Ultimate Daredevil Rogues

thee great one said:
You know Overlord. You have really good ideas. I don't know if I told you that. I would love to see all of these.

Thanks,

Its too bad thee won't be an Ultimate DD, because I find the one thing the Ultimate series is missing is a down to earth urban crime drama. The closest thing is ultimate Spidey but he fights super villains more than just normal criminals.

With Ultimate Daredevil you could have a character that deals with real life stituations and thus face off against real world psychopaths. It would ruin the tone of Spider-man if he was facing cult leaders (The Nameless One), date rapists (Purple Man) and child killers (Ringmaster), but it would fit a mature DD title well. That's way I tried to base Ultimate DD's rogues gallery some what on real world psychopaths, its the perfect chance to revamp second rate or underdevelop charcters. Of course some joke villains like Matador and stilt-Man are always good to liven things up once and awhile.

The Overlord said:
Thanks,

Its too bad thee won't be an Ultimate DD, because I find the one thing the Ultimate series is missing is a down to earth urban crime drama. The closest thing is ultimate Spidey but he fights super villains more than just normal criminals.
That's why the best USM arcs are the ones involving The Kingpin.

The Overlord said:
With Ultimate Daredevil you could have a character that deals with real life stituations and thus face off against real world psychopaths. It would ruin the tone of Spider-man if he was facing cult leaders (The Nameless One), date rapists (Purple Man) and child killers (Ringmaster), but it would fit a mature DD title well. That's way I tried to base Ultimate DD's rogues gallery some what on real world psychopaths, its the perfect chance to revamp second rate or underdevelop charcters. Of course some joke villains like Matador and stilt-Man are always good to liven things up once and awhile.
Right on brother.

TheManWithoutFear said:
What TGO said. Only I have told you before.

Thanks again.

Do you think I made Ultimate Ringmaster too evil by making him into a child killer? There's always a balance on how evil a villain should be. However since the goons in the latest issue of the Ultimates killed children, it may be allowed. Besides I would assume that a Ultimate DD series would have at least on MK rating.

I kinda like the idea of place of innocence like a circus being corrupted into a place of pure evil, by a twisted individual like ther Ultimate Ringmaster. A circus of horrors, instead of a circus of crime. Besides it be fun to see DD beat up a gang of twisted circus freaks. It may also be interesting if DD nearly kills the Ringmaster, not because he killed a loved one like Bullseye, but because he is a child killer.

Last edited:
The Overlord said:
Thanks again.

Do you think I made Ultimate Ringmaster too evil by making him into a child killer? There's always a balance on how evil a villain should be. However since the goons in the latest issue of the Ultimates killed children, it may be allowed. Besides I would assume that a Ultimate DD series would have at least on MK rating.
I was thinking the same thing. Depends on the rating. Daredevil definitely needs the edge so an MK rating throughout the ongoing would be appropriate.

The Overlord said:
I kinda like the idea of place of innocence like a circus being corrupted into a place of pure evil, by a twisted individual like ther Ultimate Ringmaster. A circus of horrors, instead of a circus of crime. Besides it be fun to see DD beat up a gang of twisted circus freaks. It may also be interesting if DD nearly kills the Ringmaster, not because he killed a loved one like Bullseye, but because he is a child killer.
Well I think it'd be interesting if Daredevil nearly kills anyone. Ringmaster could be good for a first villain so the whole concept of evil would be fresh to Murdock at the time and would help characterize not just Ringmaster but the whole gallery of Daredevil Rogues he's going to go up against.

Also I think the circus would be a good way to introduce Ultimate Man-Bull and Ultimate Mandrill. I know I tossed ideas that I'd like to see with Stilt-Man and Jester but they could easily be used here too.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I was thinking the same thing. Depends on the rating. Daredevil definitely needs the edge so an MK rating throughout the ongoing would be appropriate.

Well I think it'd be interesting if Daredevil nearly kills anyone. Ringmaster could be good for a first villain so the whole concept of evil would be fresh to Murdock at the time and would help characterize not just Ringmaster but the whole gallery of Daredevil Rogues he's going to go up against.

Also I think the circus would be a good way to introduce Ultimate Man-Bull and Ultimate Mandrill. I know I tossed ideas that I'd like to see with Stilt-Man and Jester but they could easily be used here too.

I kinda like my idea of Man-Bull as a pathetic, but ultimately harmless freak created by Roxxon Oil's secret genetics lab. Give DD a sympathetic "villain" to balance out the funny goofballs and the pure evil psychopaths. To each his or her own though. Though yeah I think Mandrill could work well as circus freak. I also like your orginal ideas with Jester and Stilt-Man, some goofball villains will lighten things up once and awhile, add some humour to DD's grim world.

It also be fun to see DD take on some revamped and twisted members of the old 616 Cicus of Crime, like Princess Python, but also add some new freaks like a knife thrower, a fire eater, a sword swallower, a strongman and an army of psycho clowns, that would be fun.

Last edited:
The Overlord said:
I kinda like my idea of Man-Bull as a pathetic, but ultimately harmless freak created by Roxxon Oil's secret genetics lab. Give DD a sympathetic "villain" to balance out the funny goofballs and the pure evil psychopaths. To each his or her own though. Though yeah I think Mandrill could work well as circus freak. I also like your orginal ideas with Jester and Stilt-Man, some goofbasll villains will lighten things up once and awhile, add some humour to DD's grim world.
Yes, and would add some form of reality to his world because not all villains are going to be "super" villains.

The Overlord said:
It also be fun to see DD take on some revamped and twisted members of the old 616 Cicus of Crime, like Princess Python, but also add some new freaks like a knife thrower, a fire eater, a sword swallower, a strongman and an army of psycho clowns, that would be fun.
Of course.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Yes, and would add some form of reality to his world because not all villains are going to be "super" villains.

Yeah, exactly, some people are criminals because they make poor choices in life (Stilt-Man, Jester, Matador) and some people are criminals because they are evil psychopaths (Kingpin, Bullseye, Purple Man).

The good thing about an Ultimate DD's rogues gallery is you can show Matt working with some the goofy, misguided criminals, defending them in court and trying to help them reform, while this being repulse by the evil psychopath villains and stopping at nothing to try and get them off the streets. DD should be a between compasion and punishment.

I used to think Daredevil sucked. But now one day I will get this title. I don't know when but I will.

Plus I'm all for a Ultimate Daredevil. I thought the same thing as the ultimate universe needed a title that explored the underworld. Someday maybe.

thee great one said:
I used to think Daredevil sucked. But now one day I will get this title. I don't know when but I will.
Can't wait for you to get started.

thee great one said:
Plus I'm all for a Ultimate Daredevil. I thought the same thing as the ultimate universe needed a title that explored the underworld. Someday maybe.
Exactly how we feel.... *Waits for someone to come along and tell us how wrong we are*

Ultimate Death-Stalker: Phillip Wallace Sterling had more money than a man could send in a life time, but he was bored. Comming from a rich and powerful family, Sterling was able to bribe a scientist at SHIELD into giving him a copy of plans for a new weapon, a device that creates a enegry field around a person that allows them to phase through soild matter and kill living things merely by touching them.

Having a copy of the device built, Sterling put on a ski mask, a trench coat and a fedora to disguise his identity. Sterling went around killing the "dregs of society" like hookers and homeless people, finding it was a lot of fun. The daily Bugle soon named this new serial killer the Death-Stalker.

The Overlord said:
Ultimate Death-Stalker: Phillip Wallace Sterling had more money than a man could send in a life time, but he was bored. Comming from a rich and powerful family, Sterling was able to bribe a scientist at SHIELD into giving him a copy of plans for a new weapon, a device that creates a enegry field around a person that allows them to phase through soild matter and kill living things merely by touching them.

Having a copy of the device built, Sterling put on a ski mask, a trench coat and a fedora to disguise his identity. Sterling went around killing the "dregs of society" like hookers and homeless people, finding it was a lot of fun. The daily Bugle soon named this new serial killer the Death-Stalker.
Great as always. How can you relate phasing through objects and killing people? Could you explain how the device can kill?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Great as always. How can you relate phasing through objects and killing people? Could you explain how the device can kill?

Sure, the device allows the user limited control over mocules, his own mocules can be phased through things and he can slow down the molecules of living beings, leading to death.

The Overlord said:
Sure, the device allows the user limited control over mocules, his own mocules can be phased through things and he can slow down the molecules of living beings, leading to death.
Interesting. I'm wondering... I took most of Daredevil's mainstream villains and ultimizing them. Out of all of our ultimizations (since this seems more like a partnership) who would you like to see as main antagonists in Daredevil's life and who would you like to just appear as a one time deal?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Interesting. I'm wondering... I took most of Daredevil's mainstream villains and ultimizing them. Out of all of our ultimizations (since this seems more like a partnership) who would you like to see as main antagonists in Daredevil's life and who would you like to just appear as a one time deal?

That's a tricky question, tough one to answer, outside of having the likes of Kingpin and Bullseye as main antagonists. Why don't you post your thoughts on this matter first.

The Overlord said:
That's a tricky question, tough one to answer, outside of having the likes of Kingpin and Bullseye as main antagonists. Why don't you post your thoughts on this matter first.

I think Ringmaster is good for a reoccuring villain and "The Nameless One" as a villain with a huge impact is how I see it. I love those two ultimizations. Otherwise Kingpin and Bullseye as his main bad guys and Owl as a bigger one time thing... everyone else is...not small time but definitely not taking the spotlight.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I think Ringmaster is good for a reoccuring villain and "The Nameless One" as a villain with a huge impact is how I see it. I love those two ultimizations. Otherwise Kingpin and Bullseye as his main bad guys and Owl as a bigger one time thing... everyone else is...not small time but definitely not taking the spotlight.

Good ideas though I think Mr. Hyde should have a reoccuring role, just so DD can have a brick villain. I also think Purple Man and Mr. Fear should have reoccuring roles, give DD some foes that are not main antagonists, but not one shots either.

Man-Bull should be one shot, though. However there are some villains like Eric Slaugther who can play a constant role in the background. Death-Stalker should die pretty early in this career. The Gael could be a one shot villain, though he can always be brought back if the story needs a explosive expert. I'm not sure if Bushwacker should be one-shot or reoccuring.

The Nameless One of course would have a huge arc to himself, though I wouldn't know what to with the character after his first arc. The goofball villains should have cameos now and again, with Matt trying to help them reform.

Edit: It be good idea to show that Ringmaster is afraid of DD on his second arc, though his sick desire to murder children overpower that fear. It also be a good chance to DD struggle with his emotions on nearly killing Ringmaster in his first arc.

Last edited:
The Overlord said:
Good ideas though I think Mr. Hyde should have a reoccuring role, just so DD can have a brick villain. I also think Purple Man and Mr. Fear should have reoccuring roles, give DD some foes that are not main antagonists, but not one shots either.

Man-Bull should be one shot, though. However there are some villains like Eric Slaugther who can play a constant role in the background. Death-Stalker should die pretty early in this career. The Gael could be a one shot villain, though he can always be brought back if the story needs a explosive expert. I'm not sure if Bushwacker should be one-shot or reoccuring.

The Nameless One of course would have a huge arc to himself, though I wouldn't know what to with the character after his first arc. The goofball villains should have cameos now and again, with Matt trying to help them reform.

Edit: It be good idea to show that Ringmaster is afraid of DD on his second arc, though his sick desire to murder children overpower that fear. It also be a good chance to DD struggle with his emotions on nearly killing Ringmaster in his first arc.
Good thinking.

Latest posts

Back