Ultimate Comics Avengers (Discussion & Spoilers)

The annual he did for Mark Millar stuck out like a sore thumb from the rest of the series.
Urgh, I remember that my first thought was why they got such a ****ty artist for such a great title.
But then...

Steve Dillon's great.
Not on superhero comics. :(

I agree with both of these statements... Dillon on titles like Ultimate Avengers, Ultimates or Ultimate X-Men is just bad news, however I would be lying if I said I didn't think his art in the ongoing PunisherMAX isn't awesome and fits the comic really well :D

little edit (and offtopic):
You mean like The Human Centipede?
I saw the trailer for that movie once, it sorta grossed me out :p

Last edited:
Not on superhero comics. :(

Agreed.

I just don't like his style, but it's got this creepiness to it that fits great in places. He did a Supreme Power Nighthawk mini that had this weird killer clown and it was perfect for that. There was one part where the clown was just standing there watching TV and started peeing on the floor or something...weird stuff.

Some of his work on Punisher MAX right not fits pretty well too. The naked Bullseye stuff specifically.

I guess what I'm saying is that he's good at drawing weird naked men.

I guess what I'm saying is that he's good at drawing weird naked men.

I generally consider an artist good if he/she is able to draw something realistic, based on what I've seen, or what I envision. Based on this..... forget it.

Wow. That latest issue? Actually pretty ok. Granted, I liked the first couple issues of the first arc too, and I really don't see how Ghost Rider is going to mesh with the whole Ultimate Continuity.

I hope they keep Cash around. The idea of a scientist that hated his body and turned himself into an amoral ***face is, I think, an interesting take on the Hulk concept. And he's LEAGUES better than ****ing Nerd Hulk.

Last edited:
These characters are so uninteresting I can barely make myself read the issues.

I enjoyed the latest issue. Yu is awesome.

So I just read an interview with Millar and he said the new Daredevil is just a 12 year old boy.

And Blade has a dream where he kills Robert Pattinson.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back