Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Discussion (SPOILERS)

How would you rate Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen?

• Total voters
The concept of dinobots works well though. The changing in to giant dinosaurs not that hard to imagine considering we had Scorponok and he was just a giant robot scorpion that transformed.

Also given the content in the movies and combining that with other transformers elements e.g the origin in the new Transformers animated. We have robot dinosaurs on earth as universal studio uses them for rides, They were used in Jurassic park. Is the idea that the all-spark or something like that would turn those robots in to transformers?

However stuff like the decepticon disguised as a real girl and felt real ect... is a stupider concept for these. Why?

1st) The transformers don't know too much about our world. To the point of trying to shoot the dog. It's too hard to imagine they got our mannerisms down to the point of perfectly blending into a collage.

2nd) We had not been lead to believe the human skin reproductive capabilities existed at all period. Yet we see it work to such a convincing degree here?

The characters Mudflap and Skids were too comic relief that their concepts do not work. They are from a world destroyed by war. Yes they can make some jokes but their very concept undermines the seriousness or the war.

That's just to name 2.

So while the concept of transforming dinosaurs maybe silly it would make more sense than a lot of thing that were in the second film E.

Why do need to disguise yourself as giant scorpion or an alien looking ship or alien looking tank? You don't. But it's a war so some disguises like that are understandable as they are too attack the other transformation states.

E.g A T-rex could attack say Bumble bee or Sideways

Pretty sure the giant scorpion mode is Scorponok's only mode. He doesn't transform. Neither does Ravage, the one-eyed jaguar. Dinobots are robots that transform into mechanized dinosaurs. Scorponok and Ravage, in film continuity, are just mechanized creatures.

The explanation for the Dinobots in the new animated series is even worse.

As for the Pretender girl, Alice? I wouldn't say they perfectly got our mannerisms down. You could tell that there was something wrong with her.

Besides, if you're complaining about that, then why don't you complain about this: Why do ANY of the Transformers speak English, with unique accents and incredible understanding? I.e. that humping robot with the New Jersey accent (I don't know the exact accent .... maybe it's some kind of New York accent or something), or Jetfire with the British accent? They're all able to understand English language and respond colloquially even though they've only been on Earth for a few years (right, Jetfire had been on Earth for thousands, but the humping guy hadn't, and he was talking slang). As for the regenerative skin tissue. Is it really hard to imagine that the Decepticons couldn't have studied humans for the purpose of .... spying or something? Pretenders have synthetic organic outer shells, that's all you need to know. Maybe the material is able to replicate any texture, but has regenerative properties. Why don't you ask how Transformers have been able to copy tires?

Here's a history of the Pretenders:
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Pretenders

Decepticons transformed into Cybertronian vehicles (jets, tanks) before they came to Earth. Megatron just never adopted a Earth-ly disguise. If you think about it, he never really got a chance - he chased the All Spark to Earth but fell into the Arctic Circle and became frozen. Years later, while still frozen, he was found by explorers. Eventually, he was taken to the Sector Seven facility inside the Hoover Dam and studied by scientists. By the time he was unthawed, he really had no reason to disguise himself, because the Autobots and the Decepticons were in the midst of battle. In the second movie, when he gets resurrected, he has no reason to disguise himself with an Earth-ly disguise because all he's doing is just chilling with his master and giving orders to go kill Sam Witwicky.

And transforming into a T-Rex wouldn't really increase your chances of kicking Bumblebee's or Sideways' ***. Remember, there's no "mass displacement" in these movies. Grimlock's normal form would be around the same size as a regular Transformer, and his transformed state would be hunched over. Or something.

And I don't know how the Dinobots would fit into movie continuity anyway. The timeline is already so convoluted. See, the last dinosaurs went extinct about 65 million years ago. The first Transformers came to Earth in 17000 BCE. Do you see how this wouldn't work?

Ok first of all I know who Pretenders are. But it was not explained AT ALL in the film. So it didn't fit.

Second they did get our mannerisms right as she blended in perfectly you only knew something was up right before she revealed her self.

third "Why don't you ask how Transformers have been able to copy tires?" Tires = rubber lot living flesh.

forth Bumblebee's or Sideways would get killed by a t-rex as I flat out said "attack the other transformation states" so yes a T-rex vs a car a T-rex would win.

I stand by every thing I said.

I think Grocer's Man's initial point wasn't that the concepts of Dinobot or Beast Wars are smarter than the new Transformers movie. It's that their stories and characterization are much less shallow, and it's disappointing that that stuff is fairly obscure now while the "things blow up, a lot, the rest is disposable" factor is what the 'verse is becoming known for because that's what they picked for the films.

Exactly.

Well, such things could be said for any adaptation, really. It's just more of a problem here because of the shallowness. I like these films, but still.

Ok first of all I know who Pretenders are. But it was not explained AT ALL in the film. So it didn't fit.

Second they did get our mannerisms right as she blended in perfectly you only knew something was up right before she revealed her self.

third "Why don't you ask how Transformers have been able to copy tires?" Tires = rubber lot living flesh.

forth Bumblebee's or Sideways would get killed by a t-rex as I flat out said "attack the other transformation states" so yes a T-rex vs a car a T-rex would win.

I stand by every thing I said.

The Constructicons weren't explained in the film either. They were just there (however, according to the "expanded universe," they were the ones who actually created solar harvesters).

Did you honestly think the robot girl was a real human being when you first saw her?

Transformers aren't rubber. They're metal. I'm saying, if they can replicate rubber, they should be able to replicate human tissue.

A 2010 Camaro SS would kick a T-Rex's ***. That's just plain logic, Mole.

Last edited:
Exactly.

Well, such things could be said for any adaptation, really. It's just more of a problem here because of the shallowness. I like these films, but still.

OK, but I still don't get why the standard for shallowness is set by the concept of a robot that transforms into a dinosaur.

OK, but I still don't get why the standard for shallowness is set by the concept of a robot that transforms into a dinosaur.

Again, it's not set by the concept of a robot that turns into a dinosaur. It's set by brilliant, deep characters, like Dinobot on Beast Wars was(regardless of the fact that he was a robot that transformed into a dinosaur. Regardful of the the fact that he was emotionally diverse and well-developed).

The movies have bagfuls of concepts like robot-monsters, but are lacking characters and depth, which Beast Wars had.

So it's disappointing that the movies are much more popular.

Last edited:
Transformers aren't rubber. They're metal. I'm saying, if they can replicate rubber, they should be able to replicate human tissue.

I get your line of thinking, but human tissue is more advanced than rubber, of course.

But you're right to a point - if they can duplicate non-metal, why not something else? Plastic? Some other non-metal, non-organic substance?

I'm re-watching this and Optimus is wrecking folks. He's a beast!

Someone tell Michael Bay he needs more explosions.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back