Ultimate Celebrity Status...

I think they are only famous to the online community, who seem to be the only people that believe in anything, anymore... We'll have to see. We know that magazines have written about Reed and, like Punisher and Doctor Strange, I'm sure the Four have a documentary made about them.

TheManWithoutFear said:
So the Ultimate Fantastic Four aren't big time celebs yet?? That's a downer one of the things that seperates them from the rest of our heroes is that they're publicly accepted and backed financially. So does anyone think we'll be seeing this down the road in the Ultimate Universe because I hope so...

I think they'll eventually do a 2 issue arc on them as celebrities.

Well, in the first Vol of the Ultimates Nick is talking about The fantastic four, becuase Banner is asking about them joining The ultimates. Nick says they had some problems with ther naughbors and there's no way they could join. Well, i don't really know about this ... maybe the press call 'em The fantastic four?

Well, that little error hasn't been explained, however, fear not! Millar has assured us that he's going to take care of the continuity errors in one panel.

Goodwill said:
Well, that little error hasn't been explained, however, fear not! Millar has assured us that he's going to take care of the continuity errors in one panel.
Can't wait to see this. Then we can finally see how these guys can be recognized without any continuity garbage. But yeah, having the press dub them the 'Fantastic Four' sounds cool.

I think you're right, Ice. A lot of what is holding the FF back is that we don't know where they are yet... I mean, almost twenty issues into the series and we're still asking that question...

Haha, it would be kinda cool if the FF became so big celebs that Nick would become pissed off for them taking The Ultimates celeb status :D Then sending The Ultimates to teach 'em a lesson ... nah just me dreaming :(

Nah...

The Ultimates will be taking out Chitauri leftover bases and the FF are investigating at the same time... They all fight and end up allying against Super-Skrull.

SeAcoW said:
Haha, it would be kinda cool if the FF became so big celebs that Nick would become pissed off for them taking The Ultimates celeb status :D Then sending The Ultimates to teach 'em a lesson ... nah just me dreaming :(

Well, it's funny how the Ultimates will fight the X-Men with no problem, however, I don't think they would ever, ever fight the FF.

Goodwill said:
Well, it's funny how the Ultimates will fight the X-Men with no problem, however, I don't think they would ever, ever fight the FF.
Same here.

When (yes, WHEN!) the UFF become celebs, they'll become liked and adored and all that jazz. If the Ultimates were ever to fight them, people will be VERY pissed with the Ultimates. And that'll just give the public another reason to hate the government.

Goodwill said:
I hope you don't count in the Hulk in the Ultimates :?
Thing vs. Hulk is a classic fight and SHOULD happen.

Has anyone suggested the UFF becoming a sister group to the Ultimates? I mean, they are supposed to be funded by Tony Stark. What if Tony and Fury came to the UFF and asked them to be a sort of a scientific version of the Ultimates. Basically, if there is an alien invasion by guys that they know,they call in the Ultimates. When a portal opens in the middle of NYC and mutated insects start pouring out of it, and they have no idea what's going on, they call the UFF to investigate and take care of the problem. They'd be like the Ultimates' smart little brother.

Guys... enough with the X-Men Vs. Ultimates or Ultimates Vs. Fantastic Four or any hero vs. hero. Whatever happened in Nightmare was only because the X-Men are kids and were not supposed to be there in Fury's eyes. It was not a fight fight in the sense that someone would be killed because no one would've gotten killed. Sorry I just hate when people referr to things like this because I just don't think they understand what really happens and they keep going back to the famous "who would win in a fight" scenerio we play out as kids. Comics are smarter these days.

Moonmaster I agree with the UFF being a sister group. Don't they all work under the government now anyway, though?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Guys... enough with the X-Men Vs. Ultimates or Ultimates Vs. Fantastic Four or any hero vs. hero. Whatever happened in Nightmare was only because the X-Men are kids and were not supposed to be there in Fury's eyes. It was not a fight fight in the sense that someone would be killed because no one would've gotten killed. Sorry I just hate when people referr to things like this because I just don't think they understand what really happens and they keep going back to the famous "who would win in a fight" scenerio we play out as kids. Comics are smarter these days.

Moonmaster I agree with the UFF being a sister group. Don't they all work under the government now anyway, though?

I haven't read UFF in a while so I'm not sure if you're right about the UFF working for the goverment, but it would make sense. Wasn't Peter Parker told that when he turns 18, he'll be under S.H.I.E.L.D. control? I believe the UFF are all in the 18-21 year old range.

Oh, and I noticed people talking about the continuity mess and how the UFF were mentioned Ultimates #2. I'm sorry to say there's another screw-up. In Wizard #0 they ran a prologue to Ultimate Six. In one panel you can see Reed, Sue and I think Johnnie on TV screens in the background in Time Square. Just thought I'd mention that.

moonmaster said:
I haven't read UFF in a while so I'm not sure if you're right about the UFF working for the goverment, but it would make sense. Wasn't Peter Parker told that when he turns 18, he'll be under S.H.I.E.L.D. control? I believe the UFF are all in the 18-21 year old range.

Oh, and I noticed people talking about the continuity mess and how the UFF were mentioned Ultimates #2. I'm sorry to say there's another screw-up. In Wizard #0 they ran a prologue to Ultimate Six. In one panel you can see Reed, Sue and I think Johnnie on TV screens in the background in Time Square. Just thought I'd mention that.

The UFF have been working for the goverment since before they were formed. Johnny, Sue, and Reed were all in the Program at The Baxter Building, and Benn Grimm showed up at the test site with his dog tags a hangin. They were either transfered or sequestered.

Are they working for the government or are they simply property of the government? I mean, they are being treated like people, yes, but Ben isn't allowed out and, in the first and second arc, they weren't exactly treated nicely when ever they flexed their muscle, so to speak.

Goodwill said:
Are they working for the government or are they simply property of the government? I mean, they are being treated like people, yes, but Ben isn't allowed out and, in the first and second arc, they weren't exactly treated nicely when ever they flexed their muscle, so to speak.

I think it's both right now. Aren't the public just scared of Grimm right now?

Goodwill said:

They are prob property of the goverment, until the goverment desides what to do with them. Like taking Down Dr.Doom wasn't legal at all !

Latest posts

Back