Ultimate Celebrity Status...

Goodwill said:
UFF needs something to build upon because, right now, they are wandering aimlessly.

I dont think so. I think that so far its good. They want to get rid of their powers and why would Betty Ross ever want to represent the Fantastic Four? Maybe, if she does represnet them she's the one that comes up with the name.

What I'm saying is, pretty soon, they are going to run out of things to do in the title because the FF aren't a bunch of people who have a colorful villain gallery, you know what I mean? It can't continue without change is what I'm trying to say.

Goodwill said:
What I'm saying is, pretty soon, they are going to run out of things to do in the title because the FF aren't a bunch of people who have a colorful villain gallery, you know what I mean? It can't continue without change is what I'm trying to say.

Goodwill I totally agree as far as plot points and good storys to tell the UFF should be the first Ultimate Title to end.

René said:
why would Betty Ross ever want to represent the Fantastic Four?

What if it's not her choice - she's assigned to represent them (they are military after all)?

That could also add to the title. I think any change at this point will be beneficial, especially with the thought process that tumbles inside of Millar's Scottish head. ;)

René said:
I dont think so. I think that so far its good. They want to get rid of their powers and why would Betty Ross ever want to represent the Fantastic Four? Maybe, if she does represnet them she's the one that comes up with the name.

Well, first off, only Reed and Ben are interested getting rid of their powers. Sue sees herself as a biological mystery to be explored while Johnny enjoys the euphoric kick of his abilities.

Second, I doubt the UFF will ever really be able to get rid of their powers for a long-term storyline, at least not so soon. Meaning sooner or later, they will have to accept their fates and go public in some capacity.

Third, Betty Ross works PR for SHIELD, which means her job could easily be reassigned to the UFF as a government deal, since they are still a government-funded team of explorers (their current mission in the N Zone is still technically a government endeavor).

I think, if it weren't for Ben, Reed would keep his powers, too... He knows that, scientifically he, too, is a mystery of sorts and I think it would be a complicated procedure for him to endure. Hell, Ben, too... They have the most physically changed powers of all of the team, right?

So I'm not chronology expert. Some of you are :twisted: . Anyway, I was thinking if Ultimate Secret takes place after the events of this currect UFF Arc, do you think the events in US will give the Ultimate Fantastic Four some Ultimate Recognition?

TheManWithoutFear said:
So I'm not chronology expert. Some of you are :twisted: . Anyway, I was thinking if Ultimate Secret takes place after the events of this currect UFF Arc, do you think the events in US will give the Ultimate Fantastic Four some Ultimate Recognition?
What exactly do you mean by Ultimate Recognition?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Anyway, I was thinking if Ultimate Secret takes place after the events of this currect UFF Arc, do you think the events in US will give the Ultimate Fantastic Four some Ultimate Recognition?
Well, then how and when would that be mentioned in the UFF timeline? (I'm asking whoever can answer). I mean, wouldn't that cause more continuity problems, since than that will mean it will take place in "current time" with the UFF, but it was said that the minis with the Ultimates take place between Vol. 1 and 2, but 2 is current time also?

TOO MUCH CONTINUITY MESS! AAAAAAAAAAAAAH! :crazy:

I think that MwoF may be trying to say that they aren't like Hollywood celebrities this time around, rather, they would be scientific celebrities in a sense that they've done all of these great explorations and have discovered so much that even the general public would know them. That way, you could eliminate the whole Betty Ross idea so they can still be themselves, you know? If that's what you were trying to say, MwoF, I agree with you. ;)_

What would? The fact that, after the Cross-Over arc, he reports to the world that there are altnernate realities? I don't think so, it's not like people are going to be rampaging to get to the other reality...

Goodwill said:
What would? The fact that, after the Cross-Over arc, he reports to the world that there are altnernate realities? I don't think so, it's not like people are going to be rampaging to get to the other reality...
No, no. He said that they should be recognized from Ultimate Secret, and that that recognition should be mentioned in UFF. In UFF, right now it's the "current time", as in it's not happening in the past or whatever. That meaning that Ultimate Secret would be happening in the "current time" as well. But as it has been said, the minis involving the Ultimates are supposed to be happening between the first and second volume. So if Volume 2 of the Ultimates is "current time", how can Ultimate Secret have happened before that, if that also is current time? That's the confusion that would add more continuity mess to the UFF.

Oh, yeah... Dude, I don't know where all of that's going to fit in... I thought it was still between Ultimates 1 and 2.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Ice, that's what I was asking someone to check up on me for. Where does the mini fall?
From what I read somewhere Millar saying, he said that the minis with the Ultimates take place in between Ultimates Vol. 1 and 2.

We'd have to ask, though, since things have moved on and I think things have been relatively in the same place right now.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Well since we're dealing with Fantastic Four where does it fall with them?
That's the thing. The UFF is supposed to be happening at the same time as Ultimates Vol. 2, both being in "current time".

Latest posts

Back