Ultimate Comics X-Men (Spoilers)

Stacy X's unabrow has roughly the same shape as magneto's helmet. I think her unabrow IS her mutation. No other powers. And she cant wax it either, it grows back instantly. That's why she's such a *****.

Anyone else weirded out by the fact that this book is on it's 10th issue, but there still is no actual x-men team?

Colossus kills a guy with his bare hands in issue 10. My memory is blissfully short with this book and I have no idea why I'm reading it...but has there been anything in the past to suggest he would kill someone?

What's even worse is that the guy was only months away from retirement! :)

#12 shows a little bit of hope in bringing back Apocalypse, and the issue was better than it's been.

#13 might be the last issue I read under the current creative team. The entire issue consisted of them deciding to do something. And it wasn't like there was interesting conflict or dialogue. The characters are not the least bit interesting. It's a total bore. Plus, the circumstances in the world this book takes place in that they are dealing with are ridiculous.

#13 is written by Brian Wood, the new writer with #13. He's stated that this issue was to "reintroduce" Kitty as the leader. Basically serving as a prologue.

#13 is written by Brian Wood, the new writer with #13. He's stated that this issue was to "reintroduce" Kitty as the leader. Basically serving as a prologue.

Didn't even notice that.

Isn't Wood pretty decent? Maybe I'll check out a few issues then.

If I was to start reading Ultimate X-Men now...

1) would I regret spending money on it?
2) would I be lost if I didn't go back and read the first 13 issues?

Captain Canuck said:
If I was to start reading Ultimate X-Men now...

1) would I regret spending money on it?
2) would I be lost if I didn't go back and read the first 13 issues?

1) Kind of hard to say since it just got a new writer. Though Brian Wood is good.

2) You will not be lost at all. Issue #13 is a sort of recap issue Brian Wood uses to "re-introduce" the main cast and who his team of X-Men will be. The first 12 were written by Nick Spencer and were terrible.

Yeah, UXM is finally good. Issues one to twelves was just giant build-ups to nothing and a million subplots. Now we actually have an actual X-Men team to root for.

I'm out.

Fury conceding command to Kitty Pryde is pretty much the stupidest thing I've ever seen in this book, and I hate the current story line with America in shambles like it is. This line has become so ridiculous that I want to burn all my Ultimate comics and shut down just this section of the site. I'll probably drop Ultimates as well here pretty soon.

I just finished issue 18. I've really enjoyed Brian Wood's writing so far. Not sure if it's because of how brutal Nick Spencer's was, but this seems great!

Has anyone else noticed that the second kitty bece a main character suddenly her bra suez doubled? Wtf

Latest posts

Back