Ultimate Daredevil Supporting Cast

The Overlord

Hi, I thought I would post some ideas on possible Ultimate Daredevil support casting members. Feel free to comment or add your own ideas.

Franklin "Foggy" Nelson: Matt's legal partner, has known Matt since they both studied law at Columbia University.

Karen Page: Matt's secretary. Got addicted to smack in her teens, then got cleaned up in rehab. Has feelings for Matt Murdock.

Ben Urich: Already introduced.

Heather Glenn: Her father Maxwell Glenn took out a loan from the Kingpin to
save his company, now the Kingpin has forced him to use his business to help the Kingpin import drugs into America. Heather goes to Murdock to get legal advice on the matter.

The Overlord said:
Hi, I thought I would post some ideas on possible Ultimate Daredevil support casting members. Feel free to comment or add your own ideas.

Franklin "Foggy" Nelson: Matt's legal partner, has known Matt since they both studied law at Columbia University.

Karen Page: Matt's secretary. Got addicted to smack in her teens, then got cleaned up in rehab. Has feelings for Matt Murdock.

Ben Urich: Already introduced.

Heather Glenn: Her father Maxwell Glenn took out a loan from the Kingpin to
save his company, now the Kingpin has forced him to use his business to help the Kingpin import drugs into America. Heather goes to Murdock to get legal advice on the matter.
Good Ideas/Post. I'm throwin and stickin' with my Ultimate Turk Idea.

Turk - Young kid on the streets who commits petty crimes in order to survive. Usually gets stopped by Daredevil. Harmless and usually helpful to Daredevil with inside information. Also wishes to be Daredevil's sidekick and serves as comic relief.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Good Ideas/Post. I'm throwin and stickin' with my Ultimate Turk Idea.

Turk - Young kid on the streets who commits petty crimes in order to survive. Usually gets stopped by Daredevil. Harmless and usually helpful to Daredevil with inside information. Also wishes to be Daredevil's sidekick and serves as comic relief.

Great idea.

Now for my NYPD supporting cast ideas.

Lt. Nick Manolis: a very by the books cop who works at the Hell's Kitcnen precinct. Dislikes super heroes, believes they interfere with police business and should leave crime fighting to the cops. Manolis will only accept DD's help if he believes no other options are left.

Lt. Paul Carson: Manolis' new partner, transfere to NYC from San Fran. Believes Daredevil is a good man and is trying to help the city. Always willing to try and help Daredevil when he can.

Comissoner Robert O'Hara: The corrupt man who runs the NYPD. Secretly works for the Kingpin. Is using the NYPD on behalf of the Kingpin to take down Daredevil.

The Overlord said:
Great idea.

Now for my NYPD supporting cast ideas.

Lt. Nick Manolis: a very by the books cop who works at the Hell's Kitcnen precinct. Dislikes super heroes, believes they interfere with police business and should leave crime fighting to the cops. Manolis will only accept DD's help if he believes no other options are left.

Lt. Paul Carson: Manolis' new partner, transfere to NYC from San Fran. Believes Daredevil is a good man and is trying to help the city. Always willing to try and help Daredevil when he can.

Comissoner Robert O'Hara: The corrupt man who runs the NYPD. Secretly works for the Kingpin. Is using the NYPD on behalf of the Kingpin to take down Daredevil.
Sounds good. Are they Daredevil characters? Possibly from the era I'm not all that familiar with? How about Driver? I'd love to see him.

I'm reading Daredevil Visionaries Volume 2, written by Frank Miller and there's some good interaction between Manolis and DD.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Sounds good. Are they Daredevil characters? Possibly from the era I'm not all that familiar with? How about Driver? I'd love to see him.

They are indeed, Nick Manolis was from the Miller era, he was the cop Kingpin corrupted in Born Again, having him bear false testimony against Murdock and in exchange Kingpin paid for a operation to save his son's life. Manolis was noted as a very honest cop up until that point. He appeared in the following DD issues: 167, 169-170, 173, 186, 227, 229-230.

Paul Carson and Robert O'Hara are from the San Fran era of DD. O'Hara was the police Comissoner in San Fran and Carson was a cop on good terms with Black Widow. They appeared in the following DD issues:

Carson: 87-88, 90, 94, 96-101, 105-107, 117.

O'Hara: 87-88, 90, 92, 94, 96-98, 106-107, 109-113

Anyway I think it cool if we had an arc with O'Hara using the NYPD to take down DD for the Kingpin. Matt is trying to gather evidence against O'Hara, while DD and Carson also team up to take O'Hara down.

As for Agent Driver why don't you take a crack at Ultimizing him.

Last edited:
The Overlord said:
They are indeed, Nick Manolis was from the Miller era, he was the cop Kingpin corrupted in Born Again, having him bear false testimony against Murdockin exchanged Kingpin paid for a operation to save his son's life. Manolis was noted as a very honest cop up until that point. He appeared in the following DD issues: 167, 169-170, 173, 186, 227, 229-230.
Truth. Forgot the cop's name.

The Overlord said:
As for Agent Driver why don't you take a crack at Ultimizing him.
How about a cop who has made a hobby out of Daredevil. Lighter toned reoccuring character whose always on Daredevil's cases and is searching for the truth behind his identity and life. I think it would make a good nod to the 616 character because there are some similarities with him always following the character around but not quite the same situation as he doesn't the lead that Matt Murdock and DD are the same. Hell, he might even be able to replace Urich in the Ultimate Universe and be the guy who Murdock can confide in.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Truth. Forgot the cop's name.

How about a cop who has made a hobby out of Daredevil. Lighter toned reoccuring character whose always on Daredevil's cases and is searching for the truth behind his identity and life. I think it would make a good nod to the 616 character because there are some similarities with him always following the character around but not quite the same situation as he doesn't the lead that Matt Murdock and DD are the same. Hell, he might even be able to replace Urich in the Ultimate Universe and be the guy who Murdock can confide in.

Good idea.

I guess Driver can replace Carson as the cop that is DD's only supporter on the NYPD.

Though I would like to keep Manolis as the by the books cop that doesn't like DD and O'Hara as the corrupt police comissoner. Driver and Murdock can team up to take down Comissoner O'Hara.

Other supporting characters:

Blake Tower: NYC's incorruptible DA. Is often sparring against Matt Murdock is the court room, however he has a lot of respect for Murdock. Has a vested interest in brining down the Kingpin, Murdock tries to secretly pass information to help Tower with his goal.

Melvin Potter: Murdock represents Melvin Potter who was captured as the Gladiator by Daredevil. Murdock is trying to argue that Potter is not guilty of his crimes on the basis of mental illness. Potter is getting treatment at Riker's with help from the prison psychiatrist Betsy Beatty.

Betsy Beatty: psychiatrist for Riker's island prison. Has had great sucess working to reform Melvin Potter, AKA the Gladiator and is working with Matt Murdock to have Potter acquited on the basis of mental illness. Betsy is having less sucess trying to cure and reform psychopaths like Bullseye and Purple Man.

Last edited:
The Overlord said:
Good idea.

I guess Driver can replace Carson as the cop that is DD's only supporter on the NYPD.

Though I would like to keep Manolis as the by the books cop that doesn't like DD and O'Hara as the corrupt police comissoner. Driver and Murdock can team up to take down Comissoner O'Hara.
It's all deadly.

But with the "replacement" I don't see any need for it. Where Driver is on a more personal level with Matt, Carson could just as easily side with Daredevil without knowing his identity or even careing what it is. If the arc would come about I think if Daredevil had more than 1 supporters on the force and it would be more interesting because it wouldn't just be about Daredevil Vs. Corruption but also Good Cops Vs. Bad Cops.

TheManWithoutFear said:
It's all deadly.

But with the "replacement" I don't see any need for it. Where Driver is on a more personal level with Matt, Carson could just as easily side with Daredevil without knowing his identity or even careing what it is. If the arc would come about I think if Daredevil had more than 1 supporters on the force and it would be more interesting because it wouldn't just be about Daredevil Vs. Corruption but also Good Cops Vs. Bad Cops.

That's true, I guess you have point there. Of course the only corrupt cop in Ultimate DD so far is Comissoner O'Hara. Ultimate Manolis is a hard @ss, but he's still honest. However since O'Hara is the commisoner and corrupt he is the most dangerous threat to DD on the NYPD. It makes more sense that Driver and DD would team up to take down O'Hara because of their personal connection.

Anyway what did you think of the ultimazied versions of Blake Tower, Melvin Potter and Betsy Beatty I came up with?

Well on with the show:

Glorianna O'Breen: An ex IRA terrorist, Glorianna O'Breen used be romaticly involved with noted IRA terrorist Patrick "The Gael" O'Hanlon because she believed that he was a courageous freedom fighter. When she discovered that O'Hanlon was a dangerous psychopath, she left the IRA and went to NYC.

When the Owl hires the Gael to blow up Fisk's NYC holdings, the Gael decides to mix business with pleasure, by getting revenge on O'Breen for scorning him and framing her for the bombings. O'Breen hires Murdock to defend her and the only way to clear her name is to catch the real bomber.

Last edited:
Becky Blake- an intern at Nelson & Murdock, Blake is confined to a wheelchair
after recieving a random attack from Mr. Hyde. Now Hyde wishes to finish Blake before she can testify against him, Murdock has to protect Blake from Hyde and convince her to overcome her fears and testify against Hyde.

The Overlord said:
Anyway what did you think of the ultimazied versions of Blake Tower, Melvin Potter and Betsy Beatty I came up with?

Well on with the show:

Glorianna O'Breen: An ex IRA terrorist, Glorianna O'Breen used be romaticly involved with with noted IRA terrorist Patrick "The Gael" O'Hanlon because she believed that he was a courageous freedom fighter. When she discovered that O'Hanlon was a dangerous psychopath, she left the IRA and went to NYC.

When the Owl hires the Gael to blow up Fisk's NYC holdings, the Gael decides to mix business with pleasure, by getting revenge on O'Breen for scorning him and framing her for the bombings. O'Breen hires Murdock to defend her and the only way to clear her name is to catch the real bomber.

I think they're all good. I like the Blake one too. My imagination is sorta used to the Hyde story I dished out so it conflicts a bit in my head but it's still good.

Ultimate Stick - Old blind man from Japan. Lives in Hell's Kitchen and owns his own school of martial arts. Matt Murdock's father sends him there as a child. Matt is gifted and Stick knows this. When Murdock is blinded and Stick gives Matt more intense lessons.

Stick's history: Dated Ultimate Typhoid Mary and was once a member of The Hand. After realizeing The Hand was a threat on a global scale and dealt in many dark arts he feuded with Mary and parted ways. He then formed his own clan, The Chaste. As The Hand slowly took over most of Japan's streets and Politics, The Chaste moved to America and most of the members opened up Martial Arts schools to seek out "gifted" youngsters to recruit in what Stick believed to be a major war between good and evil. Stick also holds a friendship with Nick Fury. They've aided each other on classified missions Fury worked on before he became a high ranking officer.

And Stick also loves to play and hustle little punks at billiards.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I think they're all good. I like the Blake one too. My imagination is sorta used to the Hyde story I dished out so it conflicts a bit in my head but it's still good.

I don't see how they would contradict each, the arc with Becky Blake would be the second Hyde arc after ther business with Spidey and Fisk, where Hyde is now playing the role of a brutal serial killer (due to the effects of Zabo's SS serum making him even more insane as Hyde), beating his victims to death. Hyde beats up Blake and breaks her spine, but decides to let her live because the thought of Blake living fear and pain for the last few months of her life really delights Mr. Hyde.

Rosalind Sharpe-Foggy's mother, she has little respect for her son and often belttles him. Rosalind Sharpe is a very powerful corporate lawyer and her new client is Wilson Fisk.

Good deal on Sharpe.

Jack Murdock and Alexander Bont - Matt's father. Raises Matt alone. Great Fighter and works for Alexander Bont (The Original Kingpin) as a bodyguard and runs errands. Bont's a great crimelord and even though Jack's heart's in the right place, he's too far in to get out. Jack raises Matt as any great father would and tries to hide his real job from the boy. Matt grew up knowing Alexander as his "uncle". When mutants began appearing Bont took an interest in them. After Matt's accident, Bont noticed Matt was now acting differently and more athletic than before. Something that peaked his interest even more because Matt was now blind. When Bont began making his moves on young Matt, Jack naturally protested and stood up against Bont. Bont hires a lackey to kidnap Jack Murdock's son. Jack stops Bont's thug but is killed in process. Matt is rescued and hidden away by Stick.

Bont runs the crime in Hell's Kitchen and the rest of New York until he's betrayed by his own "new" bodyguard, Wilson Fisk.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Good deal on Sharpe.

Jack Murdock and Alexander Bont - Matt's father. Raises Matt alone. Great Fighter and works for Alexander Bont (The Original Kingpin) as a bodyguard and runs errands. Bont's a great crimelord and even though Jack's heart's in the right place, he's too far in to get out. Jack raises Matt as any great father would and tries to hide his real job from the boy. Matt grew up knowing Alexander as his "uncle". When mutants began appearing Bont took an interest in them. After Matt's accident, Bont noticed Matt was now acting differently and more athletic than before. Something that peaked his interest even more because Matt was now blind. When Bont began making his moves on young Matt, Jack naturally protested and stood up against Bont. Bont hires a lackey to kidnap Jack Murdock's son. Jack stops Bont's thug but is killed in process. Matt is rescued and hidden away by Stick.

Bont runs the crime in Hell's Kitchen and the rest of New York until he's betrayed by his own "new" bodyguard, Wilson Fisk.

That's pretty good, would the thug in question be Slade, the man wo killed Jack Murdock in the 616 universe? If so, perhaps a story can be done with DD trying to track down Slade.

Willie Lincoln- An old Vietnam vet and ex-cop, Willie Lincoln now works as an security guard at Glenn Industries. One night Willie overhears a conversation/arguement between Maxwell Glenn and one of the Kingpin's goons on their plan to use Glenn industres to ship drugs into NYC. Willie confronts Maxwell and the goon, training his gun on them.

The goon starts coughing, saying he needs to take his medcine or he will die. Willie decides to let him do it, but he retrieves the medcine container for him and takes the goon's gun away. The goon opens the container and splashs the contents in Willie's eyes. The contents were really acid. Willie runs off.

Willie goes this doctor and discovers he is now blind. Willie hires Matt Murdock to defend his interests and to prepare him for testifing against Maxwell Glenn and the goon. Matt also decides to help Willie deal with his blindness and DD must keep the Kingpin from killing Willie.

Last edited:
The Overlord said:
That's pretty good, would the thug in question be Slade, the man wo killed Jack Murdock in the 616 universe? If so, perhaps a story can be done with DD trying to track down Slade..
Yeah, Slade would be ideal.

The Overlord said:
Willie Lincoln- An old Vietnam vet and ex-cop, Willie Lincoln now works as an security guard at Glenn Industries. One night Willie overhears a conversation/arguement between Maxwell Glenn and one of the Kingpin's goons on their plan to use Glenn industres to ship drugs into NYC. Willie confronts Maxwell and the goon, training his gun on them.

The goon starts coughing, saying he needs to take his medcine or he will die. Willie decides to let him do it, but he retrieves the medcine container for him and takes the goon's gun away. The goon opens the container and splashs the contents in Willie's eyes. The contents were really acid. Willie runs off.

Willie goes this doctor and discovers he is now blind.Willie hires Matt Murdock to defend his interests and to prepare him for testifing against Maxwell Glenn and the goon.Matt also decides to help deal with his blindness and DD must keep the Kingpin from killing Willie.
THat's pretty detailed. I'm unfamiliar with any of this from 616 is there inspiration? Great plot though.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Yeah, Slade would be ideal.

THat's pretty detailed. I'm unfamiliar with any of this from 616 is there inspiration? Great plot though.

It be pretty cool if for a whole arc DD is trying to hunt down Slade and briefly considers killing him, perhaps that should be the first arc. Of course it could also be fun if DD goes after Slade later, spending so much time searching him, he finally finds him after a few arcs and we would get to see the noramlly cool and controlled DD on a rage filled manhunt.

As for Willie Lincoln here is his bio from www.manwithoutfear.com:

"The criminal Biggie Benson framed police officer Willie Lincoln on charges of accepting a bribe. Shortly thereafter, while serving in Viet Nam, Lincoln jumped on a live grenade to save his fellow soldiers. The blast blinded him. Daredevil met Willie while on tour of the war-torn country, entertaining and boosting morale of the troops. When Willie returned home, he enlisted Matt Murdock's help to help clear his name. The two became friends as Willie struggled to deal with his new impairment."

Profile written by: Kuljit Mithra

http://www.manwithoutfear.com/characters/character.cgi?id=Willie Lincoln

Here are the issues Willie Lincoln appeared in: 47, 49, 57-59, 258.

As a slight nod to 616 DD, I would name the goon who blinded Willie Lincoln, "Big" Billy Benson, one of the Kingpin's lieutenants. At the end of the arc Matt and DD incriminate Maxwell Glenn and Benson, but there is no evidence connecting Wilson Fisk to the matter. Heather Glenn begins to hate DD and Murdock for putting her father away.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back