Ultimate Comics Spider-Man (discussion/spoilers)

Spidey fights the Ringer again and beats him but causes $2.7 million in property damage.

Carol Danvers talks to Iron Man, Cap, and Thor about what to do with him.
They each tell stories about their encounters with him.

Iron Man thinks he's smart and brave and should be rewarded
Cap thinks he's too young and shouldn't be allowed to be Spider-Man
Thor thinks he's a warrior with tremendous potential and needs to be trained

So SHIELD and Danvers show up at the Parker residence and tell him that he has to be trained by the Ultimates. And makes it very clear that's not a request.

The End

Wow, I thought it would be longer than a single issue before Danvers came to Peter. I thought she couldn't force him into anything?

Much better than the 100th issue and actually more relevant to the storyline. Issue 100 kinda pissed me off when you find out the whole thing is a fake flashback.

Why hasn't this been scanned yet? This, and Invincible Iron Man. I can't buy comics in Japan, Internet! I NEED YOU FOR MY FIX

Why hasn't this been scanned yet? This, and Invincible Iron Man. I can't buy comics in Brazil, Internet! I NEED YOU FOR MY FIX
Same here, except I'm also waiting for UA3 #4 :(

Last edited:
Just read #150, and it was... well, it was okay.
Not particularly bad, but not good too. Kind of boring I must say. The reprint of USMSS reminded me of how much I love Bagley's art though. It would be perfect if he came back to USM. With him, Lafuente and (ugh) Pichelli maybe we can have the book coming out two or three times in a month?* :D

*yeah, like that's going to happen

i take it you found a download link (did you ever find one for UA3 #4 yet?)

i agree, i miss bagley's art. but the story wasn't all that boring, just highly predictable. Stark takes risks, likes that in Spider-Man. Cap is very straight laced and hates that in Spider-Man. Thor is a warrior and likes that in Spider-Man. Danvers is trying to go the path of least resistence, let's train Spider-Man. Everybody's story was predictable, but they were at least decent at worst and a forward moving plot at best.

Aahh, no download link, I actually use EDIT where I can download my comics :)
They're usually released there the night of the day they're released, but for some reason a few comics from last week were only released this week (Invincible Iron Man #32, Secret Avengers #7, Ultimate Spider-Man #150), and unfortunately it seems no one has scanned UA3 #4 yet :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Carol Danvers is like a flowerpot, asking everybody to see if she does the good choice.
She wants that Peter grows but her character hasn't grown since years!

I miss her time when she had fun with Captain Marvel.

Aahh, no download link, I actually use EDIT where I can download my comics :)
They're usually released there the night of the day they're released, but for some reason a few comics from last week were only released this week (Invincible Iron Man #32, Secret Avengers #7, Ultimate Spider-Man #150), and unfortunately it seems no one has scanned UA3 #4 yet :(

Discussing the existence of filesharing is OK, directions of info on how to do it is not.

Discussing the existence of filesharing is OK, directions of info on how to do it is not.
The software I mentioned doesn't have a main server, it's a P2P program based on IRC, so if I don't share the hubs (servers) I use to illegally download my comic I don't see how it's a problem, I mean, it's a filesharing program and it can still be used for sharing legal stuff too. So, I mean, is it ok to at least mention the name of the software? Well, if not I completely understand, I can see how this can be a problem :p

So, I mean, is it ok to at least mention the name of the software?

Playing it totally safe, no. I know it sounds stupid; I'm just covering all the bases.

I've mentioned several times (as have at least a couple of the mods) that I get monthlies via P2P. But that's all that needs to be said.

is it just me or did Mysterio feel a bit out of character in this issue? It seemed weird to me that he was excited that the Black Cat knew who he was.

Anyway, i'm looking forward to where that's going.

This was another filler, set up issue. it was okay, but nothing great.

I like that Gwen is back already! And I liked her talk with May. It was sweet
The issue was ruined by stupid repeated panels though. Peter sitting with his mouth open for 3 panels in the cafeteria takes the sh*t-cake.

wow, talk about drawing the story out. More filler, flashbacks, set up, etc.

I didn't hate it, but something needs to happen soon.

Also: Fisk
controlled the underworld using the Zodiac Key (and what looks like the Eye of Agamotto).
I wonder if this will tie into
Ultimate Origins...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back