Ultimate Comics Spider-Man (discussion/spoilers)

Ultimate Spidey has always read better in trades. All decompressed stories do.

wow, talk about drawing the story out. More filler, flashbacks, set up, etc.

I didn't hate it, but something needs to happen soon.

Also: Fisk
controlled the underworld using the Zodiac Key (and what looks like the Eye of Agamotto).
I wonder if this will tie into
Ultimate Origins...

I kinda disagree with you on the story being drawn out. I like this book both for the superhero action and the teen drama. So I'm really happy with the talk Gwen en Pete had. And I'm looking forward to superhero school with Iron man.

Also, they only mentioned the zodiac-key being used by Fisk. The eye might just be something that Mysterio has. Which makes sense, because eyes were always part of his costume, even before he killed Fisk. If it is the eye of Agamotto, does that make mysterio the new doc. Strange? A villain that combines magic with technology? That seems interesting.

DOn't know if it's Lafuente (I think it's him) or Pichelli but much arts (except the part with Black Cat and Mysterio) were HORRIBLE! Look at Iron Man! he's a cubic armor drawn by John Romita...

I'm happy Bendis is trying to heal the Loebotomy. So Doctor Strange's body is taken by Mysterio, if I can judge by the Eye in his bag. It would be awesome if he uses magic illusions and other spells instead of technology.

DOn't know if it's Lafuente (I think it's him) or Pichelli but much arts (except the part with Black Cat and Mysterio) were HORRIBLE! Look at Iron Man! he's a cubic armor drawn by John Romita...

Actually it's both artists : the Black Cat/Mysterio story is drawn by Picelli, while the Peter/Gwen story is drawn by Lafuente. And I love both.

I'm happy Bendis is trying to heal the Loebotomy. So Doctor Strange's body is taken by Mysterio, if I can judge by the Eye in his bag. It would be awesome if he uses magic illusions and other spells instead of technology.

He seems to use both actually.

I kinda disagree with you on the story being drawn out. I like this book both for the superhero action and the teen drama. So I'm really happy with the talk Gwen en Pete had. And I'm looking forward to superhero school with Iron man.
Yeah, i generally like the personal life stuff too, but I've been waiting for the superhero training for two months and it keeps getting put off. I guess two months is that much in the grand scheme of things, but I came into this month's issue expecting to see Spidey and Iron man training together only to have Iron Man leave on the first page.

I like the stuff with Peter, Gwen, Bobby, Johnny, MJ, Aunt May, and whoever else, and the story with Mysterio and Black Cat is getting interesting, but it also feels like the story that I'm interested in (Peter's training) is being deliberately put off until it lines up with this big cross-over event coming up. Anyway, I'm done complaining.

Also, they only mentioned the zodiac-key being used by Fisk. The eye might just be something that Mysterio has. Which makes sense, because eyes were always part of his costume, even before he killed Fisk. If it is the eye of Agamotto, does that make mysterio the new doc. Strange? A villain that combines magic with technology? That seems interesting.

So Doctor Strange's body is taken by Mysterio, if I can judge by the Eye in his bag. It would be awesome if he uses magic illusions and other spells instead of technology.

...that's actually really cool. Mysterio was the one who took Dr Strange's body after he died, he uses the Eye of Agamotto and other magical relics for his powers. So he's NOT just all about illusions, he's also using real magic. Wow, Bendis, I'm impressed, that's a cool idea. Even just the design of Mysterio's suit, linking those creepy eyes that have always been a part of Myeterio's costume even in 616 to the eye of Agamotto. That's really clever.

Where is Bender? ;)

usm153b.jpg

It's too bad that Lafuente apparently doesn't read Atomic Robo, his style would have fit perfectly to draw a little cameo of him right here in that scene.

cool, i feel like this story is finally going somewhere. There have been a lot of issues in a row of flashbacks and talking, i'm glad we're starting to get to the point.

This isnt training. This is a team up. Altough Tony not being a teacher is kinda fitting for his character.

I have suspicions about who really is Mysterio..
First, Mysterio can't be killed, he's a sort of vapor or ether being.. like a spirit.
Second, Mysterio is interested by mystical objects (the Eye of Agamotto, the Zodiac Key).
Third, Mysterio can kinda make illusions and teleport (or astral plan maybe?).
Fourth, as the Ultimate Knights, Mysterio wanted to kill the Kingpin.
Fifth, Mysterio doesn't look like a bad guy, and like the celebrity.

Sound familiar?

I don't think he IS dr Strange, but I do think he has something to do with him. Or at least with his missing body. I like the mystery though, so I hope they won't reveal his backstory anytime soon. Or all at once.

First, Mysterio can't be killed, he's a sort of vapor or ether being.. like a spirit.
Second, Mysterio is interested by mystical objects (the Eye of Agamotto, the Zodiac Key).

Sound familiar?

We're in agreement, Mysterio is totally, absolutely, Wade Wilson!

Sound familiar?

The only problem I just have here is that Mysterio was already seen in physical form back in his first arc when Spidey trashed his costume. He's clearly some bald dude and doesn't look anything like Strange.

This isnt training. This is a team up. Altough Tony not being a teacher is kinda fitting for his character.

I repeat, this isn't training. This is a team-up. Peter teamed up with the black cat. And Tony Stark was there.

Still, it was a fun issue. Did Peter and MJ get back together at the end? Oh the suspence!

Latest posts

Back