Ultimate Celebrity Status...

This thought just came to me:

What if Reed became such a famous scientist, that it just made Hank Pym so angry? What do you guys think would happen?

I don't think that would amount to anything... Pym's not one to start a fight with a fellow scientist. He'd be envious, sure, but I don't think there'd be any fight.

Goodwill said:
I don't think that would amount to anything... Pym's not one to start a fight with a fellow scientist. He'd be envious, sure, but I don't think there'd be any fight.
Man, it's just a hypothetcally spec. Aren't you just the joy killer. :roll:

Goodwill said:
Pym's not one to start a fight with a fellow scientist. He'd be envious, sure, but I don't think there'd be any fight.

I disagree - he seems like EXACTLY the type to start something out of jealousy.

Honest to God!! :( I feel like it's just attack Goodwill day.

Goodwill I agree with you again. I think if for whatever reason they got together Pym would be jealous of Reed and probably annoyed that Reed was just a kid. I don't think he'd blow anything up over it though.

Ice, you asked a question and then Goodwill answered it. I don't understand why you snapped back at him? He wasn't rude or anything he was running with your discussion, that's all.

E, I don't know if you could be right or wrong we haven't seen Pym in that type of situation. But it's not like he did anything to blow up the Trisk. when he was let go. I don't remember him sabotaging Banner's work on the Super-Soldier serum either. If he was really that kind of guy he would've been weary of Banner's work and would've done something to it. Again this is just a rant as part of my Hank Pym is a misunderstood man who is trying his damnedest to reform.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
Ice, you asked a question and then Goodwill answered it. I don't understand why you snapped back at him? He wasn't rude or anything he was running with your discussion, that's all.
First of all, you need to calm down. Seriously.

Second of all, GW did not answer my question. I asked what if that happened. Wether it would actually happen in the comics or not FOR REAL was not what I meant by the question. I just asked what would happen if it did, hypothetically. As in, IF [<--key word] it did actually happen, what would go down.

:roll:

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
Honest to God!! :( I feel like it's just attack Goodwill day.

All I did was disagree.

And that's the end of that. Back on topic.

I think if Reed got hired by SHIELD to do Hanks old job, Hank might be annoyed and upset, but he's not one to attack Reed for it...

Nope, instead I think Pym would have a breakdown and

Option 1: Create another personality (Yellowjacket) to kill Reed.

Option 2: Create an AI slave (Ultron) to sabatage Reeds projects, only Ultron gains intellegence and decides to persue his own agenda.

Nurhachi said:
I think if Reed got hired by SHIELD to do Hanks old job, Hank might be annoyed and upset, but he's not one to attack Reed for it...

Option 2: Create an AI slave (Ultron) to sabatage Reeds projects, only Ultron gains intellegence and decides to persue his own agenda.
Hmm...not bad thoughts...

Nurhachi said:

He's clearly got some issues with competition.

Goodwill said:
Yes, but I seriously doubt he would spin out enough to exact revenge on his competition.

Of course he would, he lashes out on the suspicion of opposition or competition.

I'd still say breakdown. Its part of Hanks persona. You cant have Hank Pym without his psycho breakdowns

Well, I think he's since reformed from that sort of behavior, realizing that his reputation and impression that he's made has been tarnished. I do doubt that Pym would do anything.

Latest posts

Back