Top 10 favorite comics currently.

I thought the FF tied in pretty well with the cosmic stuff, I don't remember any glaring contradictions.

Anyway my top 10 in no particular order:

1) Thunderbolts
2) Hulk (Yes the one with Red Hulk, it's pretty great)
3) Journey Into Mystery (Young Loki makes for an awesome protagonist)
4) PunisherMAX
5) Avengers Academy
6) FF
7) Walking Dead
8) The Goon (new issue this month!)
9) The Unwritten
10) Uncanny X-Men

Scalped (in trade)
Unknown Soldier (in trade)
Northlanders (in trade)
Sweet Tooth
Criminal
Incognito

American Vampire
Casanova (absolute favourite)

I'm hopeful someday that Umbrella Academy continues. Also hopeful for 'Fatale'.

There - I've mentioned 10 :)

Animal Man
B.P.R.D.
The Boys
Casanova
Daredevil
Saga
Scalped
Swamp Thing
The Walking Dead
Wolverine and the X-Men

I am sad that two of these are ending soon.

Last edited:
Saga
Daredevil
Batman
Animal Man
Fantastic Four
Frankenstein
Moon Knight
The Goon
Punisher
Winter Soldier

Honorable mention: Hulk, Fables, Walking Dead, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Batwoman

I'm gonna get beat up for this(not in any order):

Ultimate Comics Ultimate Spider-Man
Ultimate Comics X-Men
Batman
Detective Comics
Avengers Assemble
Daredevil
Secret Avengers
Batman: Arkham Unhinged
Ultimates
And I have been entertained by AvX. It isn't mindblowing, but considering what's out, I'm gonna keep reading.

I'm gonna get beat up for this(not in any order):

Ultimate Comics Ultimate Spider-Man
Ultimate Comics X-Men
Batman
Detective Comics
Avengers Assemble
Daredevil
Secret Avengers
Batman: Arkham Unhinged
Ultimates
And I have been entertained by AvX. It isn't mindblowing, but considering what's out, I'm gonna keep reading.

We need to give you a reading list makeover.

Haha, I had a feeling someone would say that! There are only about 4 that are musts for me. The others are just filler, kinda so I'm not out of the loop when a writer comes a long and starts writing really exciting stuff again. I'm so over Hope as a character, but will stick by to see how things turn out. But other than that, there are few titles that really have me anticipating every Wednesday. I'm reading some retro arcs, just so I have exciting stuff to read.

I want to start up Scarlet Spider. I've heard great things and Yost is a personal favorite of mine. I hope he gets back to some X titles in the future and takes my Laura back from the horrible people that keep ruining her!

Hmmm, I don't even think I'll be able to get to 10 nowadays. Let me see;

USM
UXM
Ultimates (I guess)
Chew
Locke&Key (still ongoing, I think?)
Umbrella Academy (I need it to flesh out this list!)

Longrunning favorites recently dropped:
Scalped
Invincible
Walking Dead
B.P.R.D.

Hypocritically Im able to stomach a lot of ****ty webcomics (and I mean really bloody awful; I read QC almost daily) But when it comes to actual commercially published comics I find myself increasingly critical. Im turning in a cynical bastard who dislikes everything. And I don't like it.

You dropped those four but you're still reading Ultimate X-Men?!

You dropped those four but you're still reading Ultimate X-Men?!

I.. I... can't even begin to defend it. I feel obligated to read it, I guess. Because it was one of the two titles that introduced me to marvel and cape comics in general.

Hmmm...not even reading 10 books. This is my pull list.

Animal Man
Swamp Thing
Justice League
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Action Comics

The Boys (trade)
The Walking Dead (trade)
Fables (just started reading the trades)

"I enjoy it" is defence enough to buy it. Just so long as its true.

At this point I can not even say that. It is giving me enough hope that I might enjoy it again sometime in the near future I guess. And it's certainly been worse than it is right now.
But I would not recommend it at this point.

Man... rob.... why would you drop Scalped so close to it's conclusion? I can understand Walking Dead and Invincible tho.

Hm... Tough stuff. I've been plowing through the new DC books out of a morbid curiosity in my free time, but I wouldn't call most of them good and most of the indie stuff I read I pick up in trades, so I don't always know what's still being published. Though, I guess DMZ is now done, so that's tragic.

Animal Man
Wonder Woman
The Unwritten
iZombie
Wolverine and the X-Men
Amazing Spider-Man
American Vampire
Spaceman
Batwoman
The Authority (but just on the quality of the last two issues. Cornell's run was tragically disappointing)

Haha, I had a feeling someone would say that! There are only about 4 that are musts for me. The others are just filler, kinda so I'm not out of the loop when a writer comes a long and starts writing really exciting stuff again. I'm so over Hope as a character, but will stick by to see how things turn out. But other than that, there are few titles that really have me anticipating every Wednesday. I'm reading some retro arcs, just so I have exciting stuff to read.

You mentioned in another thread I think that you read on Comixology - is that how you read comics exclusively?

Im turning in a cynical bastard who dislikes everything. And I don't like it.

I know exactly how you feel. It happens to me sometimes and I hate it. I don't want to become one of those people.

It helps a lot to go back and re-read something you love. Sometimes you just need to look at what you're reading, too, and stop reading stuff you don't like and are forcing yourself to read.

I know exactly how you feel. It happens to me sometimes and I hate it. I don't want to become one of those people.

It helps a lot to go back and re-read something you love. Sometimes you just need to look at what you're reading, too, and stop reading stuff you don't like and are forcing yourself to read.

I'm in that place right now. I think I'm done reading singles for good. For me, it helped to get off a regular buying schedule. What I do now is visit the LCS when the mood strikes me and pick up a trade for a series I like and a trade for a series I haven't read but looks interesting. Sometimes it completely reaffirms my love for the medium (King City) and sometimes it's an utter disappointment (Phonogram) but I always know I have at least one reliable trade to fall back on, and the fact that I'm collecting a few series' at a time and I make sure there's at least one more trade from every book I pick up on the horizon means I never run out of reliable stuff to read. As far as new books go, I sample them online. So, I know I can look forward to W&XM, Wonder Woman, and Animal Man when the trades get released.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back