Tomb of Namor speculation...and whats the Storm family secret?

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
I know its a bit early for this, but I've been wondering about this for weeks now. Even before we got the previews, we'd gotten mention that the big Storm family secret would be revealed during Millar's run. And with the October solicits, we know when it'll happen:

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #24
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils and Cover by GREG LAND
"TOMB OF NAMOR" Part 1 (of 3).
The shocking secret of the Storm family is finally revealed! Locked away at the bottom of the ocean for 5,000 years, Namor the Sub-Mariner's Atlantean tomb has been breached and now he's back to rule a planet. This is a Namor you've never seen before with a vastly different agenda. This is Ultimate Namor! Learn about the ties between Atlantis, the Ultimate Inhumans and the super-races who existed before man ruled the Earth. We're building the Ultimate Universe like never before!

So what do you think the secret is? Also, with the mention of tying together Atlantis, the Inhumans and ancient super-races, this sounds like in a way Millar is taking an Earth X approach in tying everything together, which in my opinion is a good thing.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on this?

I too like the idea of tying everything together. Kinda like what they did with Spidey and the Supersoldier serum.

As for the secret, I hope it's got something to do with the father. He was a crazy scientist in 616, so maybe he's been experimenting on someone here or something...

Well, seeing as how there are three people on the cover to #24 instead of the Four, I thought that it was Dr. Storm, Johnny, and Sue. I think there secret may tie into Atlantis, I'm not sure... Perhaps the Storms' mother is an Inhuman or something... Who knows.

ProjectX2 said:
I too like the idea of tying everything together. Kinda like what they did with Spidey and the Supersoldier serum.

As for the secret, I hope it's got something to do with the father. He was a crazy scientist in 616, so maybe he's been experimenting on someone here or something...

Really? I didn't even know Professor Storm had a 616 counterpart, could you give me a little more info on his 616 version?

Guijllons said:
What happened to the lovely Mrs. Storm?

Very good question...hmmmm

Well, I only remember the 616 Dr. Storm from the various Essentials. I don't know much more about him.

Well, what we do know about the Ultimate Storm is that he's a very capable scientist who is protective of his children. It appears to me that Sue has a bit of a problem with him and the relationship with her mother, so I would imagine that has something to do with it, but, as it is in real life, it's likely the guy's fault.

It's been mentioned that she's dead. Sue said that 'at least my father waited until my mother was dead until he became obsessed with his work'. This was in #21.

Guijllons said:
Maybe that's just what he told the kids....

Maybe I'm reaching too far...
That's what I'm thinking, too. I, like some others, think that she may be connected to Atlantis somehow. Maybe she was kidnapped to be Namor's" queen once he "ressurected" or something. We'll see soon enough.

I guessed that Mrs. Storm was actually an Inhuman, which isn't that far off from what you said, Ice, but now that I think about it, I don't think that's it. I think the entire Storm clan is keeping something from Reed. I don't think that I would like to see Dr. Storm's character tarnished if he was doing evil deeds behind even his childrens' back.

icemastertron said:
That's what I'm thinking, too. I, like some others, think that she may be connected to Atlantis somehow. Maybe she was kidnapped to be Namor's" queen once he "ressurected" or something. We'll see soon enough.

That would be quite a twist since in 616 it was Sue.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Still Hope Mrs. Storm just died of some natural (non comic bull****) reason. The Storm family has two brilliant extrordinary kids they don't need more jazz in their life. So stupid.
You can never have too much jazz.

Latest posts

Back