I think Reed using it to find Atlantis again would be a good way to reintroduce it. With Reed, you'll know that, unless there are certain circumstances, he'll use the device for scientific purposes, which is what it should be about.

There have already been major consequences. One of the jokes that I think Millar was trying to go for was that Ben Grimm, introducing a new predator to the world untouched by anything but dinosaurs, actually made the dinosaurs bite it by punching that one in the face. Reed just got finished saying that there would be HUGE consequences if Ben didn't leave things as they were. Not only that, but the terrorists snuck back in time... That's a mistake.

I'm with MWoF, I don't like time travel. I'd certainly prefer it if Reed found out about the past by examining the present. But, Millar has introduced time travel.. I hope he's sensible with it. Well, I hope he's sensible from now on, punching a dinosaur and hoping that the future won't change is all total arse.

From what we've been shown, and what we know, we have a few evidential pieces.

- Ultimate Atlantis clearly looks egyptian, when in the real world it's a greek legend (damn t-rex whacking).

- Namor Looks elvish. In that cover with sue fondleing his leg, he's got elf ears!

- Atlantis has something to do with the inhumans.

- Namor has something to do with the Storm family secret.

- Mrs. Storm is dead, Prof. Storm tells Reed, "Just before she died she told me to take care of them." (them being Sue and Johnny)

- If Mrs. Storm was inhuman, why then were Sue and Johnny not borne with weird powers or abilities or whatever?

My conclusion, I have no frickin' idea

Hawkeye101 said:
- Namor Looks elvish. In that cover with sue fondleing his leg, he's got elf ears!
He's always had the ears like that in 616, too.

Hawkeye101 said:
Yeah, SOMETHING is up with a connection, alright.

Hawkeye101 said:
- Namor has something to do with the Storm family secret.
A lot of us are thinking the same. Probably all. I dont know. Im not a mind reader or a psychic. If I was, I'd be rich. Filty rich.

Hawkeye101 said:
- Mrs. Storm is dead, Prof. Storm tells Reed, "Just before she died she told me to take care of them." (them being Sue and Johnny)
Or maybe he's leading them ALL believe that she's dead, but she's really not. Something could have happened that made him swore not to ever tell.

Hawkeye101 said:
- If Mrs. Storm was inhuman, why then were Sue and Johnny not borne with weird powers or abilities or whatever?
IF she was, the reason why the kids wouldn't be is because they would have to go through the 'Terrigen Mists', that would make them into an Inhuman.

Hawkeye101 said:
- Ultimate Atlantis clearly looks egyptian, when in the real world it's a greek legend (damn t-rex whacking).

Atlantis is a greek word. The legend of an ancient civilisation that is perfect and destroyed by hubris or/and an act of God is found across the globe, in Ancient Egypt and even in the Bible (The Tower of Babel). It makes some degree of sense that one such ancient civilsation spawned all these interpretations as it was told and retold throughout the millenia.

Hawkeye101 said:

I think Atlantis and the Inhumans are both ancient races that predate modern evolutionary theory. Not aliens or anything like that, but the original dominant species on the planet - I suppose more like the Eternals now that I think of it. The Inhumans and Atlanteans are just offshoots or different versions of an ancient race that has been forgotten in time. I hope it's more original though.

Also, I'm glad we're getting time travel and archaeology and aliens and dimensions being handled in a more realistic and honest way. I couldn't stand it if Fantastic Four was just a bunch of smart people beating up the same guys the other three Ultimate books beat up. It's nice if all the weirdness and crazy stuff is kept in one corner of the UU.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: What's in UF4 isn't inappropriate to the UU. What's in UF4 would be inappropriate in USM or UXM (possibly not ULT though if handled correctly like the Skrulls) - but it's totally appropriate for the UF4. Because UF4 was the most recent addition, it feels like the odd one out and it doesn't "fit". It's not supposed to and we'd be telling a different tale if UF4 was the first like it was in 616.

The Atlanteans are ancestors to the Egyptians.

ProjectX2 said:
The Atlanteans are ancestors to the Egyptians.

First off, I forgot that 616 Namor had elf ears. I just looked at my Le Namor Hero clix. Yeah, he got elf ears.

Okay, now, yes, a lot of civilizations have the great destructo-story, but Atlantis had a specific Mythology that followed the Greeks (i.e. Posiedon was the father of the damn island). Now that we see Egyptian statues and whatev, is proof that the Thing whacking the T-rex screwed up which civilization Atlantis belongs. That's all i'm sayin'.

There's no proof that the Thing punching a T-Rex is behind the culture of the Atlanteans. :roll:

ProjectX2 said:
There's no proof that the Thing punching a T-Rex is behind the culture of the Atlanteans. :roll:

Well then...good thing this is posted in a spec thread.

UltimateE said:
Well then...good thing this is posted in a spec thread.

Yeah! What Ultimate E said!
What in the Hell does E stand for anyway, Elektra?

Latest posts

Back