7-Runaways
6-Desolation Jones
5-Ultimates 2
4-Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk
3-Astonishing X-men
2-Punisher MAX
1-Daredevil

Re: Top 10 favorite comics currently

Current books only. Titles I get in TPB only are not included.

1. Planetary
2. Ultimates 2
3. New Avengers
4. All-Star Superman
5. Ultimate Extinction
6. Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine
7. Young Avengers
8. Nextwave
9. Astonishing X-Men
10. Ultimate Fantastic Four

Reupdated:

10. The Walking Dead
9. Fables
8. Lucifer
7. Batman
6. Young Avengers
5. Robin
4. Ultimates 2
3. Planetary
2. Fell
1. 52

Top ten in no particular order:

1. Ultimates 2
2. Ultimate Spider-man
3. Ultimate Fantastic Four
4. New Avengers
5. Daredevil
6. NextWave
7. Young Avengers
8. Runaways
9. Squadron Supreme
10. All-star Superman

Trades not included.

Old Standings
10 - Supergirl - When you read this along with watching the JLU cartoon...you just feel there's this underlying fact that one day she could be greater than her famous cousin. So it's fun watching the journey to greatness

9 - Superman/Batman - I love the 2-sided thought boxes. Both are either thinking the same thing or the exact opposite and either way...they work together in sync. It also gives you insight to the characters. Batman regards Superman as the greatest hero of all. Even though he's an alien...he's more human than anyone else. That thought is reiterated in the Supergirl arc where Kara says than he could better than any of them (humans). He replies back to her saying "There is no them....just us." That just drove it home for me....

8 - Punisher MAX - To me....probably the greatest version of Frank Castle. The stories are gritty yet over the top. It just goes to show what kinda one-man army Frank really is.

7 - Daredevil - Never read this title before Brubaker. But after several recommendations....I checked it out and I am now blown away at it. If you need proof on how awesome this comic is....go buy #84. Read the first 3 pages. Then stand there and tell me how this is not great. I can make you a promise more solid than the fact that Jack Bauer has bad days. That promise is that I'll punch you in the gut and call you a liar.

6 - Capt America - Every American's hero. He will never back down froma challenge. He might be able to fly or lift buildings. But if you've got a body...he's gonna pound it....and win.

5 - Ultimates - no explanation need.

4 - Infinite Crisis - Even if you get rid of all the tie-ins and special events and everything else....it's still a great story. The magnitutde of this event spreads thru all of the DC comics. Just one of the best.....

3 - All-Star Superman - O Sweet Big Baby Jesus!!! This is just a great story. It's Pre-Crisis Superman....without the continuity. It's Ultimate Superman.

2 - Daughters of the Dragon - why make a statement when I've already made a thread...

1 - Ares - Ditto

New Standings
10 - Ultimate Spiderman - You know......we talk **** about Bendis all the time for phoning in his last several arcs...........but I hate to admit that I'm still entertained with every issue.

9 - Superman/Batman - Yep...still the same. I love the 2-sided thought boxes. Both are either thinking the same thing or the exact opposite and either way...they work together in sync. It also gives you insight to the characters. Batman regards Superman as the greatest hero of all. Even though he's an alien...he's more human than anyone else. That thought is reiterated in the Supergirl arc where Kara says than he could better than any of them (humans). He replies back to her saying "There is no them....just us." That just drove it home for me....

8 - Supergirl - The current arc has taken a drastic turn from the past issues........but it's still entertaining.

7 - Superman/Action Comics - The first arc focuses with Superman as Clark Kent. Superman's powers are gone and he's been living as Clark for the past year. But with new threats popping up...his powers have been coming bak ever so slowly. But with this last issue....they're back. And so is the Alpha and Omega of Superheroes!!!

6 - Daredevil - I said it last time and I'll say it again....if you need proof on how awesome this comic is....go buy #84. Read the first 3 pages. Then stand there and tell me how this is not great. I can make you a promise more solid than the fact that Jack Bauer has bad days. That promise is that I'll punch you in the gut and call you a liar.

5 - Ultimates - Still the greatest comic out there right now....but delays are knocking it's ranking down.

4 - Punisher MAX - Basically....its the closest you can get to Ultimate Punsiher. The Slavers arc was the best the run had.......but this arc with Frank against Barracuda is still strong. So far Frank thrown everything he has at 'Cuda and 'Cuda still bested Frank and tossed him in the ocean with a great white shark heading towards him.

3 - Capt America - It's Capt America people!!!! Marvel's greatest hero. And now with Civil War kicking off...you're either with him or against him. Tony might be rich....but I'll be damned if I go against Capt.

2 - Daughters of the Dragon - Still the same reasons...

1 - Ares - Ditto.......again

OLD
10-Cable/Deadpool
9-Teen Titans
8-Young Avengers
7-Runaways
6-Desolation Jones
5-Ultimates 2
4-Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk
3-Astonishing X-men
2-Punisher MAX
1-Daredevil

NEW

10-Teen Titans (This is the best teen book out. All the characters are great and interesting.)
09-Cable/Deadpool (I love the odd humor is this. Both characters are great for each other and make an interesting couple)
08-Seven Soldiers (This ****ed up crazy superhero, horror, space, magic, and anything else **** rocks)
07-Desolation Jones (This book hasn't been out in awhile. But it's crazy and very unique.)
06-52 (Black Adam and The Question weekly. What else is there?)
05-Ultimates 2 (Do I need to say?)
04-Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk (I wish issue 3 would come but that hasn't stopped my love)
03-Astonishing X-men (How come most of my list consist of titles that take forever to come out? This is everything the X-men should be)
02-Punisher MAX (Hardcore. That's all I can say)
01-Daredevil (This title is cool on so many levels. Real-Life Drama, Superhero action, Gritty stories.)

Honorable Metions - Runaways, Robin. Young Avengers, New X-men

Last edited:

Y The Last Man, Ex Machina, Invincible, The Ultimates, Planetary, 52, Fables, Daredevil, Astonishing X-Men, Runaways.

Last edited:

Close to being in order, but probably not exact...

1. Planetary
2. Daredevil
3. Punisher
4. Ultimates 2
5. Seven Soldiers (as a whole)
6. New Avengers
7. Nextwave
8. Astonishing X-Men
9. All-Star Superman
10. Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine

RESURECTION!

1.The Walking Dead - While my enjoyment of Zombies is well known its Kirkmans excellent handeling of the human aspect that keeps this book on top of my list.
2. Daredevil - Brubakers doing everything I want on this title. Its perfect.
3. The Goon - ZEBA ZU! ZEEBA ZABA ZU!
4. Cassanova - This book is insane. Absolutly, bat**** insane. I love it.
5. Desolation Jones (restarting soon) - Can't wait for the second arc. Hopefuly things will stay on track this time. And hopefuly it'll be monthly.
6. 52 - I love the wider DCU, so a title that focuses on it exclusivly it right up my alley.
7. Checkmate - Take most of the characters I loved from JSA and put them in a heavy political drama with Amanda Waller? I'm there.
8. Robin - Pure fun. This book has apparently ****ed up Batgirl but I don't care. Its just good.
9. Beyond - Even more fun than Robin, but I'm a DC fan before marvel. Looking forward to where this book will go.
10. DMZ - More serious books still have a place. DMZ has kept me on my toes by making me care about Matty, even if I don't agree with him.

1-Ultimate Spider-man
2-Amazing Spider-man
3-Civil War
4-Sensational Spider-man
5-Annihilation Nova
6-Wolverine
7-Ultimate X-Men
8-Wolverine Origins
9-Ghost Rider
10-X-Men ( the Blood of Apocolypse was good, but after that it hasn't been too interesting)

1. Uncanny X-men
2. Y the last man
3. Detective Comics
4. X-Factor
5. Conan
6. The Escapists
7. Incredible Hulk
8. Usagi Yojimbo
9. Moon Knight
10. JLA

9) Ultimate Spider-man
8) Ultimate Fantastic Four
7) ultimate X-men
6) Ex Machina
5) Ultimates 2
4) The Walking Dead
3) Star Wars Legacy
2) Civil War (and all the tie-ins)
1) Runaways

Those are the only books I am currently reading.

old:
12. Cable/Deadpool
11. Sensational Spiderman
10. Young Avengers
9. X-men : The 198
8.Ulimate X-men
7. Ultimate Spiderman
6. Ultimates
5. Ultimate Fantastic Four
4. Moon knight
3. X-factor
2. New Avengers
1. Civil War

New:
12. New Avengers
11. Amazing Spider-man
10. Ultimates 2
9. Sensational Spider-man
8. Young Avengers
7. Ultimate Spider-man
6. Cable/Deadpool
5. Ultimate Fantastic Four
4. Ultimate X-men
3. Civil war (plus mini-series tie-ins)
2. X-factor
1. Moon Knight

Old Standings
10 - Ultimate Spiderman - You know......we talk **** about Bendis all the time for phoning in his last several arcs...........but I hate to admit that I'm still entertained with every issue.

9 - Superman/Batman - Yep...still the same. I love the 2-sided thought boxes. Both are either thinking the same thing or the exact opposite and either way...they work together in sync. It also gives you insight to the characters. Batman regards Superman as the greatest hero of all. Even though he's an alien...he's more human than anyone else. That thought is reiterated in the Supergirl arc where Kara says than he could better than any of them (humans). He replies back to her saying "There is no them....just us." That just drove it home for me....

8 - Supergirl - The current arc has taken a drastic turn from the past issues........but it's still entertaining.

7 - Superman/Action Comics - The first arc focuses with Superman as Clark Kent. Superman's powers are gone and he's been living as Clark for the past year. But with new threats popping up...his powers have been coming bak ever so slowly. But with this last issue....they're back. And so is the Alpha and Omega of Superheroes!!!

6 - Daredevil - I said it last time and I'll say it again....if you need proof on how awesome this comic is....go buy #84. Read the first 3 pages. Then stand there and tell me how this is not great. I can make you a promise more solid than the fact that Jack Bauer has bad days. That promise is that I'll punch you in the gut and call you a liar.

5 - Ultimates - Still the greatest comic out there right now....but delays are knocking it's ranking down.

4 - Punisher MAX - Basically....its the closest you can get to Ultimate Punsiher. The Slavers arc was the best the run had.......but this arc with Frank against Barracuda is still strong. So far Frank thrown everything he has at 'Cuda and 'Cuda still bested Frank and tossed him in the ocean with a great white shark heading towards him.

3 - Capt America - It's Capt America people!!!! Marvel's greatest hero. And now with Civil War kicking off...you're either with him or against him. Tony might be rich....but I'll be damned if I go against Capt.

2 - Daughters of the Dragon - Still the same reasons...

1 - Ares - Ditto.......again

New Standings
10 - Ultimate Spiderman - Like I said before----you know......we talk **** about Bendis all the time for phoning in his last several arcs...........but I hate to admit that I'm still entertained with every issue.

9 - Checkmate - OOooooooo.....so good that I wanna marry it. All the action of a superhero book.....and all the drama of a political espionage book. Plus Waller is like a short, round female Ultimate Nick Fury. Too cool for words.

8 - Civil War and Subsequent Tie-Ins - I'm listing the miniseries and it's tie-ins as one because that's how I view the entire run and all the titles with it. One huge comic book with a buncha different stories intertwined. Millar's core title is absolutely great. The right amount of action and actual character-driven dialogue pushes this to the upper echeleon of the fav list. It's only downside---a couple of the stories just retread what another title has just said. A perfect example is the 2 latest issues of Amazing Spiderman and Fantastic Four. It's the exact same story. And when you're having to shell out $3 a book......rereading the same thing can be expensive.

7 - DMZ - No real explanation on why I love this story about a young journalist/photographer stuck in the middle of a warzone. I just do. Consistantly one of the best reads each month.

6 - Ex Machina - I like Green Arrow. The sharp-stylized art and idea of a superhero as mayor interests me. But Green Arrow cannot hold a match to the perfect blend of heroism and politics that BKV mixes together in this masterpiece. Everything works in this title. The genius writng.....the amazing art......perfect pacing. It all goes together better than hot wings and ranch sauce.

5 - Ultimates - Stupid delays....

4 - Capt America - When Captain America throws his mighty shield............All those who chose oppose his shield must yield. If he's lead to a fight and a duel is due.............then the red and white and the blue'll come through. When Captain America throws his mighty shiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeld. :rockon:

**You younger kids will have no clue as to what the hell that was about. But us old enough to know....revel in it's classic awesomeness. :wink:

3 - Y - The Last Man - I love BKV. Seriously. There isn't anything he could write that I wouldn't read. I just started reading the series and I am kicking myself in the balls everyday for not getting in on this awesome series earlier.

2 - Daredevil - There is a reason why Brubaker is a god. And this is just one of them. I've only read a couple issues of Daredevil before Bru's run and I was only midly impressed. But since he has come on board this comic is always on my "MUST GRAB" list.

1 - Punisher MAX - For anyone to not love this book is a crime against humanity. Ennis has crafted the perfect Punisher. From his origins in "Born" to his demise in "The End"......everything has been perfect.

Last edited:

1. Ultimates 2 - I know the delays are stupid, but every time an issue is released its pant wettingly good!!
2. Astonishing X-Men - What can I say? Joss Whedon is my God.
3. Cable and Deadpool - Consistantly great, and come on, Deadpool!!
4. Civil War and its spawn - Best Marvel event in a while
5. Ultimate X-Men - I wanna see where the Magician is going!!
6. Ultimate Fantastic Four - Millar's run is awesome.
7. Ultimate Spiderman - It has its ups and downs, but I am hoping the Clone Saga should be good.
8. Amazing Spiderman - Its Spidey. He's amazing!
9. Uncanny X-Men - Looking forward to seeing how this series goes. A whole series without Wolverine!
10. Friendly Neighbourhood Spiderman - This would be nowhere near the list if it wasn't for the most recent issue. Mysterio!!!

10-Jonah Hex
9-Uncanny X-men
8-X-men
7-Teen Titans
6-Detective Comics
5-Civil War and Tie-Ins (Runaways/YA, Wolverine, Front Line)
4-52
3-Fables
2-Punisher MAX
1-Daredevil

Things that take forever and I won't include until a new issue comes out...
Seven Soldiers
Desolation Jones
Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk
Ultimates 2

Last edited:

OOOOOLLLLD LIST:

10. Ultimate Wolverine VS Hulk
9. Justice
8. Ultimate Extinction
7. Jonah Hex
6. Desolation Jones
5. Nextwave
4. Ultimates 2
3. Planetary
2. Infinite Crisis
1. All-Star Superman

NEW LIST:

10. Desolation Jones-I haven't seen it in ages, but like Baxter, I'm looking forward to it's return.
9. Justice League of America-Solely based off of the #0 preview. Hopefully it'll be like Identity Crisis, minus the convoluted mystery and the plot holes.
8. 52-It has it's high and it has it's lows, but overall I'm enjoying this. The various mysteries being set up have elevated the series from a simple chronicle of the Missing Year, to a full-blown event.
7. Detective Comics-Solid B:TAS style stories and great art. It's really nice to have a new, 1-issue little Bat-Mystery every month.
6. Batman-The first issue was very enticing, and I'm liking the direction that Batman is going in. I'd say that at the moment this and Detective Comics are really about level, but I'll put his ahead on acount of my severe man-crush for Grant Morrison.
5. The Authority-Catching up on this. It's really one of the most excellent team books ever written. I'm in the middle of "Revolution" right now. When Morrison launches the new series, I bet it'll shoot to the top of my list.
4. NEXTWAVE: Agents of H.A.T.E.-It's like Shakespeare but with lots more punching! It's like Goethe but with lots more crushing! Like Titanic but the boat's still floating! No it's not! The mother****ing boat is exploding!...You know the rest...You better know the rest...
3. All-Star Superman-There's still no better place for Phantazztik TekniColor Superhero Shenannigans.
2. Ultimates 2-What can I say? The delays have not hurt my enjoyment of it. Every issue is still captivating and incredible. For me, the delays probably add to that.
1. Punisher MAX-For the moment. When A-S Supes #5 and U2 #12 come out, they'll move to the top of the list, but Punisher MAX is some of the grittiest, tightest writing I've ever seen, and it packs more bang for your buck than any other book out there.

Long Live Frank Castle.

I don't add anything to the list until I've read at least two good issues of the series.

Detective Comics has kicked Cable/Deadpool out and put at number 6.

Latest posts

Back