Ultimate Central the Fanfic: Team Up

Ultimate Houde

UC's Resident Genetic Recombinator
UCFFteamup1.jpg

Beginning Wednesday, the Ultimate Central the Fanfic returns with the Team Up series.

After the events of the nonexistant Issue 50, Ultimate Houde was left a scarred man, emotionally and physically. Going back to his home in Boston, he wonders where his missing girlfriend could have ended up. Getting a call from his old high school friend, Victor Von Doom, he travels to Freemark, Illinois to help him out.

It seems a monster is rampaging through town.

Marvelman, ever since the power of Dr.Strangefate turned him, has become even more and more mentally imbalanced. Now, berefit of sleep, Marvelman can think of only of the person who changed with him. Following Ultimate Houde to Freemark was the easy part, but will he be able to get out?

Come in on the ground running on the five issue arc entitled Found, available Wednesdays. Retailer please note, there will be a 50:50 cover ratio between the Slimjim cover (shown) and the JonnyFreeze variant(not shown...yet)).

Time for a new year, a new era, new powers and a new set of characters. Welcome to Ultimate Central the Fanfic: Team up issues.

Enjoy.

i might re-do some of those variants for you houde. i think i did a ****ty job on some of them and for that....im sorry :cry:

Sweet, it's like One Year Later, only better.

UCFFteamup1.jpg

Beginning Wednesday, the Ultimate Central the Fanfic returns with the Team Up series.

After the events of the nonexistant Issue 50, Ultimate Houde was left a scarred man, emotionally and physically. Going back to his home in Boston, he wonders where his missing girlfriend could have ended up. Getting a call from his old high school friend, Victor Von Doom, he travels to Freemark, Illinois to help him out.

It seems a monster is rampaging through town.

Marvelman, ever since the power of Dr.Strangefate turned him, has become even more and more mentally imbalanced. Now, berefit of sleep, Marvelman can think of only of the person who changed with him. Following Ultimate Houde to Freemark was the easy part, but will he be able to get out?

Come in on the ground running on the five issue arc entitled Found, available Wednesdays. Retailer please note, there will be a 50:50 cover ratio between the Slimjim cover (shown) and the JonnyFreeze variant(not shown...yet)).

Time for a new year, a new era, new powers and a new set of characters. Welcome to Ultimate Central the Fanfic: Team up issues.

Enjoy.

W00t!!!!! Seriously...

UCFFteamup1var.jpg

Boston, Ma
12 Years Ago

Houde walked into the schoolyard, for the first day of his tenth year of highschool. Adjusting his nerdy glasses, and shouldering the overflowing bag of nerdy goodies, that included notebooks, three ring binders, and papers. He was also smiling, showing off those nice pair of braces.

The moment he entered the yard, the bullies sensed prey. The biggest one approached first, mocking Houde.
Houde: Hey, could you tell me where my homeroom is?
Bully: Is it up your ***?

The other bullies laughed at the nonsensical joke.
Houde: I don't get it…
Bully: Look, the smart kid doesn't get something.

Again the laughter, several other highschoolers came by to look at the obvious upcoming fight. One of them, dressed in an ROTC uniform, a big black teen, looked on.
Houde: Oh, I get it now, very funny, you must be good with riddles.
Bully: Whatever.
Houde: Try this one. Which kid is going to kick your ***?
Bully: Screw you kid.

The big black man in the crowd raised an eyebrow.
Houde: Me.

He swung the bag full of goodies in an arc, catching the bully in the chin, which went down screaming. The bully's chin split open, and blood began to gush out.
Bully: You bastard! Come on guys, let's get him.

The bully's friends tackled Houde, bringing him down to the ground. The lead bully stood up, smiling.
Bully: Hold him down for me guys.

The big black man spoke up
Victor von Doom: I don't think so.

He swung a fist, smashing the lead bully in the neck, dropping him once more. The other ones panicked, and ran off. Victor helped Houde up to his feet.
Victor von Doom: Stupid n00bs.
Houde: Thanks a lot, man, they broke my glasses.
Victor von Doom: Don't worry about it, chicks dig guys without glasses.
Houde: You think?
Victor von Doom: I get them, don't I?
Houde Good point…but you're not a nerd
Victor Von Doom: Well, we can't all be perfect, now can we?

~~
Boston, MA
Present Day
One week after the events of #50

The apartment had no one within it. The shades were all closed in the studio, so even tonight, with the Red Star reflecting a boatloads of light, the room was pitch black. If one could see the room however they would notice several unusual things. First was a massive pile of mail on the table directly where one would walk in, a culmination of several weeks. A couple newspapers where thrown on the table as well, the newest being one that showed the Avatars saving the United Nations from Slimjim's zombies. The answering machine blinked with new messages, several of them in fact. But it's blinking was pointless, the owner wouldn't care.

The door to the apartment opened slowly, and its owner walked in. He ignored the massive amount of mail that was on the table, as well as the steady blinking of the answering machine light. Slamming the door shut behind him, he let the darkness of the room engulf him before he meandered over to the bed. If one could see his face, one would realize he has been through hell. His body was scarred several times over, his face no longer pristine as it once was, now, covered in scar tissue. The same went with his the rest of his body, changing him to a freak. The irony of this was that if he did ever find his girlfriend, she may not even recognize him now. The man groaned with the effort of undressing, wincing as he felt new bruises and cuts on his body.

He is the Ultimate Houde.

And he needs a vacation; his mind has been frayed by the last battle he was in, the one that scarred him for life. He closed his eyes, seeking the peacefulness of sleep. And it overtakes him quickly.

UCFFteamup1.jpg

Slimjim Cover
UCFFteamup1var.jpg

Jonnyfreeze cover

When the site Ultimate Central began giving people incredible abilities, its creator, Ultimate E created a team of heroes to bring justice to the world and deal with the astounding effects of the site. Of those affected, one claims no allegiance, instead wandering the globe looking for his long lost girlfriend. He is Ultimate Houde. His counterpart is Marvelman, a delusional ninja, who resembles a ferret and is insane. These two share a common history, and their fates are soon to be intertwined.

~ NURHACHI PRESENTS ~
ULTIMATE CENTRAL
THE FANFIC

Team up

Starring Ultimate Houde and Victor Von Doom in:
Freemark, Illinois

Volume 1, Issue 1, By Ultimate Houde

Ultimate Houde – A samurai who wields a sword that emits fire. His sword can also slice reality to form portals.
Marvelman- A ferret boy ninja who wields a sword that can be covered in frost. His sword allows him to teleport.

A Dream

He was in a small town, somewhere; he has been to so many. He was walking in the back streets, looking for clues, why here, he knows not why, only that he may find something here.

He hears screaming, and the hero in him awakens.

Ultimate Houde runs towards the screams…

Boston Ma

The phone rang, causing Ultimate Houde to leave his dream, a restless dream of trying to find an object that never existed. He answered the phone out of habit that's breed into all humans.
Ultimate Houde: Hello..
Victor Von Doom: Houde? That you man.
Ultimate Houde: Yeah, who is this?
Victor Von Doom: Its Victor, from high school man, remember?

Ultimate Houde's memory drifted to high school, which felt like a different lifetime. He remembered Victor, a big black man who hung out with the nerdy white kid. He was an old friend who went into the military.
Ultimate Houde: How you doing Vic?
Victor Von Doom: Saw you on the news man, you okay?
Ultimate Houde: I asked you first.
Victor Von Doom: Good point, you did. Everything is going good over here, well, sort of going good..
Ultimate Houde: Is there a problem?
Victor Von Doom: Yea, sort of, well, a better way to put it is…well, hell man, you need to come here and see it.
Ultimate Houde: Victor, in the past few months, I have been betrayed, attacked, someone tried to kill me, someone almost succeeded in killing me, and now I've been disfigured for helping out the greater good. I haven't talked to you for years, and then you call me out of the blue. Hell, this speech has drained me, me being the man of a few words. So, what's up?
Victor Von Doom: I took in one of you Centralites a few days ago. She's in danger I think, and to top it off zombies have been spotted on the outskirts of our small little town.
Ultimate Houde: So you need help?
Victor Von Doom: Yea.
Ultimate Houde: Where are you?
Victor Von Doom: Freemark Illinois man, I can spare money for a plane…
Ultimate Houde: Don't worry about that, I'll be there.
Victor Von Doom: I didn't know superhero'ing paid the bills.
Ultimate Houde: It don't, but I have ways.

The sword next to Ultimate Houde's bed gleamed in the darkness.
Ultimate Houde: See you soon.

Somewhere else

Marvelman slammed his fist into the wall again in fury. His mind was a mess these days, and it wasn't getting any better. It felt like a multitude of fireworks were going off in his head, and the ninja was feeling the effects. He hasn't had a good night sleep since the fight in the junkyard that began this whole thing. His body felt as if it was going to explode with something, he was constantly itchy, and his hair felt like it was red hot. Marvelman was a mess would be the understatement of the year.

He wanted peace.

He thought of his first foe, the one he fought first in the mall, then in the junkyard, a ninja like him, but unlike him, determined.

Marvelman felt a pull.

Whenever Ultimate Houde or Marvelman port, they cut reality in a certain harmonic, or frequency. Since they both use the same frequency, they can feel it when each other teleports. It took Marvelman a few months to figure out why he felt those strange pulls every now and then. A few weeks later, he figured out he can tune into the same place, and port there as well.

Marvelman wanted to end it all.

Might as well go down in a blaze of glory.

Marvelman focused, and sliced reality, jumping through the hole he created…

Outskirts of Freemark, Illinois

Freemark, Illinois is a small town nestled in the mountains of Illinois. Not much happens in this small town, except maybe how Billy and Nelly went out last night, and how much Tom is charging for gas these days, oh and did you hear about what happened in Greg's farm last week, wasn't that atrocious?

Editor's note- The author despises small towns, so we deleted the rest of those snarky comments from this paragraph.

Anyways, it was on the outskirts of this small town, at night, that Ultimate Houde appears. He steps through confidently, his sword strapped to his back as usual, and a small duffle bag in his hand. He scanned the night area well, looking for anyone to come at him. Ultimate Houde stepped forward before he realized what was wrong with the picture. There was no noise, nothing, not even crickets.

Ultimate Houde ran and he felt a strange pull.

Behind him, Marvelman appeared, his sword strapped to his side, black katana to Ultimate Houde's white. He saw Ultimate Houde running away, and cocked his head to the side, smiling, revealing a fanged tooth.
Marvelman: Lookie lookie, I got Ultimate Houdey. Hey, that rhymes. I'm a poet and I didn't even know it. Damn I'm good.

Then Marvelman felt it too, a strange foreboding sensation. Pulling out the katana, its black edge reflecting the light of the moon, he saw movement, quick movement on the side. It was another person, a big person. The person was running after Ultimate Houde, so Marvelman followed, creeping.

Victor was out, waiting for Ultimate Houde to arrive, but it was too bad he was on the wrong side of town. His passenger, slim and girlish by what was visible beneath the cloak, was skittish, looking at every sound as if it would jump out at her.
Victor Von Doom: Relax, I'm with you.
Girl: I should have stayed at your house.
Victor Von Doom: I may need your help out here tonight, not for the big guy, but for those relentless zombies that are walking around. Your energy spears do more damage than my guns.
Girl: Did you see that?

She pointed at a flash of light, Ultimate Houde's portal, which was followed by another flash.
Victor Von Doom: That may be him, hold on.

Ultimate Houde almost made it to town before he was struck in the back by what felt like a brick house. The forward momentum causing him to face plant into the ground, and he skidded for a few feet. When Ultimate Houde came to a rest, he was picked up, and he felt his sword get ripped off his person, and then he was flung into the side of an abandoned house. Ultimate Houde slammed into the wall, the decaying wood breaking easily, and into the house. Cursing, he tried to get his bearing.

Marvelman couldn't help but laugh as Ultimate Houde was tossed around like a rag doll. The assailant was someone that Marvelman hadn't seen before, a giant of a man, his upper body disproportioned to his lower body. He had a Mohawk of white hair, and wearing sunglasses, at night.
Marvelman: If this guy wins though, I won't get my final duel, now will I?

So, Marvelman went to go help out Ultimate Houde, but his foot wouldn't move. Looking down, he saw a skeletal hand grabbing his ankle.
Marvelman: This can't be good….

Other hands came up from the earth, and wrapped around the ninja. They pulled at him, dragging him into the soft ground.
Marvelman: Oh crap….

Was all that Marvelman got to say as he was dragged into ground; within seconds, he was gone.

Ultimate Houde threw some spare boards off of him, and tried to orientate himself. He caught a quick glimpse of the man in front of him, the giant with the grotesque upper body. Ultimate Houde kicked out, catching the man in the midsection, causing no effective damage whatsoever. Again Ultimate Houde got picked up, and put into a bear hug. Ultimate Houde aimed blows on the man's face and neck, but nothing seemed to faze the giant, and Ultimate Houde slowly blacked out. Right before he passed out, he saw headlights of a Jeep coming over the bend.

The giant continued his squeeze, looking to get the breath out of Ultimate Houde's body. But then he saw the Jeep, and tossed Ultimate Houde to the side.
Giant: Ah, Victor, how nice to see you? Perhaps you were thinking of replacing me?
Victor Von Doom: Selfproclaimed, what part of former partner do you not understand?
Selfproclaimed: Victor, I feel betrayed. And you brought the girl I'm looking for also, as a gift maybe? Hello pretty.

The girl seemed repulsed by the giant.
Victor Von Doom: Stay in the car, I'll handle him.
Selfproclaimed: I don't feel like fighting you tonight Vic, take my replacement, I'd rather fight the both of you at the same time, just so you know how much stronger I am than you.

The giant cackled, and ran off; Victor let him go, grabbing Ultimate Houde, and bringing him to the car.
Girl: Is he okay? He looks burnt…
Victor Von Doom: I have no idea, let's get him back to the house…

They tossed Ultimate Houde into the car, and went to drive off when the girl pointed at Ultimate Houde's sword. Victor ran out, grabbed it, and they drove back to Victor's house.

Ultimate Houde dreamed.

Last edited:
Yeah but we're on the internet so shouldn't it be faster?

It could be, but then it would be over faster and people would start remembering that UCtFF#50 hasn't come out yet... And we wouldn't want that, now, would we?

And yes... Houde and I agreed on a weekly schedule with wednesday releases. Once Baxter's run starts up after Bass' issue 50 (and there is progress being made... i assure you i'm being much more of a hard *** about it then I have been... its coming), and UC Team-Up and the regular ongoing are running side-by-side, we'll figure out a way to release the two weekly in a better way... perhaps tuesdays and thursdays or something.

It could be, but then it would be over faster and people would start remembering that UCtFF#50 hasn't come out yet... And we wouldn't want that, now, would we?

And yes... Houde and I agreed on a weekly schedule with wednesday releases. Once Baxter's run starts up after Bass' issue 50 (and there is progress being made... i assure you i'm being much more of a hard *** about it then I have been... its coming), and UC Team-Up and the regular ongoing are running side-by-side, we'll figure out a way to release the two weekly in a better way... perhaps tuesdays and thursdays or something.

Sounds good.

UCFFTeamup2.jpg

Cover by Slimjim

In the next issue of Ultimate Central the Fanfic: Team Up, Houde's past and present begin their slow collision course. Houde makes a startiling discovery about the cloaked girl that's under Victor Von Doom's protection. The three of them venture into the woods of Freemark in search of Selfproclaimed.

Meanwhile, Marvelman makes a deal with a villian that has been around for a long time. What does this villian want? How does this fit into Marvelman's plans to finally stop his madness?

Tune in for part two of five, Out in the Woods.

Retailers please note, there is a 50/50 ratio between the Slimjim Cover and the JonnyFreeze varient cover.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back