Ultimate Comics Avengers #1 preview

You're crazy. He doesn't look anything like Michael Jackson.

Last edited:
I'm baffled as to how Magneto's rampage was Obama's fault. Or is this just Nick being a whiney ***** because he's unemployed.

And as far as we know, it's still a crime to be a mutant.

Why does hawkeye still look like an idiot?

No idea, it's like the 90's called and someone at Marvel answered the phone.

Last edited:
hm.... It would have been nice if they'd given us a preview that teased us a little more. Right now, it's just basically just everything that's been outlined in the first solicitation.

He may look like Sam L, but he talks like a self-referencing Millar:

"I've been gone 10 minutes and the place has gone to hell" :)

Has there been any point in the last ten years where the Triskelion hasn't just been destroyed and is in the process of being rebuilt? As far as I can remember, it always looks that way...

Has there been any point in the last ten years where the Triskelion hasn't just been destroyed and is in the process of being rebuilt? As far as I can remember, it always looks that way...

Seconds before the Moondragon Clones attacked.

As do I.

You're crazy. He doesn't look anything like Michael Jackson.

:lol::lol::lol:

Why does hawkeye still look like an idiot?

I was hoping that Fury would tell Hawkeye to "get out of that ridiculous costume."

I'm just glad Hawkeye isn't yelling anymore. Preview looks good.

It's great he's not yelling.

It's surprising how much better these few pages are.

Fury talks sense, and quickly explains how he was ALWAYS right with his war-footing and that they should've killed Magneto ages ago. It's bizarre because in GTA, Millar made Fury very much a 'bad guy', yet here, he points out that without his war-footing and hard touch, big booms. (But then, GTA happened BECAUSE of the war footing...) It's just... the complexity of the issue becomes apparent quickly.

Also, I like how Hawkeye is professional. He's not talking to Fury, he's briefing him on the situation. He's a black ops man, and he knows a LOT about things that are going on.

And finally, this takes place three weeks after ULTIMATUM. Making the entire event pointless. We will not see the desperate rebuilding of Manhattan or the rest of the world. We will have, for the first arcs, some people mention casually that something/one died/crumbled and we'll see scaffolding. Then it will never be brought up again.

And good riddance to it.

As nice as these pages are, for me, the credibility of the Ultimate line is pushed to breaking point. I can't take it seriously anymore. It just feels like HEROES.

Nonsense.

As do I.

:lol::lol::lol:

I was hoping that Fury would tell Hawkeye to "get out of that ridiculous costume."

It's great he's not yelling.

It's surprising how much better these few pages are.

Fury talks sense, and quickly explains how he was ALWAYS right with his war-footing and that they should've killed Magneto ages ago. It's bizarre because in GTA, Millar made Fury very much a 'bad guy', yet here, he points out that without his war-footing and hard touch, big booms. (But then, GTA happened BECAUSE of the war footing...) It's just... the complexity of the issue becomes apparent quickly.

Also, I like how Hawkeye is professional. He's not talking to Fury, he's briefing him on the situation. He's a black ops man, and he knows a LOT about things that are going on.

And finally, this takes place three weeks after ULTIMATUM. Making the entire event pointless. We will not see the desperate rebuilding of Manhattan or the rest of the world. We will have, for the first arcs, some people mention casually that something/one died/crumbled and we'll see scaffolding. Then it will never be brought up again.

And good riddance to it.

As nice as these pages are, for me, the credibility of the Ultimate line is pushed to breaking point. I can't take it seriously anymore. It just feels like HEROES.

Nonsense.

Now personally I don't care if I can't the Ultimate line seriously, I care about individual stories then I do about a whole line of titles.

If this story is good, I would read it, to me ULTIMATUM sucking has no effect for me as whether I would buy this story or not.

Besides we have some more interesting villains for the Ultiamtes to fight, that's a good hook.

Nonsense.

Oh come on. Thats like saying because Scientology is what it is, no one should join a cult disguised as a religion. ;)

It looks promising. Moreso than any Ultimate title has in years, with the exception of the Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk and Ultimate Human (IM vs. Hulk) minis.

I kinda like how fury very much resembles millar, especially with the way he words things. It could easily be translated to fury's input being millar's.

Latest posts

Back