Ultimate Cable

Dr.Strangefate said:
Are you implying that sexuality has absolutely anything to do with wanting children?

No, I am saying that all I see in stories of straight couples, is the father leaving. Or abandoning the rest of the family. ARG! I HATE it! Frankly it makes men look bad, and no i'm not cracking on gay couples. I'm just saying I'm tired this particular situation, it is a stereotype! Wether Oprah finds it neccissary to do a special on it, or wether it takes place a long time ago in a galaxy far far away (and i like Star Wars). There are men out there who want families. I come from a dysfunctional family, and I make up dream worlds in my head all the time, and I WANT a family, because I feel the need to replace the crap I was given at birth. And I think Cyclops would want the same thing.

Hawkeye101 said:
No, I am saying that all I see in stories of straight couples, is the father leaving. Or abandoning the rest of the family. ARG! I HATE it! Frankly it makes men look bad, and no i'm not cracking on gay couples. I'm just saying I'm tired this particular situation, it is a stereotype! Wether Oprah finds it neccissary to do a special on it, or wether it takes place a long time ago in a galaxy far far away (and i like Star Wars). There are men out there who want families. I come from a dysfunctional family, and I make up dream worlds in my head all the time, and I WANT a family, because I feel the need to replace the crap I was given at birth. And I think Cyclops would want the same thing.
That's true, but it can still go either way.

Dr.Strangefate said:
I suppose every aspect of every character hitherto unknown must not exist either.... But DIrishB said all that needs saying there...

Thank you sir.

Cyclops had a ****ty childhood, he lived in an orphanage where he lived entirely in his head (remember the entire planet he created with his imagination?). He has a crap relationship with his little brother, he lives in an environment where he and his teammates are in danger constantly, and even -moreso- if Magneto escapes, or his brother (or another teammate) gets killed. Its -not- a good place for any parent to be raising a kid, especially Scott, who already has pretty bad emotional issues. And they live for free in a mansion that's owned by the US government, where they all work for the US government, and do you think that SHIELD wants to be responsible for the liability of a baby?

Good point.

In their late teens/early twenties?! They haven't even discussed the possibility of Marraige! Not to mention the fact that they have a bad relationship because they don't communicate about anything (see the beginning of the latest issue).

Honestly, one of the aspects of their relationship which I think has been drastically underplayed and ignored is Jean and Wolverine's breif tryst. I don't care how sure of yourself you are (which we know in many respects Cyke isn't), something like this is going to cause problems, specifically intimacy and jealousy issues. And now with the whole Lorna thing being introduced, I really hope the next author addresses this issue and lets it work both ways (you know, since Cyke neglected to mention Lorna to Jean).

Quoth Nathaniel Essex, the only clue to what Apocalypse wants: "the child is coming". Not the Children, the CHILD.

Yup.

And Cain Marko was Xavier's stepbrother, and Emma Frost was a member of the Hellfire Club, and the Shadow King crippled Xavier, and Proteus was the son of Moira and general MacTaggert, and Nick Fury was white, and Bucky became a Communist Cold War Assassin, and Iron Man wasn't a genetical anomoly, and Jarvis had a thing for Aunt May, and Gwen Stacy was killed by Green Goblin, and Harry Osborn was the Second Green Goblin, and Kravin didn't get genetically altered, and so on and so forth.....

You forgot that Cyclops was the older brother, whereas in the Ultimate universe Havok is (though Vaughan made possibly his first continuity mistake in UXM #62 with Iceman mentioned Havok as Cyke's kid brother...though this was rectified in the next issue and could just be chalked up to Bobby not knowing what the **** he was talking about). ;)

icemastertron said:
That's true, but it can still go either way.

Very true, psychology is anything but an exact or predictable science.

DIrishB said:
You forgot that Cyclops was the older brother, whereas in the Ultimate universe Havok is (though Vaughan made possibly his first continuity mistake in UXM #62 with Iceman mentioned Havok as Cyke's kid brother...though this was rectified in the next issue and could just be chalked up to Bobby not knowing what the **** he was talking about). ;)

Well, he played it off as Bobby not knowing what he's talking about, because Havok calls Cyke his baby brother in the next issue.

And as for the CHILD comment. Maybe Cable and Phoenix will have nothing to do with Apocalypse.

Well, I'm definitely suspecting that the Child that Apocalypse is looking for will have to be from Jean...

I mean, A child is going to be born, who else would it be?

Hrm. Maybe its not that a child will be born, but that a child will come to america... from Russia. Magik would be a powerful force to come through... I mean, yeah.

Hrm.

I still don't think they'd have both Rachel and Nathan together, they're too different to be twins (and I know that fraternal twins are how f/m twins come about, but they still usually have a BIT more of a resemblance). But if the child turns out to be Magik I don't want either Rachel OR Nathan coming for a long long time.

That is, unless Rachel is Jean's sister.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Well, I'm definitely suspecting that the Child that Apocalypse is looking for will have to be from Jean...

I mean, A child is going to be born, who else would it be?

Hrm. Maybe its not that a child will be born, but that a child will come to america... from Russia. Magik would be a powerful force to come through... I mean, yeah.

Hrm.

I still don't think they'd have both Rachel and Nathan together, they're too different to be twins (and I know that fraternal twins are how f/m twins come about, but they still usually have a BIT more of a resemblance). But if the child turns out to be Magik I don't want either Rachel OR Nathan coming for a long long time.

That is, unless Rachel is Jean's sister.

Phooey! Nothing will change my desire for Cable and Phoenix II to at LEAST be brother and sister.

Hawkeye101 said:
Phooey! Nothing will change my desire for Cable and Phoenix II to at LEAST be brother and sister.

But that's not going to make writers sacrifice a good story in favor of similar continuity to 616.

Dr.Strangefate said:
But that's not going to make writers sacrifice a good story in favor of similar continuity to 616.

Or maybe, you know they've thought of my idea and want to do it. What then?

Hawkeye101 said:
Or maybe, you know they've thought of my idea and want to do it. What then?

If they do a good job, great. The story is what matters.

If they decide to imitate either 616, or the Star Wars Expanded Universe, rather than be original, then I would be very very disapointed.

Dr.Strangefate said:
If they do a good job, great. The story is what matters.

If they decide to imitate either 616, or the Star Wars Expanded Universe, rather than be original, then I would be very very disapointed.

I agree, but Hawkeye is just working from what he knows, so I can't blame him entirely...but I can blame him some. ;)

DIrishB said:
I agree, but Hawkeye is just working from what he knows, so I can't blame him entirely...but I can blame him some. ;)

Hehe. Me too, even if it makes me a bit of a hypocrit.

I like being the one to make the baseless speculation, because it makes me feel sexy.

(Ultimate Masters of Evil?! My Evil Emma Frost is working for Magneto idea is faaar superior... bwa-ha-ha!)

Wow all I have to do to make myself feel sexy is look at myself naked in the mirror.

Latest posts

Back