Top Ten Greatest Television Shows of All Time

Sometimes there is an unbalance in coolness within childrens cartoons where one side is usually cooler than the other. In the case of "Visionaries" this isnt true. Sometimes i didnt know who to root for as they all had really cool creatures to er...........vision?

Though we may be locked in mortal combat, we can save our grudge for the arena!

My favorite part of Visionaries is that they lose all technology and they suddenly decide to knock everything down and build castles and wear armor and stuff. There's, like, no middle ground.

Top Ten Anime Series of All Time (in my book)

10. Love Hina - Guilty Pleasure Series... Probably a bit of Nostalgia tied in there too.
9. Outlaw Star - I love Gene Starwind. And Jim Hawkins. But mostly Gene
8. Cardcaptors Sakura - You know what? Shut it. This series is wonderful and you know it.
7. Read or Die - Fun Superhero Spies who work for a library! Woo!
6. Cowboy Bebop - For Serious.
5. Gravitation - Shounen-Ai Rock Music Series
4. Jungle Wa Itsumo Hare Nochi Guu (aka Hare + Guu) - Random fun for the whole family!
3. Ranma 1/2 - I will always, unconditionally, love Ranma
2. Fruits Basket - Really Tied for number one with Eva. Best romance series ever.
1. Neon Genesis Evangelion - Don't care what the crazy people who hate this show think, I am a HUGE fan of this series and always will be. Shinji might be obnoxious, but its the supporting cast and the ideas of this series that make me love it so hard.

I dont think it warrents its own thread, but feel free to post your other lists here.

No Dragonball z?

And I thought you were cool :noway:

1. Angel. Yes, I prefer it to Buffy!
2. Buffy. A true TV classic.
3. Heroes. I started looking forward to TV again after seeing this.
4. Firefly. Joss is god.
5. Stargate SG-1. Legendary show.
6. Stargate Atlantis. Geat spinoff, and really well done.
7. Scrubs. The Ultimate comedy show.
8. Family Guy. Animated comedy at its best.
9. South Park. Another animated classic.
10. 24. Great show, only recently gotten into it. It may rise up this list.

10. Love Hina - Guilty Pleasure Series... Probably a bit of Nostalgia tied in there too.
8. Cardcaptors Sakura - You know what? Shut it. This series is wonderful and you know it.
4. Jungle Wa Itsumo Hare Nochi Guu (aka Hare + Guu) - Random fun for the whole family!
2. Fruits Basket - Really Tied for number one with Eva. Best romance series ever.
1. Neon Genesis Evangelion - Don't care what the crazy people who hate this show think, I am a HUGE fan of this series and always will be. Shinji might be obnoxious, but its the supporting cast and the ideas of this series that make me love it so hard.

I dont think it warrents its own thread, but feel free to post your other lists here.

Evangelion? Ugh
I love Cowboy Bebop thought, awesome anime.

In no particular order....

• Fraiser - The epitome of smart comedy mixed with some classic slapstick. Some people got it....some didn't. Those who didn't are plebenistic cretins.
  • Seinfeld - A show about nothing....but all about characters. No one ever remembers what the episode was about....but we all remember who was in it. From Jackie to Soup Nazi to Steinbrenner....it was all great.
  • Scrubs - Despite my loathing for Zach Braff....the show is great. Life lessons....slapstick.....and fantasies where Sarah Chalke is in some kinda lingerie being a baaaad girl. You fans know what I'm talking about. Sexual fantasy five!
  • Buffy - From the ashes of a ****ty movie arose a great show that infused wit, action, drama, comedy, singing, dancing, slaying and gir-on-girl violence. And then we got a spin-off. And a comic. Whedon...have my babies.
  • Cosby Show - The first show to portray blacks not as ghetto-impoverished niggas. But as respectable members of the society. To be quite honest---for this show to not be on anyone's top 10 is a crime against humanity. VIVA EL PUDDING POP!
  • Jeffersons - Do I even need to go into it?
  • 24 - Jack Bauer is the new MacGuyer....only EXTREME!
  • Sopranos - ......
  • Sex in the City - Yeah...this show. Say what you will....but this show provided the voice of today's woman. HBO doesn't make bad shows. It's a known fact.
  • Arrested Development - Probably the greatest comedy of all time.

[*]Cosby Show - The first show to portray blacks not as ghetto-impoverished niggas. But as respectable members of the society. To be quite honest---for this show to not be on anyone's top 10 is a crime against humanity. VIVA EL PUDDING POP!

I forgot to put this on my list. I watch it twice a day all summer. It's probably the best sitcom after Frasier. I definitely rate it higher than a lot of the stuff on my list.

:shock: She died?!?!?!?! :cry:

Yeah, within the last 6 months or so. Cancer, I think. It was a big deal on the Superman Homepage. She's gotta be the best overall superhero composer ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

hehe...Cardcaptors Sakura...

*ahem* Here's my list

10. Onegai Teacher - I don't tell people I watch this. But I do.
9. Samurai Champloo - No, it's not Cowboy Bebop. But it has Hip-Hop Samurai. And that may be the coolest thing ever.
8. Outlaw Star - This show is awesome. I actually haven't seen the whole thing, but I know it is.
7. Neon Genesis Evangelion - The biggest mind-**** you will ever have. Shinji's annoying, sure, but a brilliant series. All the haters can go and die.
6. Ranma 1/2 - This series is a classic. Watch it or die.
5. FLCL - Robots, Aliens and guitars and stuff. Yeah.
4. GTO - The funniest anime ever. Onizuka is the man.
3. Cowboy Bebop - For including Jeet Kune Do, and for just being so awesome.
2. Full Metal Alchemist - Anyone who has not watched this needs to. Very, very cool.
1. Death Note - This should not have been an Anime. It is far too clever for that. Really. I couldn't believe how detailed the story was...I have yet to see anything that can compare to this.

Probably not the 10 best anime ever made, but because I don't watch much anime, the 10 best I've ever seen. I actually had trouble thinking of 10 that I liked.

i think its a rediculous thing to say... The only thing pre-92 that would come close would be MASH, and i havent seen enough of it to count it.

And Cheers.

Cosby Show - The first show to portray blacks not as ghetto-impoverished niggas. But as respectable members of the society. To be quite honest---for this show to not be on anyone's top 10 is a crime against humanity. VIVA EL PUDDING POP!

Good one.

Victor Von Doom said:
Cosby Show - The first show to portray blacks not as ghetto-impoverished niggas. But as respectable members of the society. To be quite honest---for this show to not be on anyone's top 10 is a crime against humanity. VIVA EL PUDDING POP!
I concur.

The sad thing is that it is probably impossible NOW to make a family sitcom around African Americans without making them ghetto-impoverished niggas. On a similar note, I think I'm still continuously amazed at how good Golden Girls was for its time because if you tried to do a sitcom about elderly women living together NOW you'd get nothing but incontinence jokes.

1. Death Note - This should not have been an Anime. It is far too clever for that. Really. I couldn't believe how detailed the story was...I have yet to see anything that can compare to this.

I am always interested when they convert Manga to live action eg Battlefield Baseball, Cromartie High School so i have got my hands on the live action version of Death Note but havent got round to watching it. any good though?

I am always interested when they convert Manga to live action eg Battlefield Baseball, Cromartie High School so i have got my hands on the live action version of Death Note but havent got round to watching it. any good though?

I've only seen the first live action Death Note movie, and it was pretty good, though not as good as the manga. Dunno about the second one.

It's not for a lack of trying.

Its from having seen many episodes and liking it less than Pokemon.

I have no time for a mindless action series like DBZ.

yeah I know it's not for everyone. IMO it's the best anime ever but I know others will agree.I do like others just not a lot of the stuff on tv today. My friend tried to get me to watch newer stuff like Beyblade , yugioh , Naruto and others but I find them to be extremely retarded (yugioh and Naruto more so than others)

But yeah I understand people like dbz and thats cool Dr I was mostly kidding when I replied to your list

I've only seen the first live action Death Note movie, and it was pretty good, though not as good as the manga. Dunno about the second one.

Where? Did you just download it with subtitles or is there a legitimate English version out there?

And I agree that Death Note shouldn't be an anime. It's so... psychological. I don't really know how to put it.

Where? Did you just download it with subtitles or is there a legitimate English version out there?

And I agree that Death Note shouldn't be an anime. It's so... psychological. I don't really know how to put it.

I don't know about an English version...I doubt it though. I saw the first one in Japanese with subtitles though. Downloaded from my good friend, Demonoid.

Latest posts

Back