Ultimate Angel/Archangel

Angel wings appear to be damaged the same way they were in X-factor when they had to be amputated (plus they had to pierce something to hold his body mass). Thus this has to be the coming of Archangel. I still think it's too soon for me to feel bad but since Vaughan's run is coming to a close in the near future, I'm sure this is what he wanted to do...if in fact Angel's wings are damaged beyond repair.

You guys are totally jumping the gun... All that happens is that he's pinned against a wall... I don't think this is any indication of Archangel at all.

I don't think Ult. Angel has enough backstory yet to cripple him, he needs to grow more as a character. Mind you, I thought they turned Beast blue too soon as well.

I will admit the idea won't go untouched in the Ultimate Universe, but I don't think it will happen soon... If it does, I will be shocked.

Goodwill said:
I will admit the idea won't go untouched in the Ultimate Universe, but I don't think it will happen soon... If it does, I will be shocked.
Ditto. It just seems waaaaay too early for Archangel. I would like to see Angel become him, but not now. He hasn't been around for long.

Right, but neither was Beast, however, I guess people knew him better as the blue furry dude. ;) By the way, Beast is dead! :lol:

Yes, Angel turning into Archangel would be happening way too soon, but then again, hasn't this title been going at a fast pace to begin with. Take Rogue and Iceman's relationship for instance...one minute, he's showing her how to ice skate and the next, he's declaring that she's his g/f.

Vaughan only has so many issues left, and if he wants to do an Archangel arc, this is his only shot. I guess we won't know for sure if this is the direction he's going until we see the next issue or the next solicitation.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I would think the whole Religious/Compassionate person should've been Angel.

I'd think it'd be quite the opposite. Its fairly hard to have serious faith when you see one of the prime avatars of a religion every time you look in a mirror or cut yourself shaving or get punched in a fight or whatever. He's had to much realism and reality to focus on Christianity as a religion anyway and to me anyway, that rules him out of other faiths

Caduceus said:
I'd think it'd be quite the opposite. Its fairly hard to have serious faith when you see one of the prime avatars of a religion every time you look in a mirror or cut yourself shaving or get punched in a fight or whatever. He's had to much realism and reality to focus on Christianity as a religion anyway and to me anyway, that rules him out of other faiths
You know if anything i'd think it should puch him to explore religion in general, eventualy coming to find a faith that he's comfortable with. Probably not christianity.

Caduceus said:

Caddy's got character assessment down cold! Nice.

Baxter said:
You know if anything i'd think it should puch him to explore religion in general, eventualy coming to find a faith that he's comfortable with. Probably not christianity.

I can see what you mean. "If I'm a religious object, its probably not a real religion. But what about the other religions?". I doubt it will be explored, mostly just to avoid a real conflict with a family friendly image but its possible

I don't think that Angel would even touch religion... It's really awkward for me to read his character, too. Here's a kid that had a difficult upbringing (One without parents) yet, he still is the one about morality and justice. I don't get that, don't you think he should be the one with a little more edge? I mean, c'mon... At the time, he was still an impressionable young man and, when his parents leave him, there's going to be some rebelliousness, right? Bendis did all right with that aspect of his character in the first issue that he appeared in, however, after that that was gone.

Latest posts

Back