Ultimate Angel/Archangel

Goodwill said:
I don't think that Angel would even touch religion... It's really awkward for me to read his character, too. Here's a kid that had a difficult upbringing (One without parents) yet, he still is the one about morality and justice. I don't get that, don't you think he should be the one with a little more edge? I mean, c'mon... At the time, he was still an impressionable young man and, when his parents leave him, there's going to be some rebelliousness, right? Bendis did all right with that aspect of his character in the first issue that he appeared in, however, after that that was gone.

The first issue Angel appeared in I totally thought it was gonna be all about religion with him. I don't know why you guys can't see it happening but I think it could be a major part of his character still somewhere down the line.

TheManWithoutFear said:
The first issue Angel appeared in I totally thought it was gonna be all about religion with him. I don't know why you guys can't see it happening but I think it could be a major part of his character still somewhere down the line.

Around the first issues I thought it could be a possibility too. Now however I'm leaning more and more away from it. Having it unmentioned for this long...

I don't think he should be a religiously heavy character because, he's been said to be a hoax in the religious community, why would he begin to believe otherwise?

Goodwill said:
I don't think that Angel would even touch religion... It's really awkward for me to read his character, too. Here's a kid that had a difficult upbringing (One without parents) yet, he still is the one about morality and justice.

Wha---?

Re: Archangel

Hmmmmm, tough question. Would I like Angel to go evil and join Apocalypse if he's real? Hell yes. Would I want him to have metal wings? I honestly don't know. Part of me says yes, part of me says no. I'm torn.

Lynx said:
Hmmmmm, tough question. Would I like Angel to go evil and join Apocalypse if he's real? Hell yes. Would I want him to have metal wings? I honestly don't know. Part of me says yes, part of me says no. I'm torn.
That's not the question. If Ultimate Archangel does happen it's likely Apocolypse will be involved but what if Angel just takes a turn for the worse on his own takes his family's wealth and upgrades himself and becomes an UXM villain. Not as likely because people want Apoc involved but just an example of how he doesn't have to. This is the Ultimate Universe afterall.

Okay, so...

What the difference between Angel and ARCHangel? You know, beside being empowered to rule over the other angels by God.

E.Vi.L. said:
Okay, so...

What the difference between Angel and ARCHangel? You know, beside being empowered to rule over the other angels by God.

Angel has normal wings and is good, while Archangel has metal wings and is evil.

E.Vi.L. said:
Okay, so...

Angel is just blond and has feathers.

Archangel is blue and pink, has no hair, sharp, pointy wings that shoot people and a tendency to scream really angrily.

With radical ultimization, I wouldn't mind this plot. But I'm not really a huge fan of it, because all it really served to do was a) convolute continuity and b) give Angel super-mega-flechette-powers of DOOM! MWAHAHAHA!

Ahem. Yeah. It kind of failed to do anything so great to the character, really.

archangel is one of my faves of the old 616...if uxm had an archangel arc...i'd probably buy it instead of just reading it in trades at borders and not really liking it

Latest posts

Back