Ultimate Avengers discussion !!!SPOILERS!!!

cmdrjanjalani said:
It's not horrible, but if you compare it to the Batman and Superman series, they feel severely dated.

Actually, when they were first on the air - they felt dated.

This is exactly why they weren't very good. The Batman: TAS don't feel dated 10 years later.

Bass said:
Actually, when they were first on the air - they felt dated.

This is exactly why they weren't very good. The Batman: TAS don't feel dated 10 years later.

Exactly. When X-Men first showed up it was great...at least the idea was. But poor animation, over-acted voicing, and just poor execution all around is what did it in.

Now when I watch Superman or Batman: TAS....nothing feels dated. The art was so simplisticly smooth that there was barely an error and they had more compelling episodes. Hell---even JLU uses the same art style and that show is FAR better than any other cartoon they put on nowadays.

But all that is a little off topic. So.....

I just watched Ultimate Avengers again last night.....just to give it another chance before I trade it in. The only redeeming quality this movie has is the WWII footage.

When Cap jumped outta the plane I was noticing how smooth everything was. But then it all seemed to go downhill from there.

Yeah.....I'm trading this in for some store credit.

Craig Kyle said:
"There's going to be a lot more changes in the sequel...

From the latest podcast. Is this good or bad? :?

I just saw this and I gotta say I really liked it. I thought it was good. At some points the animation was bad but it didn't really bothered me. I just wished they had more time to add more stuff in Like the Tony/Thor relationship. Definitly needed more of those two. And I really wanted to see the scene were Tony Cap and Thor having dinner that would have been great. The action was good, Dialogue was okay, except for time like when Cap told Banner he knew about the Hulk, horrible scene. And when Cap asked Fury if we were attacked I was expecting a silent 911 moment but no an very poorly done Hulk sequence. IO feel if they had a higher budget they could have made a completely awesome movie. But hey I really enjoyed and I look forward to the sequel and future movies from Marvel.

ProjectX2 said:
From the latest podcast. Is this good or bad? :?

That's all he said? No explanation?

UltimateE said:
That's all he said? No explanation?

He said stuff about scenes that haven't appeared in the comic, which I presume is the things like the Black Panther image we saw. I can't remember much, it was all a horrible blur.

ProjectX2 said:
He said stuff about scenes that haven't appeared in the comic, which I presume is the things like the Black Panther image we saw. I can't remember much, it was all a horrible blur.
Well the Black Panther makes a deal with Kiezer and is betrayed, that's all I knw, didn't see anything of Hawkeye. I'm betting the ending would be closer to that of vol 2 in ultimates where there's a world wide battle while Cap and Fury go up against Kiezer

Good on you.....save your money and but the deluxe edition of Daredevil or Elektra............................or something.

Random said:
Well the Black Panther makes a deal with Kiezer and is betrayed, that's all I knw, didn't see anything of Hawkeye. I'm betting the ending would be closer to that of vol 2 in ultimates where there's a world wide battle while Cap and Fury go up against Kiezer

Unfortunately, there's no Hawkeye in the sequel either. And the Black Panther stuff has me worried. His costume looks terrible. This is one of the few cases I preferred the 616 version.

DIrishB said:
Unfortunately, there's no Hawkeye in the sequel either. And the Black Panther stuff has me worried. His costume looks terrible. This is one of the few cases I preferred the 616 version.
I recall that Wanaka (however its spelled) is an advance hidden civilization with better technology than the rest of the world. I hated when they do that, somehow this place that never gets contact from the outside world gains more technological break throughs. This goes for Atlantis and Gorilla City from JLU. It doesn't make sense.

Random said:
I recall that Wanaka (however its spelled) is an advance hidden civilization with better technology than the rest of the world. I hated when they do that, somehow this place that never gets contact from the outside world gains more technological break throughs. This goes for Atlantis and Gorilla City from JLU. It doesn't make sense.

Wakanda.

Thats how its spelled. Just in case.

Finally saw it. It was...

You know what's gonna happen and half the good stuff is taken out kinda thing.

I didn't have a problem with any of the animation/voiceovers.

Some of the action was boring. And they tried to hard to be dramatic. That stupid score that played when something happened was so irritating.

As far as interpretations. I didn't like Cap at first but then realized that the whole younger perception I had of him was what he should've been in the first place so it was cool. Tony was hilarious, and the rest were what I expected.

2.5/5

They're making movies for kiddies now. I'll anticipate a better Ultimates when they make a live action movie.

Victor Von Doom said:
Plus what the hell was up with Natasha crushing on Capt America?!?!?! :?
I think it worked with the movie. The dialogue they had, how they're the only proffessionals on the team, seems to work in this setting. I found it funny when Tony asked her to join and she can bring her gun.

Last edited:
About halfway through, when I realized that in order to grade this, I had to forget about the comic, I was going to give it a B-. My reasons: Loved the beginning (with the old radio show), thought it was a decent film, was surprised by the animation, which I thought was going to be terrible but was pretty good for a straight to DVD (way better than Saturday Morning toons), but the voice acting was horrendous.

But then, I saw the battle. Oh man. So good, and I warmed up to the voices a bit.

Overall: B

I'm actually looking forward to the sequel. When does it really come out?

And who else thought that the Avengers Assemble feature should've been called George Perez presents: George Perez, a tribute to George Perez? :lol:

Latest posts

Back