Transformers (cartoons)

Oh ok so it not the name its that they didnt explain why they changed it?

Pretty much.

Come to think of it, there used to be a team of Decepticon combiners which referred to themselves as "Predacons" (and combined to form "Predaking"). The Predacons in the show could had established some kind of connection to them... but the creators admitted that they didn't actually know much about the original Transformers when they first started working on the show... but still, c'mon.

Last edited:
Come to think of it, there used to be a team of Decepticon combiners which referred to themselves as "Predacons" (and combined to form "Predaking"). The Predacons in the show could had established some kind of connection to them... but the creators admitted that they didn't actually know much about the original Transformers when they first started working on the show... but still, c'mon.

Another brilliant point. I remember them and was going to mention them but couldn't remember if it was G1 or another cartoon.

Another brilliant point. I remember them and was going to mention them but couldn't remember if it was G1 or another cartoon.

To their credit they did do reaserch on the old show and called in the producers of the old one on ocasion.

Wich reminds me ya'll remember the episdoe that Sarscream was in waspinators body? i loved that episode

I wouldn't had minded if the two factions renamed themselves after landing, but they were machines before landing. Infact, Dinobot was originally named "Dynamo" and transformed into some type of construction vehicle, for example.

Maximal is a twist on "Mammal." And of course, Predacon is a twist on "Predator."

Exactly. Since it was a sequel to Transformers they would of still been "Autobots" and "Decepticons" they should of done what you said taken the names AFTER they took their animal form

Well they are from far in the future compared to G1, they've basically evolved into different types of robots (notice that they are all smaller the Autobots/Decepticons) even Ravage said that he was reformatted into a Predicon. So new types of robots require new names.

Last edited:
Well they are from far in the future compared to G1, they've basically evolved into different types of robots (notice that they are all smaller the Autobots/Decepticons) even Ravage said that he was reformatted into a Predicon. So new types of robots require new names.

Not really though since that was their army's name not race.

Not really though since that was their army's name not race.

What do you mean? In the time line that they come from Autobots and Decepticons no longer exist. I guess you could still call them Cybertronians though if you wanted.

I mentioned that! That is my favourite beast wars episode.

Mine too..Along withcode of hero(the one where dinobot dies)

And Any with Black arachnia I mean she could outsmart Magetron,Tarantulas and heck even starscream...She rocked.

Well you see, the whole the Predacons and Maximals was done well before the show started, and the only reason why the show was made was to promote the toy. Also remember these are intended for childern, many of whom probably dont know **** about transformers. They were originally called Autobots because it was related to what they are, Automobiles that are also robots. Calling the maximals Autobots wouldn't make much sense. Its all about making it relavent and easy for new audiences rather than please a bunch of overly dramatic fanboys who cant handle change. A kid (whose new to transformers) looks at Maximals and predacons and can gets the basic idea, having Autobots would require to much explanation and history. It's a new toy line and Its all about marketing and I agree with their chioce, it gives the toy line a certain amount of freedom from the old days, allows for their own style without completely abandoning the classics.

I always thought of Autobot ar something like "Auto-mechanical Bot," not "Auto-mobile Bot."

And Decepticons, well, they're deceptive with their transforming.

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/804/804860p1.html
Interview about up coming cartoon

Here is some cool parts that i found pretty interesting

IGN TV: So how did you arrive at the core group?

Youngberg: Well, you have to have Optimus Prime. Bumblebee was not in the initial core group and that was one of the first things I talked about when I came in. I felt he's a pretty essential character in the Transformers universe. We brought him in and what we were looking for was a good group dynamic for our five core characters. A lot of that had to do with the time I spent on Teen Titans and The Batman and learning how team dynamics can work to the advantage of the storyteller.

IGN TV: So you were looking for something more than them shooting and hitting each other?

Youngberg: Yeah, something we talked about avoiding was the "robot gang war" that it had been for so long. We still have them fighting the Decepticons, and there are still elements of that war underlying the whole show - but it had to be more than just that. If you watch the old cartoons you have twenty minutes of characters shooting at each other with nothing really happening. So we wanted to bring in that it wasn't just about them shooting lasers at each other anymore. There's a different kind of dynamic.

IGN TV: Let's talk about Optimus a bit. Is he younger than the other Autobots in this show?

Youngberg: He's not younger than the other Autobots, but he's a younger leader than he's been portrayed as before. He's fresh to the role of leadership.

IGN TV: So he's not as confident?

Youngberg: Exactly, he's really getting his footing. In the first episode he's learning what it is to be a hero and a leader. It's something he always aspired to be, but he never had a chance to do it. So what we see is not only his acceptance of his role, but his acceptance of what it means to be a hero.

Sound different to just another remake , Damn it i'm so confused about this show. I hear about and think cool then i see picture and think it'll suck now i read interview and I'm interested again

Why must this cartoon conflict mole so?

You're only speaking out of anger because he replaced Optimus. But still, they're making Optimus sound like the n00b Rodimus was... the only difference is that, unlike Rodimus, Optimus won't be depressed trying to fill Optimus' shoes... because he is Optimus.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back