Ultimate Cable

Caduceus said:
Definitely.

:tongue: what if the child is Phoenix II and not Cable. What if the Phoenix gets passed on to Rachel? And Apocalypse wants the power of the Phoenix, not Cable?

I'd suggest this thread has gotten off topic but I don't particularly like Cable in the first place.

Personally, I think having any Summers children, Rachel, Cable, Nate Gray (who is a Summers child, name or not), is a terrible idea at this point. If they aren't Summers, thats not as bad, but it would require a drastic ultimization, bigger changes than we customarily see.

Caduceus said:
I'd suggest this thread has gotten off topic but I don't particularly like Cable in the first place.

I say we make a rule that a thread must have at least 3 uninterrupted posts of an off-topic nature to really be considered "off-topic". Otherwise its grounds for almost EVERY thread to be closed for off-topicness (is that even a word?) before the first 10 posts or so.

Personally, I think having any Summers children, Rachel, Cable, Nate Gray (who is a Summers child, name or not), is a terrible idea at this point. If they aren't Summers, thats not as bad, but it would require a drastic ultimization, bigger changes than we customarily see.

This is true, but personally some of the better Ultimizations have been pretty drastic. I definitly liked Ultimate Mad Thinker over the 616 version. Actually...thats about it, but there will probably be more. :)

Either way, I see no need for the Ultimate versions to be anything more than vaguely similar to their 616 counterparts. I think their powers should stay relatively the same, but I would actually prefer the back-stories and characterizations to be pretty different, more modernized and realistic (as much as thats possible given the subject matter).

Hawkeye101 said:
:tongue: what if the child is Phoenix II and not Cable. What if the Phoenix gets passed on to Rachel? And Apocalypse wants the power of the Phoenix, not Cable?

Then introducing kids in the Ultimate Universe at this point is still a really bad idea?

I'm now really happy with my Magik theory :D

DIrishB said:
Does this mean you have self-absorbed homoerotic tendencies?

Oh, come now. Narcisism is a perfectly valid form of sexual identity, however sad or shallow it may make a person.

At least when you're a narcisist, they don't say no :p

thee great one said:
AAARGH You ruined it for me again....

:arrgh: :arrgh: :arrgh:

MARK YOUR SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Moderators cut this whole dealy out of the discussion thread for #63, don't blame us....

we were just continuing our conversation.

No, I think two young people having children is an excellent way to show a more 'realistic' side to things. Teen couples have kids all the time. Why should Scott and Jean be any different?

Hawkeye101 said:
No, I think two young people having children is an excellent way to show a more 'realistic' side to things. Teen couples have kids all the time. Why should Scott and Jean be any different?
Because Scott and Jean are overly responsible combat trained mutants living in an incredibly dangerous situation, not irresponsible teenagers or the type of people who'd have a child so young when they're in so much danger.

Take into account their characters. Scott is obsessive-compulsively anal, and Jean is the trusted assistant-professor type person. They're involved in strenuous, dangerous work and they're both fully cognizant of the risks involved in their current profession. I cannot possibly imagine either of them deciding to have a child at this point in their lives.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Oh, come now. Narcisism is a perfectly valid form of sexual identity, however sad or shallow it may make a person.

Very true. Touche!

At least when you're a narcisist, they don't say no :p

Unless you're a self-loathing narcisist, which is kind of a conundrum.

thee great one said:
AAARGH You ruined it for me again....

MARK YOUR SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, this is still only speculation (hence it being in the baseless speculation section), so at worst we ruined an off-hand line of dialogue, no major spoilers or anything like that. Calm it down there.

Caduceus said:
Because Scott and Jean are overly responsible combat trained mutants living in an incredibly dangerous situation, not irresponsible teenagers or the type of people who'd have a child so young when they're in so much danger.

Take into account their characters. Scott is obsessive-compulsively anal, and Jean is the trusted assistant-professor type person. They're involved in strenuous, dangerous work and they're both fully cognizant of the risks involved in their current profession. I cannot possibly imagine either of them deciding to have a child at this point in their lives.

SHE HAD SEX WITH WOLVERINE! THAT"S LIKE GOING TO FREDDIE CRUGER FOR A GYNACOLOGIST APPIONTMENT! (that's irresponsible)

Hawkeye101 said:
SHE HAD SEX WITH WOLVERINE! THAT"S LIKE GOING TO FREDDIE CRUGER FOR A GYNACOLOGIST APPIONTMENT! (that's irresponsible)

Ahem...that's Freddy Krueger. And the only reason she hooked up with Wolverine was because at the time Cyke was too much of a ***** to admit his feelings for her, whereas Wolverine wasn't. Though she is a mind-reader so not sure why she didn't just confront Cyke in the first place about it. Maybe Wolverine is hung better or something. ;)

She was irresponsible with Wolverine, but I still gaurentee they used protection of some sort, because no baby came out of it.

Her + Scott = Responsible = Probably no baby for a long time.

This conversation is half way to ridiculous. A baby? Cmon why did we even fall into this conversation? There won't be a Rachael or Cable this early....

The other half...

I actually think it would be cool if Scott accidently slipped on by and Jean got pregnant and was hiding it from Professor X. I mean think of it from a social standpoint about teenagers and pregnancies. It would probably make a good story somewhere down the line.

And sticking with the thread topic. I don't think Cable should be their baby just rachael.

A-hem:

1) Jean does not need a condominium because she can just use her telekinesis and stop the baby juice from getting to the baby oven in the first place. So she probably didn't have one with Wolvie, and who wouldn't find a reason to not use one, it's a much greater expiriance without one!

2) Cable being Scott and Jean's son is just the best and most realistic approach to Ultimate Cable (and Phoenix II for that matter). Depending on how Magnetic North goes, the whole dispute between Jean and Scott over Lorna may do something to them, I believe Scott and Jean are in the best situation for a child, they're early twenties (jean is Twenty-One/Two and Scott is Twenty/twenty-one, and they live in a mutant safe mansion, Having Cable and Phoenix around the X Mansion would be like the mutant version of Franklin Richards for the FF.

Hawkeye101 said:
A-hem:

1) Jean does not need a condominium because she can just use her telekinesis and stop the baby juice from getting to the baby oven in the first place. So she probably didn't have one with Wolvie, and who wouldn't find a reason to not use one, it's a much greater expiriance without one!

A condominium? Please tell me you were joking on that one. And what about STD's? Can she telekinetically stop genital warts? And yes, sex is better without a condom, but its more dangerous, not only from the pregnancy thing but STD's, as I said. The only time I've not used a condom have been with long-term girlfriends, who were on some form of birth control, whether it was the pill, patch, or shot.

2) Cable being Scott and Jean's son is just the best and most realistic approach to Ultimate Cable (and Phoenix II for that matter). Depending on how Magnetic North goes, the whole dispute between Jean and Scott over Lorna may do something to them, I believe Scott and Jean are in the best situation for a child, they're early twenties (jean is Twenty-One/Two and Scott is Twenty/twenty-one, and they live in a mutant safe mansion, Having Cable and Phoenix around the X Mansion would be like the mutant version of Franklin Richards for the FF.

I disagree, I'd like to see Ultimate Cable NOT be related to Jean or Scott. Just because he's incredibly powerful, that doesn't HAVE to depend on Jean and Cyke's DNA. And how are Jean and Cyke in the "best" situation to have a child? Like someone said, they're at a school which, through its very nature and purpose, causes a lot of imminent danger at every turn, including AT THE SCHOOL (read the Weapon X and Tempest arcs to see what I mean).

DIrishB said:
A condominium? Please tell me you were joking on that one. And what about STD's? Can she telekinetically stop genital warts? And yes, sex is better without a condom, but its more dangerous, not only from the pregnancy thing but STD's, as I said. The only time I've not used a condom have been with long-term girlfriends, who were on some form of birth control, whether it was the pill, patch, or shot.

I disagree, I'd like to see Ultimate Cable NOT be related to Jean or Scott. Just because he's incredibly powerful, that doesn't HAVE to depend on Jean and Cyke's DNA. And how are Jean and Cyke in the "best" situation to have a child? Like someone said, they're at a school which, through its very nature and purpose, causes a lot of imminent danger at every turn, including AT THE SCHOOL (read the Weapon X and Tempest arcs to see what I mean).

Fair assessment about the school not exactly 'safe', however, Wolverine? An STD? The dude has a healing factor that kicks cancer *** from here to next teusday. Jean was aware of his healing factor, and therefore, ah-ha! My telekinesis, his healing factor, no condom= better sex! Hurray for everyone!

And the condominiums mention is a nod off to Jeff Foxworthy (Blue Collar Comedy Rides Again)

Hawkeye101 said:
Fair assessment about the school not exactly 'safe', however, Wolverine? An STD? The dude has a healing factor that kicks cancer *** from here to next teusday. Jean was aware of his healing factor, and therefore, ah-ha! My telekinesis, his healing factor, no condom= better sex! Hurray for everyone!

And the condominiums mention is a nod off to Jeff Foxworthy (Blue Collar Comedy Rides Again)

Good point. And I didn't think you'd misspell condom that bad, but I had to check.

Hawkeye101 said:
A-hem:

Because everyone knows at that particular moment, your focus and control over something as delicate as that is at its greatest.

Hawkeye101 said:
I can think of a few things I'd prefer for Cable than suddenly having Jean give birth.

Latest posts

Back