Top Ten Greatest Television Shows of All Time

I'll probably end up changing this because I have the memory of a rock.

10. Rome
9. Law and Order: SVU
8. Family Guy
7. Anything Diniverse
6.Cosby Show
5. Lost
4. MP's Flying Circus
3. Frasier
2. Scrubs
1. Cheers

6. Cowboy Bebop - For Serious.
3. Ranma 1/2 - I will always, unconditionally, love Ranma

Cowboy Bepop is Firefly. We all know it.

As for Ranma 1/2.... BREAKING POINT! "What are you doing?" "Digging your grave, son. It's the only thing I can do for you now." "HEY! That's bad luck!"

I love Ranma 1/2. It's so good. I love Ryoga's atrocious sense of direction.

Ranam 1/2 reminds of a manga cartoon called "Ultimate Teacher" which was this farcical show about a student and her Velvet ***** Panties and the new teacher who's a sadistic megalomaniac who involves teaching girls lessons by walking up to them in his underwear, yelling "LESSON NUMBER 1! SQUEAK SQUEAK!" whilst gyrating his groin. It turns out he's genetically engineered from a spider.

I am not making this up.

Visionaries did indeed rock! i remember wanting some visionaries action figures so bad but never got them. ive been tempted to pick up the visionairies dvd its going pretty cheap sometimes

Man, I got me a Darkstorm toy, but the hologram was completely ****ed. So I took it back and got a Witterquick replacement and never found Darkstorm again. :cry: :cry:

You should get the show It's brilliant. One of the best episodes is where Darkstorm and the rest of Darkling Lords take over Merklyn's orb, become omnipotent, and defeat the Spectral Knights in the first 5 minutes of the show.

3. Heroes. I started looking forward to TV again after seeing this.

Me too.

In no particular order....

• Fraiser - The epitome of smart comedy mixed with some classic slapstick. Some people got it....some didn't. Those who didn't are plebenistic cretins.

Frasier has so many choice episodes. I love the episode where Niles and Frasier think Maris is having an affair with a Bavarian fencing instructor. They confront him, but he only speaks German. Niles' maid however, speaks German. But she doesn't speak English. She speaks Spanish. Frasier speaks Spanish. So Niles says something, Frasier repeats it in Spanish, the maid, Marta, repeats it in German, and round it goes. Niles then challenges the instructor to a duel, exclaiming, "En garde!" and Frasier yells, "Oh that's all we need, Niles, a forth language!"

And then there's that immortal line when Daphne says, "As if men don't use sex to get what they want." Frasier says, "How can we possibly use sex to get what we want? Sex is what we want!"

NOBODY here liked Star Trek:TNG?!!

I love Star Trek: TNG. I prefer the other stuff though. The original Trek is the best. Some of TNG is superb. "Best of Both Worlds" is unbelievably awesome.

"Best of Both Worlds" is unbelievably awesome.

You speak truthisms. That was the best ep of TNG and one of the finest Trek episodes in general. The wreckage from the battle of Wolf 359 was immense... 39 starships and 11,000 dead/assimilated... it made the Borg a real danger. Then Voyager turned them into robogirlymen.

10 - Avatar The Last Airbender
While the first season was good, it become brilliant with the second season. Great use of the different elements and how they relate to each other. Brillant action scenes.

9 - Justice League Unlimited
The greatest superhero cartoon ever. From gritty on the street stories to time travel then to magic and myth and back to space again. This show as it all and all characters have a moment to shine.

8 - Firefly
If this show continued it would of been huge. But it ranks high in the list cause it had a set ending with the movie. Making it a full story.

7 - Xena - Warrior Princess
A show that made me love Greek mythos. I never felt any really favor for Xena but the cast was great and worked well with Hercules.

6 - Hercules - The Legendary Journeys
The real show. Hercules was a hero and had very tragic events surround him. Great villains and allies.

5 - Lost
Lost is one of the most mindblogging shows in history. For every question answered you get 5 more in the process.

4 - Prison Break
The first season set the bar high with the show. Fantastic acting and characters. Some you love and some you really hate. It keeps you on edge every episode.

3 - Fullmetal Alchemist
Beautifully written. The most tragic show I have ever seen. Everybody needs to see this show.

2 - Angel
Angel might surpass it's sister show of Buffy. While I view them one and the same. I have not yet watched all of Angel. But I love the the hero seeking redemption. It's a big part of the show with the redemption of Faith and the return of Darla.

1 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer
My favorite show of all time. Brillant characters and dialogue. The way they play off of each other really makes this stand out. Their are moments where you can feel what the characters feel.

Changed my standing a little and some honorable mentions...

John Doe
Trigun
X-Men Evolution
Invader Zim
Simpsons
Family Guy
Futurama
Drawn Together
Venture Brothers
Boondocks.

In no particular order:

-Seinfeld: Almost every episode is a gem.
-Scrubs: One of my new favorite comedies.
-Arrested Development: What else needs to be said?
-Nip/Tuck: Completely unrealistic, and Christian bangs a new girl(s) each week. Like a drum.
-JLU: My favorite cartoon of all time.
-South Park: I urinate one anyone doesn't admit to this show's hilarity.
-The Simpsons (in their prime): especially the Halloween episodes, just ask anyone what "No TV and No Beer" make Homer do.
-Family Guy: Funny as hell, usually.
-The Office: The only show in recent memory that has brought a tear to my eye, from laughing and genuine emotion.
-Reno 911!: So episodes are okay, but most are gold.

Man, I got me a Darkstorm toy, but the hologram was completely ****ed. So I took it back and got a Witterquick replacement and never found Darkstorm again. :cry: :cry:

You should get the show It's brilliant. One of the best episodes is where Darkstorm and the rest of Darkling Lords take over Merklyn's orb, become omnipotent, and defeat the Spectral Knights in the first 5 minutes of the show.

About the worst thing you could do was lose the front, removable armour for visionaries figures because then you had teh dumbest looking action figure ever

and yeah you`ve convinced me im gonna pick this up next time im in HMV

i wanna add FullMetal Alchemist to my list this show is killer!

You speak truthisms. That was the best ep of TNG and one of the finest Trek episodes in general. The wreckage from the battle of Wolf 359 was immense... 39 starships and 11,000 dead/assimilated... it made the Borg a real danger. Then Voyager turned them into robogirlymen.

Oh that's not all. Remember, Wolf359, the biggest battle of death ever, and the Federation send their fleets in with wives and children aboard. In TNG, the fleet seems to be a purposeful military strike team. In DS9, the retcon it so that Sisko's wife and child are on the ship. That doesn't make sense. Also, if you recall, Data says, "everyone's dead" at Wolf 359, and yet, Sisko made it out. SHENANINGANS!!!!

About the worst thing you could do was lose the front, removable armour for visionaries figures because then you had teh dumbest looking action figure ever

and yeah you`ve convinced me im gonna pick this up next time im in HMV

i wanna add FullMetal Alchemist to my list this show is killer!

I demand a thread on Visionaries updated as you watch each episode.

im definitely gonna order the dvd and i think everyone, EVERYONE should order a copy too. maybe a big surge in visionaries nostalgia trips will trigger a movie.......or maybe not maybe just a ****ty post millenium revamp

Ranam 1/2 reminds of a manga cartoon called "Ultimate Teacher" which was this farcical show about a student and her Velvet ***** Panties and the new teacher who's a sadistic megalomaniac who involves teaching girls lessons by walking up to them in his underwear, yelling "LESSON NUMBER 1! SQUEAK SQUEAK!" whilst gyrating his groin. It turns out he's genetically engineered from a spider.

I am not making this up.
I have seen this anime. It's sheer genius.

And if I remember correctly, the student was wearing Lucky Kitty Gym Shorts. Which was presented in a rather insane fashion, topped only by the fact that he wears Lucky Kitty Gym Shorts too. Oh, and he was genetically spliced with a cockroach.

TwilightEL said:
And I agree that Death Note shouldn't be an anime. It's so... psychological. I don't really know how to put it.
The manga was clearly a better read than the anime was to watch, but I find the proposition that just because something is more 'psychological' means that it shouldn't be an anime rather ludicrous.

What the Death Note anime really needed was to be a better anime, in the same way that a bad comic book movie doesn't mean it shouldn't be a movie, it just means it needs to be better done.

I love Ryoga's atrocious sense of direction.

I am not making this up.

oh crap, i remember this film!!
there is one bit where i think someone asks the teacher why he hugs the walls in the school and then he just shouts "CAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHATS BEHIND WAAALLLLLSSSS!!!!" or something and loads of skeletons and all kinds of stuff fall out the walls. that bit had me in stitches

I may be forgetting shows and I can't see into the future, so here's my beta list.

01. Avatar: The Last Airbender
02. South Park
03. Futurama
04. Simpsons
05. The Outer Limits
06. Quantum Leap
07. Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction
08. Scrubs
09. My Name is Earl
10. Mad TV

there is one bit where i think someone asks the teacher why he hugs the walls in the school and then he just shouts "CAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHATS BEHIND WAAALLLLLSSSS!!!!" or something and loads of skeletons and all kinds of stuff fall out the walls. that bit had me in stitches
Ganpachi has made me seriously consider teaching as a profession. I will remember to incorporate his ways into my teaching style, if ever I return to teach at my college.

TV Links has the episodes of Visionaries... Maybe I'll watch them.

I used them as inspiration for my UC fanfic arc. So you'll see how much I 'stole'. :p

im definitely gonna order the dvd and i think everyone, EVERYONE should order a copy too. maybe a big surge in visionaries nostalgia trips will trigger a movie.......or maybe not maybe just a ****ty post millenium revamp

KANEDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

(That's my new "Nooooo!" for a while.)

I have seen this anime. It's sheer genius.

And if I remember correctly, the student was wearing Lucky Kitty Gym Shorts. Which was presented in a rather insane fashion, topped only by the fact that he wears Lucky Kitty Gym Shorts too. Oh, and he was genetically spliced with a cockroach.

Oh yeah! He was a cockroach!

It is indeed, that film. Remember the guy in the convenient store shooting coins at his enemies from his fingers? Or the microwave guy?

Ganpachi has made me seriously consider teaching as a profession. I will remember to incorporate his ways into my teaching style, if ever I return to teach at my college.

Did you forget all the death pranks they pulled on Ganpachi?

ugh i dont remember so much of the film anymore its been so long. wasnt there soemthing to do with a swimming pool near the end or a diving board or something? im gonna have to hunt this one down.

Yeah, I have no idea why it was cancelled! The series finale was a mind-bender.

never liked it (do not my type of show but still well done) but I will say Why was it cancelled? Because networks cancel good shows like buffy , futurama , Angel and replace them with reality tv shows because they are cheaper and easier to make.

but to people who watch reality tv shows I say this : YOU WANT REALITY? ****ING GO OUTSIDE:furious:

seriously I can never understand people watching things like big brother (might as well just look at your own house) American idol (go the pub and watch a karaoke night). Now documentaries are ok and biographies and both can be cool , I just hate reality tv and how it's taken over

Latest posts

Back