Transformers (cartoons)

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Since the Movie discussion thread featured a lot of talk on Cartoons I figured it would be to separate them. Doesn't matter what series you watched or like here is where we can talk about it.

List of shows

• The Transformers (original)
  • Transformers: The Headmasters
  • Transformers: Super-God Masterforce
  • Transformers: Victory
  • Transformers: Zone
  • Beast Wars: Transformers
  • Beast Wars II
  • Beast Wars Neo
  • Beast Machines: Transformers
  • Transformers: Robots in Disguise
  • Transformers: Armada
  • Transformers: Energon
  • Transformers: Cybertron
  • Transformers: Heroes - fall 2007

Now I'm not going to share my opinions on all of them just the main ones. Will rank in stars * to *****

The Transformers (original) – ****

The original series even though I keep pointing this out it was just a 30 minute advert I still love it. It has the best opening theme of any transformers series (is also one of my ring tones:lol:) My favourite on it – Starscream. Megatron's transformation was lame though. He was the most powerful or at least most willing to use his power and should not of had such a limitation on what he could do.

The movie IMO should of ended the show. The movie was great and had an ending where almost everything was wrapped up. Optimus was dead and Galavatron was no more. BUT then did season 3 and Galavatron returned but Optimus did not

The series went downhill fast. Season 4 had Optimus return but by which time it was too late to save the show and season 4 lasted for about 4-5 episodes. But all in all a good show to watch.

Beast Wars: Transformers – ****

On par with the original. The Animation I thought was ground breaking the stories were better than the original a lot of the time and the new characters were refreshing. In a lot ways this series was superior to it's predecessor

However in other ways it was work. I would cringe every time Optimus Primal would say things like "That would be Prime" It was too cheesy even by Transformers standards. Maximal and Predacons instead of Autobots and Decepticons is another thing I did not like.

Now still a good show and the highs do out weigh the lows but I would not say it was better than the original but about equal to seasons 1+2

Beast Machines: Transformers – ***

Very disappointing. Hot of the popularity of Beast Wars this was a chance to improve an already great show but they instead made it much , worse.

Now it had a lot of good points too but first the bad. It still had a lot of the time the same faults beast wars had but then added more to them like lame characters Botanica I mean I insulted Megatron's transformation in oiginal but there are worse and that is what Botanica was. She transformed in to ……… a plant. A plant!!! What is that? "Oh let's make the dumbest transformation ever. " "ok tapes like soundwave used" "no they were useful." "I know a plant!"

Good points though are some pretty good ones I had a very religious and at times Epic quality to it. That was pretty damn good. The ending where Megatron used Optimus's old body from the original to fight was a great moment. Then ending both dead Cybertron saved and at peace. From start of original to end of Beast Machines came full circle in a nice way.

Transformers: Robots in Disguise – 0 stars

The series had No continuity to worry about as it was starting again. This was a chance to fix old mistakes or just to make a good show and it did neither. It had Autobots who were cars and stuff and against the Predacons who were animals and stuff.

Now it had the combining thing I like in latter series (see later ones) but it did not work on this one. Optimus was a fire truck which was another really bad thing. Then to make more confusion they add Decepticons to the fight but No not Megatron's Decepticons no no no these were basically Combaticons from original but they also had Optimus Prime's evil brother who basically a black version of original but evil.

Even I as write this I can feel my head exploding from how retarded this series was.

Transformers: Armada – *****

This is the only series I give 5 stars to. Mini-Cons were a lame idea I admit. When they connected and made the shield and sword and stuff though they were pretty cool. It had other faults too as some episodes mainly the earlier ones were rushed due to cartoon network.

But this series is mostly highs. The inclusion of Unicron was great , Optimus Prime was handled very well been that he was still a truck but was also hadded the added Base and "Supermode" But more importantly was Megatron

Megatron was the best he has ever been. He had the same personality as original but was had a more darker sinister vibe to him. Best of all he turned in to a tank. That meant he had the fire power maybe even more-so that original had but was not limited by been a gun he could go anywhere and destrooy anything. The tank was perfect for what megatron's personality was about.

Starscream was also handled well and lived up to been a modern version of original. All in all this was the best series.

Transformers: Energon *
Spark of Combination was a nice addition to this series but over all the animation felt weaker than Armada. This series was extremely disappointing. This is like the Highlander II of Transformers.

I say that as it followed a great predecessor but then went and ****ed it all up. It added things that never needed to be added like Alpha Q the only character in anything who could be more annoying than jar jar binks!

The Terrorcons were extremely lame and bland. Shame really because Armada was like a modern version of the original and Energon could have been it's "Beast wars" but sadly not. I wasn't even crap like RID it was just boring , disappointing and bland

Transformers: Cybertron – **

Not watched much of this YET to give a proper review but from first few it was another disappointing series but the worst part seems to be continuity. Everyone knows Cybertron is Galaxy Force in japan.

Galaxy Force was another reboot but the dubbed version seems to want to make it part of Armada and Energon leading to more continuity problems than Superman returns , Dragonball GT and The Star wars prequels combined!!!! But will review this one more when I watch it all

Transformers: Heroes

This comes out this year and not much is known. But I looked up and I found this info.
"Transformers: Heroes" is the working title of the new animated series based on the shape-changing robot toy line, Transformers. The series will debut on Cartoon Network in Fall 2007, but little information about the series is known - even the "Heroes" title is known to have already been discarded in favour of a new, unknown title.

Storyline

The show takes place on a futuristic Earth, cohabitated by humans and robots.

Cast and characters

Confirmed Transformers featuring the show include Optimus Prime (who will be a fire truck), Megatron, Bumblebee, Ultra Magnus, Prowl, and Starscream. It is believed that the Optimus Prime of this series will be younger than the other Autobots It has announced that David Kaye (best known for voicing the Megatrons of the Beast Era and the Unicron Trilogy) will provide his voice. Meanwhile statements from Frank Welker suggest that voice actor Corey Burton (Shockwave and Sunstreaker in from the original series) will provide the voice of Megatron in the show. Tom Kenny confirmed during an interview on IESB.net that he will be voicing Starscream,, and Tara Strong will be voicing a girl named Sari, one of the supporting human characters.

Production

The show will be directed by Alex Soto, known for working on Cartoon Network series Teen Titans and Ben 10. The character designer, currently unknown, has worked on Teen Titans, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and Legion of Super Heroes. Cartoon Network will also help with the production of the show, and the series will supposedly depart from the anime style of the previous five years, displaying a brand new look like nothing seen before in Transformers.

Even though Optimus Prime is a fire a truck I think this could be pretty damn good. It will be the first non-anime transformers in years so this could be really really good

The new Transformers cartoon that comes out in 2008 I just found out had beast wars Megatron voicing Optimus prime! How weird is that going to be?

Even though Optimus Prime is a fire a truck I think this could be pretty damn good. It will be the first non-anime transformers in years so this could be really really good

I want to point out I said this BEFORE I a picture of the new look

Last edited:
The new Transformers cartoon that comes out in 2008 I just found out had beast wars Megatron voicing Optimus prime! How weird is that going to be?

Might be a little weird... wait, there's gonn be a girl named "Sorry"? I hope the human characters aren't redundant and humiliating representatives of the human race... like always. And hopefully they're at least in their late-teens and/or early 20's.

Anyway, I hope there are alot more Transformes (at least 7 on each side, to start out with.) Rodimus and Arcee would be nice additions to the Autobots side, and Thundercracker and Soundwave would be cool for the Decepticons.

Transformers: Armada – *****

I really disagree with this. First, your ranking system only goes up to 4 stars... is this really that much better than Beast Wars? And honestly, this was like Transformers fused with Power Rangers, which just does not mix.

Last edited:

I have no problem with Fire Convoy. Last time he was a fire engine we got the third best Prime toy ever. First was BWII Big Convoy and second was G2 Laser Prime.

* fiddles with his transformers *

I really disagree with this. First, your ranking system only goes up to 4 stars... is this really that much better than Beast Wars? And honestly, this was like Transformers fused with Power Rangers, which just does not mix.

no it doesn't
* to *****
that's 5. IMO yes it is better than beast wars. Beast wars got 4 stars so it's not much better just 1 star better. Armada had a couple of bad things but so did every series e.g Beast wars having optimus say "prime" like every 10 minutes just even as a kid made me think :roll: oh god.

Armada had more redeeming qualities then any other one when you watch from start to end. But if you disagree that's cool dude all like different things. If you want to post your ranking of each series then that would be cool.

If he says ''Yessss'' like Beast warsand and armadas Magatron(both voice by the same voiceactor) i will laugh my asss off i rally loved that of Beastwars Megatron.

However in other ways it was work. I would cringe every time Optimus Primal would say things like "That would be Prime" It was too cheesy even by Transformers standards. Maximal and Predacons instead of Autobots and Decepticons is another thing I did not like.

I dont see the big deal with him saying ''Prime'' i mean The Orginal optimus was probably a big insperation to them..at least it didnt bother me.I liked that they where Predecons and Maximals after all their are the decendants ofr the G1 transformers yet where diferent aswell.

Again thought thats just my opinion to me Beast wars was the best for me mainly becouse i grew up with it also that episdoe when Dinobot died heavy i cried like a baby.

Plus they had better female transformers i mean arcee sucked compared to Black arachnia or Airazor

Transformers: Robots in Disguise – 0 stars

The series had No continuity to worry about as it was starting again. This was a chance to fix old mistakes or just to make a good show and it did neither. It had Autobots who were cars and stuff and against the Predacons who were animals and stuff.

Now it had the combining thing I like in latter series (see later ones) but it did not work on this one. Optimus was a fire truck which was another really bad thing. Then to make more confusion they add Decepticons to the fight but No not Megatron's Decepticons no no no these were basically Combaticons from original but they also had Optimus Prime's evil brother who basically a black version of original but evil.

Even I as write this I can feel my head exploding from how retarded this series was.

Agreed though the toy line was cool

Agreed though the toy line was cool

:lol: I think everyone will agree "RID" or i think it was named "Go car bots" or something in some countries was too bad.

Can't say about toy line as I avoided everything to do it after i saw it.

:lol: I think everyone will agree "RID" or i think it was named "Go car bots" or something in some countries was too bad.

Can't say about toy line as I avoided everything to do it after i saw it.

Its worst poblem toy wise was being overly ambitious.

How so? I didn't see the toys of it so I would be curious.

Well RiD Megatron had something like 5 modes and the only one worth anything was his Robot. One was a hand. A Giant hand.

The Prime was awesome, and what made it even cooler was it combined with the line's Ultra Magnus to form this bad boy.

omegaprime.jpg

Who looks a whole lot better in person but thats the best i could do with aa 30 second google.

It gave us an Autobot team of combining Constuction vehicles.

They also used on of my favorite molds, The Transmetal 2 Spittor, as a show character.

Overall the biggest problem with the line was no where for the kibble to go, something they've gotten better at anymore.

That looks cool , Also maybe wrong but is that made with metal? It looks metal unlike current plastic ones.

Armada is my favorite Transformers cartoon. It made me love Starscream, ****ing awesome. But I agree with SSJMole that Mini-cons are stupid.

I will absolutely agree that the Minicons and the Beast Wars' renaming of the Autobots and Decepticons to Maximals and Predacons were terrible, terrible ideas. I also hate the cyberplanet keys, although I have no idea what series those are from... I've lost track.

Armada is my favorite Transformers cartoon. It made me love Starscream, ****ing awesome. But I agree with SSJMole that Mini-cons are stupid.

Yes they were but you have to admit they became cool when they linked together and made the sword and shield and actually had a cool purpose.

Starscream I love him every time but Armada version was the coolest. I loved how he actually beat the crap out of Megatron untill Megatron cheated. Then Optimus and Megatron are almost scared by the sheer power of unicron.

What does starscream do? Basically says "**** you unicron" and trys to attack. it made unicron kill him but still that scene was just so great and showed he was sometimes too cocky for his own good. Love it.

Glad there is another who appreciates how awesome Armada was.

I also hate the cyberplanet keys, although I have no idea what series those are from... I've lost track.

Transformers : Cybertron (the latest before the new one in 2008 )

Last edited:
There is no perfect Transformers cartoon.

Which is why we should make one.

I still dont get th problems with renaming them Maximals and Predicons...they tranformed into animals calling them autobots would have been silly.

I think Maximals sounds better than autobots anyway.....again thats just me.

I still dont get th problems with renaming them Maximals and Predicons...they tranformed into animals calling them autobots would have been silly.

I think Maximals sounds better than autobots anyway.....again thats just me.

I wouldn't had minded if the two factions renamed themselves after landing, but they were machines before landing. Infact, Dinobot was originally named "Dynamo" and transformed into some type of construction vehicle, for example.

Maximal is a twist on "Mammal." And of course, Predacon is a twist on "Predator."

I wouldn't had minded if the two factions renamed themselves after landing, but they were machines before landing. Infact, Dinobot was originally named "Dynamo" and transformed into some type of construction vehicle, for example.

Exactly. Since it was a sequel to Transformers they would of still been "Autobots" and "Decepticons" they should of done what you said taken the names AFTER they took their animal form

Exactly. Since it was a sequel to Transformers they would of still been "Autobots" and "Decepticons" they should of done what you said taken the names AFTER they took their animal form

Oh ok so it not the name its that they didnt explain why they changed it?

Latest posts

Back