Ultimate Comics Spider-Man (discussion/spoilers)

I heard that he is back for good :s
Its not that his art is bad. I just don't think that his art suits the stories being told right now. I'm loving the art by Pichelli. I wish she would stay on as the main artist.
But as long as it's not Immonen returning i won't be too fussed. God his women in USM looked like men with massive chins!!

But as long as it's not Immonen returning i won't be too fussed. God his women in USM looked like men with massive chins!!

I didn't like Immonen at all at first, but he grew on me. And I think he improved too. Some of his covers were gorgeous. I think he's one of those artists that has a very simplistic style and doesn't worry too much about detail, but when he really works hard on something (like a cover) it's gorgeous.

Well I didn't think we were getting all serious about it.

I don't really hate his art, but he is far and away the most inconsistent artist I've seen, particularly with faces. It bugs me because in one panel Peter will look like a high school student, then in the next he'll look like he's in his late 20s. It's jarring and takes away from the story.

Bagley was one of the first artists that I really recognized for his personal style and as an art student at the time it influenced me significantly. This was back around the time he was doing Amazing Spider-Man with David Michelinie (I just spent 5 minutes looking up the spelling on his name).

David Michelinie (I just spent 5 minutes looking up the spelling on his name).

i have his name memorized from making pages on tpbwiki haha

i just realized something. We never talked about the fact that Peter Parker FINALLY tuned 16 a few issues ago! (Remember when that was a big deal and we all talked about when he was going to turn 16? ...where's DIB when I need him?)

Bendis said that, even with all the changes, "there are some things that if you take them away, it's no longer Spider-Man -- even more than Peter Parker." He also said that there will be new characters and new powers, based on "spider-research."

i wonder how they're going to pull that off without it seeming too convenient?

and the question about Gwen wearing a Ms. Marvel shirt, do they mean in the "Ultimate Fallout" covers? She's just wearing a sleeveless black shirt. And they immediately thought of Ms. Marvel?

Latest posts

Back