Top 10 favorite comics currently.

No,Frank MillEr used to write great stories.

And Mark MillAr can write one hell of a book, most of the times. Sometimes his love of name-calling (Count how many times a year he has someone say, "Idiot", "Moron", and "Meatball") and cynicism wears thin on me, but most times I love it.

No,Frank MillEr used to write great stories.

And Mark MillAr can write one hell of a book, most of the times. Sometimes his love of name-calling (Count how many times a year he has someone say, "Idiot", "Moron", and "Meatball") and cynicism wears thin on me, but most times I love it.
Don't forget "JEEZUS!" :lol:

Not a name calling, but he likes to use that a lot, too.

Last edited:
In no particular order

The Justice Society of America
The Immortal Iron Fist
Daredevil
All Star Superman
The Walking Dead
Robin
Criminal
Jonah Hex
The Trails of Shazam

10. Ultimates 2
9. Ultimate Spider-man
8. Ultimate Fantastic Four
7. Nextwave
6. Young Avengers
5. Captain America
4. New Avengers
3. Runaways
2. All-Star Superman
1. Daredevil

Brand new candidates: Immortal Iron Fist, DMZ

10. Civil War
9. Action Comics
8. Astonishing X-Men
7. Detective Comics
6. Justice Society of America
5. Nextwave
4. 52
3. Daredevil
2. Fables
1. Fell (if only it came out more often)

in no particular order...

- Fables
- Runaways
- All-Star Superman
- Justice Society of America
- Checkmate
- Ultimate Fantastic Four
- The Boys
- Crossing Midnight
- Ultimate X-Men

Re: Top 10 favorite comics currently

Old Standings

10 - Robin - This is what Ultimate Spiderman should be.

9 - Checkmate - OOooooooo.....so good that I wanna marry it. All the action of a superhero book.....and all the drama of a political espionage book. Plus Waller is like a short, round female Ultimate Nick Fury. Too cool for words.

8 - Civil War and Subsequent Tie-Ins - Proving again why Millar is one of (if not the best) comic writer alive.

7 - Sam Noir - Only 2 issues into this and I love it. All of it. Everything about this comic works.

6 - Ex Machina - Second verse same as the first....

5 - Supergirl - Of all the great stories in the DC universe....I don't know why I'm drawn to this book about a superstrong blonde in a miniskirt. Oh wait.....

4 - Nextwave - if seeing the Mindless Ones snap their fingers and dance down the street West Side Story style didn't convince you on how awesome this book is---I wanna see you at Wizard World 07 so I can punch you in the stomach. NEXTWAVE!!!

3 - Y - The Last Man - I dare you to deny this book's awesomeness. I dare you.

2 - Fables - Fables has the weird ability to make a grown man squeal like a girl.........or maybe that's just me. But with superb story and great art to go with it---this is a MUST for any comic fan. Seriously. If you aren't reading Fables (even in trade) don't call yourself a comic fan.

1 - Punisher MAX - Still the greatest book I look forward to each time. I will read this before any other issue that comes out that week.

New Standings
10 - Supergirl - The last 6-7 issues have been pretty crappy. But you have no idea how bad I want this to be good.

9 - Checkmate - You'll have to read it to understand.

8 - Astonishing X-Men - Curse you Whedon. You and your "Yeahbuhwhat?"s. read the last arc and then tell me that ball of yarn trick to bring Beast back to normal wasn't ****ing genius!?!?! The only reason this isn't any higher is because of it's bi-monthly schedule.

7 - Street Fighter II - This is a nostalgic love for me. But the comic captures the feel of the game and tweaks the story to it's will and makes you it's *****.

6 - Y - The Last Man - Read this and then tell me BKV isn't amazing. I dare you. There are few comics out there that I look forward to. Few that captures the character. There is barely any action at all in this book. And when there is....it's needed. It drives the story forward. Why this isn't a TV series yet is beyond me.

5 - Nextwave - Maybe I'm getting all sentimental since the final issue is coming. But I'm really gonna miss this. It's a "Comic's Comic". Stuff blows up. Go Boom.

4 - Action Comics - Ugh. I know it's contrived....but Donner/Johns giving Superman a kid....and then making that kid the child of Zod and Ursa has been the most intriguing story I've read as of late. Combine that premise with Kubert's magnificent art and you get a must read. Superman has never been better.

3 - Daredevil - 3 words........Bru.Bake.Er. You all know what I'm talking about.

2 - Fables - Quite frankly---this is the reason we read comic books. Every month---nobody puts out a better comic. you're dumb if you don't read this.

1 - Punisher MAX - There is no way that anyone ccannot read this book and NOT fall madly in love with it. Ennis gives THE definitive Frank Castle with each issue. Love it or die!

Old Standings

10 - Robin - This is what Ultimate Spiderman should be.

9 - Checkmate - OOooooooo.....so good that I wanna marry it. All the action of a superhero book.....and all the drama of a political espionage book. Plus Waller is like a short, round female Ultimate Nick Fury. Too cool for words.

8 - Civil War and Subsequent Tie-Ins - Proving again why Millar is one of (if not the best) comic writer alive.

7 - Sam Noir - Only 2 issues into this and I love it. All of it. Everything about this comic works.

6 - Ex Machina - Second verse same as the first....

5 - Supergirl - Of all the great stories in the DC universe....I don't know why I'm drawn to this book about a superstrong blonde in a miniskirt. Oh wait.....

4 - Nextwave - if seeing the Mindless Ones snap their fingers and dance down the street West Side Story style didn't convince you on how awesome this book is---I wanna see you at Wizard World 07 so I can punch you in the stomach. NEXTWAVE!!!

3 - Y - The Last Man - I dare you to deny this book's awesomeness. I dare you.

2 - Fables - Fables has the weird ability to make a grown man squeal like a girl.........or maybe that's just me. But with superb story and great art to go with it---this is a MUST for any comic fan. Seriously. If you aren't reading Fables (even in trade) don't call yourself a comic fan.

1 - Punisher MAX - Still the greatest book I look forward to each time. I will read this before any other issue that comes out that week.

New Standings
10 - Supergirl - The last 6-7 issues have been pretty crappy. But you have no idea how bad I want this to be good.

9 - Checkmate - You'll have to read it to understand.

8 - Astonishing X-Men - Curse you Whedon. You and your "Yeahbuhwhat?"s. read the last arc and then tell me that ball of yarn trick to bring Beast back to normal wasn't ****ing genius!?!?! The only reason this isn't any higher is because of it's bi-monthly schedule.

7 - Street Fighter II - This is a nostalgic love for me. But the comic captures the feel of the game and tweaks the story to it's will and makes you it's *****.

6 - Y - The Last Man - Read this and then tell me BKV isn't amazing. I dare you. There are few comics out there that I look forward to. Few that captures the character. There is barely any action at all in this book. And when there is....it's needed. It drives the story forward. Why this isn't a TV series yet is beyond me.

5 - Nextwave - Maybe I'm getting all sentimental since the final issue is coming. But I'm really gonna miss this. It's a "Comic's Comic". Stuff blows up. Go Boom.

4 - Action Comics - Ugh. I know it's contrived....but Donner/Johns giving Superman a kid....and then making that kid the child of Zod and Ursa has been the most intriguing story I've read as of late. Combine that premise with Kubert's magnificent art and you get a must read. Superman has never been better.

3 - Daredevil - 3 words........Bru.Bake.Er. You all know what I'm talking about.

2 - Fables - Quite frankly---this is the reason we read comic books. Every month---nobody puts out a better comic. you're dumb if you don't read this.

1 - Punisher MAX - There is no way that anyone ccannot read this book and NOT fall madly in love with it. Ennis gives THE definitive Frank Castle with each issue. Love it or die!

I've actually never read "Punisher MAX" (please don't kill me...). I have, however, read "Welcome back, Frank" and do know that Ennis is a great writer.

I've actually never read "Punisher MAX" (please don't kill me...). I have, however, read "Welcome back, Frank" and do know that Ennis is a great writer.

"Welcome Back, Frank" is indeed awesome. But Ennis' MAX series makes "Welcome Back, Frank" look like Ultimate Iron Man.

It's that ****ing good.

Don't believe me? Ask Moony. Or TOG. Or E. Or anyone. They are the greatest Punisher stories in the history of EVAR!

Plus---the best thing about them is that you don't really need to follow the trades in order. Each one is pretty much stand alone..........with the exception of a few. Let's see:

• Vol 1 -- In The Beginning
  • Vol 2 -- Kitchen Irish
  • Vol 3 -- Mother Russia
  • Vol 4 -- Up Is Down, Black Is White (this one actually ties in things from Vol 1....so you're gonna want to read that first)
  • Vol 5 -- The Slavers
  • Vol 6 -- Baraccuda
  • Vol 7 -- Man of Stone (just finished last month so it's not in TPB yet---but this ties in and concludes some of the stuff from all the previous arcs).

Then there's the one mini called "Born" which is the DEFINITIVE origins of Frank. It all takes place in Vietnam. It's amazing.

Then there's the 3 one-shots. "The Cell", "The End" and the best one of all "Tyger". All of 3 are collected in this HC called "From First to Last"

But seriously.......you NEED to be reading this. And you can get them all VERY cheaply from the UC Store (a lot of people buy thru this because it's cheap and helps pay for the UC to say operational).

Oh sure. Put me in there. I thought we had something special!

What about that secret non-gay Christmas present you promised? :sure:
Not my fault it got delayed until after christmas.

And maybe not you wont get it. I mean, Im not important enough to include outside "anyone"....

Last edited:

Oh sure. Put me in there. I thought we had something special!

We did. Until you reneged! Money was exchanged. Promises were made. Throats were slit. Monkeys were inappropriately touched.

Not my fault it got delayed until after christmas.

Dammit! We need results man! You think we hired you to just sit on your bum and IM Sacred all day on your silly Nico obsessions? RESULTS! :lol:

Loser.

I collect 10 comics every week and then complain about them.

That's what REAL fans do.

Latest posts

Back