Top 10 favorite comics currently.

10. Ultimate Spider-Man (it's got me speculating... I am thoroughly intrigued by the Clone Saga)
9. Ultimates 2 (Delays keep this from #1)
8. Uncanny X-Men (Brubaker rocks my socks. Captain America gets an honorable mention, and I can't wait for the Civil War tie-in issues of that... but UXM takes the cake for now)
7. Detective Comics (I Love the TV Show to death, and am digging the one-shots. This will likely be overshadowed by Morrison on Batman in the next few months)
6. Civil War
5. Nextwave
4. Fables
3. Planetary
2. 52
1. Fell

In no real order:

Amazing Spider-Man
Justice League of America
Ultimate Spider-man
New Avengers
Civil War (tie-ins included)
All Star Superman
Green Lantern
Fell
DMZ
Justice

Last edited:
10-Teen Titans
9-Justice League Of America
8-Civil War
7-Astonishing X-men
6-Ultimates 2
5-52
4-Batman
3-Daredevil
2-Punisher MAX
1-Fables

Honorable Metions - Detective Comics, X-men, Uncanny X-men, Fell, Ultimate Fantastic Four, Nextwave, Supergirl, Outsiders, & Jonah Hex.

Long-Delayed Comics - Planetary, Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk, Desolation Jones, & Seven Soldiers Of Victory.

Re: Top 10 favorite comics currently

Old List

10 - Catwoman
9 - Ultimate Fantastic Four
8 - New Excalibur
7 - Batman
6 - X-Factor (But Layla Miller is starting to get on my nerves)
5 - Ultimates 2
4 - Ultimate X-men (I loved the revelation)
3 - Son of M
2 - Nightwing
1 - Infinite Crisis

New List

10 - Astonishing X-men
9 - Supergirl
8 - Checkmate
7 - Batman
6 - Ultimate X-men
5 - Annihilation
4 - Green Lantern
3 - Fables
2 - Justice League of America
1 - 52

Ouch, lots of Marvel got out of my top 10.

10. Desolation Jones/Fell - They get to share a spot since its been so damned long...
9. Jonah Hex - Best done in Ones in the buisness. And dem gators took a whallopin from Jonah.
8. Daredevil - Brubakers yet to dissapoint on this, and Lark is doing some amazong work too. Still, its no Gotham Central.
7. Robin - Still a hell of alot of fun. I find myself looking forward to Robin more than either Batman title.
6. All Star Superman - Immune to lateness *****ing its All Star Superman! Seriously, as long as we get issues every so often everyones happy.
5. The Walking Dead - mmmm.... Brains and drama...
4. DMZ - I've been reading this book in chunks anymore, full arcs when i can but I think I'm doing it a disservice. I just hope that Ghosts wasn't its peak...
3. Criminal - What, you thought it would be higher? Its just the first issue!
2. 52 - DC has managed to capture the feel of a television series with this. Characters we love, hate, and want to see taken down on a weekly basis. Hope it makes it all the way without a hitch!
1. Cassanova - I have recently learned that Cassanova V1 ends with issue 7 and will relaunch with V2 in 2007. I rage at the delay. I RAGE!

Re: Top 10 favorite comics currently

Old Standings

10 - Ultimate Spiderman - Like I said before----you know......we talk **** about Bendis all the time for phoning in his last several arcs...........but I hate to admit that I'm still entertained with every issue.

9 - Checkmate - OOooooooo.....so good that I wanna marry it. All the action of a superhero book.....and all the drama of a political espionage book. Plus Waller is like a short, round female Ultimate Nick Fury. Too cool for words.

8 - Civil War and Subsequent Tie-Ins - I'm listing the miniseries and it's tie-ins as one because that's how I view the entire run and all the titles with it. One huge comic book with a buncha different stories intertwined. Millar's core title is absolutely great. The right amount of action and actual character-driven dialogue pushes this to the upper echeleon of the fav list. It's only downside---a couple of the stories just retread what another title has just said. A perfect example is the 2 latest issues of Amazing Spiderman and Fantastic Four. It's the exact same story. And when you're having to shell out $3 a book......rereading the same thing can be expensive.

7 - DMZ - No real explanation on why I love this story about a young journalist/photographer stuck in the middle of a warzone. I just do. Consistantly one of the best reads each month.

6 - Ex Machina - I like Green Arrow. The sharp-stylized art and idea of a superhero as mayor interests me. But Green Arrow cannot hold a match to the perfect blend of heroism and politics that BKV mixes together in this masterpiece. Everything works in this title. The genius writng.....the amazing art......perfect pacing. It all goes together better than hot wings and ranch sauce.

5 - Ultimates - Stupid delays....

4 - Capt America - When Captain America throws his mighty shield............All those who chose oppose his shield must yield. If he's lead to a fight and a duel is due.............then the red and white and the blue'll come through. When Captain America throws his mighty shiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeld. :rockon:

**You younger kids will have no clue as to what the hell that was about. But us old enough to know....revel in it's classic awesomeness. :wink:

3 - Y - The Last Man - I love BKV. Seriously. There isn't anything he could write that I wouldn't read. I just started reading the series and I am kicking myself in the balls everyday for not getting in on this awesome series earlier.

2 - Daredevil - There is a reason why Brubaker is a god. And this is just one of them. I've only read a couple issues of Daredevil before Bru's run and I was only midly impressed. But since he has come on board this comic is always on my "MUST GRAB" list.

1 - Punisher MAX - For anyone to not love this book is a crime against humanity. Ennis has crafted the perfect Punisher. From his origins in "Born" to his demise in "The End"......everything has been perfect.

New Standings
10 - Robin - This is what Ultimate Spiderman should be.

9 - Checkmate - OOooooooo.....so good that I wanna marry it. All the action of a superhero book.....and all the drama of a political espionage book. Plus Waller is like a short, round female Ultimate Nick Fury. Too cool for words.

8 - Civil War and Subsequent Tie-Ins - Proving again why Millar is one of (if not the best) comic writer alive.

7 - Sam Noir - Only 2 issues into this and I love it. All of it. Everything about this comic works.

6 - Ex Machina - Second verse same as the first....

5 - Supergirl - Of all the great stories in the DC universe....I don't know why I'm drawn to this book about a superstrong blonde in a miniskirt. Oh wait.....

4 - Nextwave - if seeing the Mindless Ones snap their fingers and dance down the street West Side Story style didn't convince you on how awesome this book is---I wanna see you at Wizard World 07 so I can punch you in the stomach. NEXTWAVE!!!

3 - Y - The Last Man - I dare you to deny this book's awesomeness. I dare you.

2 - Fables - Fables has the weird ability to make a grown man squeal like a girl.........or maybe that's just me. But with superb story and great art to go with it---this is a MUST for any comic fan. Seriously. If you aren't reading Fables (even in trade) don't call yourself a comic fan.

1 - Punisher MAX - Still the greatest book I look forward to each time. I will read this before any other issue that comes out that week.

OLD
10 Ultimate Fantastic Four
9 New Excalibur
8 Thunderbolts
7 Astonishing X-Men
6 Spider-Man core titles
5 New Avengers
4 Supreme Power
3 Ultimates
2 Ultimate X-Men
1 Ultimate Spider-Man

NEW
10 Young Avengers or Beyond
9 Thunderbolts
8 Amazing Spider-Man
7 Sensational Spider-Man
6 New Avengers
5 Spider-Girl
4 Ultimates
3 Squadron Supreme
2 Ultimate Spider-Man
1 CIVIL WAR

Last edited:
10: sensational spider-man
9: annihilation
8: ultimate x-men
7: civil war
6: civil war: young avengers & runaways
5: ultimates 2
4: ultimate fantastic four
3: x-men
2: uncanny x-men
1: ultimate spider-man (ONLY BECAUSE THE CLONE SAGA KICKS ARSE)

*EDIT* wow i feel like an idiot

Last edited:
I'm new to comics. Only buy hardcovers cause i find them easy to read, they contain complete story arcs, and they look nice on the shelf.

10. Punisher MAX Vol 2 (awesome, i love this character)
9. NYX-23 (x-23 could be a cool movie, if its rated R of course)
8. Wolverine Origins (hate MPE, but the series is a real page turner)
7. Spider-man & Blackcat: The Evil that Men do (loved it)
6. Spider-man Feral (wild, interesting story)
5. Ultimate X-men HC Vol 1-6 (want more jean/cyclops/wolvie triangle)
4. Marvel Knights Spider-man vol 1 (great read)
3. X-men Pheonix Endsong (wasn't the best story, but i'm an art whore)
2. Spider-man: kraven's last hunt (a classic)
1. Wolverine Enemy of the State Complete HC (best book, wow, just wow)

Wolverine Enemy of the State was really that good, it was more than a book, felt like an experience.

NEW!!!

10. 52
9. All-Star Superman
8. Detective Comics
7. Desolation Jones
6. The Ultimates 2
5. Batman
4. Doom Patrol
3. Punisher MAX
2. Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E.
1. Seven Soldiers of Victory

10. Action Comics
9. Astonishing X-Men
8. Ultimate Spider-Man
7. Justice
6. 52
5. New Avengers
4. Ultimate Fantastic Four
3. Civil War
2. Ultimates 2
1. Justice League of America

New List for the new year..

10- Immortal Iron Fist
9- Nextwave
8- Supergirl
7- Detective Comics
6- Action Comics
5- Astonshing X-men
4- Punisher MAX
3- Daredevil
2- Justice League Of America
1- Fables

Honorable Metions
Uncanny X-men
Teen Titans
Y The Last Man
Ex Machina
Secret Six

1: Immortal Iron Fist
2: Annihilation
3: Ultimate Fantastic Four
4: NEXTWAVE
5: Amazing Spider-man
6: Civil War
7: Cable & Deadpool
8: Ultimate X-Men
9: Friendly Neighborhood Spider-man
10: Civil War: Front Line

MY list for the new year:

10. Batman
9. New Avengers
8. Astonishing X-men
7. Nightwing
6. Ultimates 2 (would be #1 if Miller and Hitch weren't being taken off the title)
5. Nextwave
4. Amazing Spider-Man
3. Immortal Iron Fist
2. Civil War
1. DareDevil (so, I'm a DD fanboy, leave me alone)

MY list for the new year:

10. Batman
9. New Avengers
8. Astonishing X-men
7. Nightwing
6. Ultimates 2 (would be #1 if Miller and Hitch weren't being taken off the title)
5. Nextwave
4. Amazing Spider-Man
3. Immortal Iron Fist
2. Civil War
1. DareDevil (so, I'm a DD fanboy, leave me alone)
Oh, cool, Frank Miller is writing it? :D

:lol:

Last edited:
Immortal Iron Fist
Daredevil
Uncanny X-Men
Fables
Nextwave
Y The Last Man
Ex Machina
Astonishing X-Men
Detective Comics