Ultimate Doom Discussion

I was going to post my view of the comic but didn't for two reasons: I have better ways to spend my time and more importantly, I don't want to potentially ruin someone else's enjoyment of it. It's not something I've ever wanted to do and sometimes I am just overtly harsh because I'm frustrated. But the truth is, I'd rather be quitely enjoying Ultimate Doom like vmenge than posting on the boards how much I hate it like I usually do. :/

I was going to post my view of the comic but didn't for two reasons: I have better ways to spend my time and more importantly, I don't want to potentially ruin someone else's enjoyment of it. It's not something I've ever wanted to do and sometimes I am just overtly harsh because I'm frustrated. But the truth is, I'd rather be quitely enjoying Ultimate Doom like vmenge than posting on the boards how much I hate it like I usually do. :/

Totally agreed.

the one thing i will say is i'm continually amazed at how I can read a whole comic book and feel like nothing has happened.

I'll have to wait until I can read it all at once before I fully judge.

Are you kidding me?

I love ragging on terrible things.

Are you kidding me?

I love ragging on terrible things.

It gets old, though. Saying the same terrible things about the same terrible comics is as tedious as reading the terrible comics in the first place.

Yeah, guys, there's nothing wrong with expressing an opinion on something, good or bad, as long as it's (mostly) respectful, and this comes from someone who actually also dug this. I thought the action was well done.

I think if it is really just Reed, though, then that is kinda stupid. But I have a feeling we don't know the whole picture yet. Remember the name of the mini after all...

It gets old, though. Saying the same terrible things about the same terrible comics is as tedious as reading the terrible comics in the first place.

That's why we say new terrible things about new terrible comics.

It broke my heart to have to stop talking about Rise of Arsenal, but that's just part of being an adult, I suppose....

I have been thinking about posting specifically why, with examples, Captain Canuck and I think "nothing happened" by doing a textual comparative analysis between ULTIMATE DOOM #1, TOM STRONG AND THE ROBOTS OF DOOM #4 and ALL-STAR SUPERMAN #3.

But it would take time and be of interest only to me.

I have been thinking about posting specifically why, with examples, Captain Canuck and I think "nothing happened" by doing a textual comparative analysis between ULTIMATE DOOM #1, TOM STRONG AND THE ROBOTS OF DOOM #4 and ALL-STAR SUPERMAN #3.

But it would take time and be of interest only to me.

When has that ever stopped you!?

When I realise that some people enjoy the comic and I don't want to ruin their enjoyment. When I forget that, I rant.

When I realise that some people enjoy the comic and I don't want to ruin their enjoyment. When I forget that, I rant.

i hope this isn't b/c we poked fun at you on the "Christmas 2010" thread...

you're Bass! Nexus of the World! Don't let us crush your spirit with our bourgeois humour!

No, no no, I was thinking about vmenge who felt he had to apologise for liking the comic. That's what makes me stop and consider.

I think Reed Richards to some degree makes sense as a villain. Based on the last issue, it seems that Reed has some pent-up rage and believes that his attempts to do science for good was only rewarded by pain and suffering. No one in his family or his schoolmates cared that he was a genius and instead was treated harshly (of course there is the blind spot of his mom and Ben Grimm actually being there for him, this can probably be used as a plot point later on if Reed ever gets back his conscience).

Most of his exploits in the UFF comic plus Ultimate Power backfired and he nearly ended the world several times accidentally (Cosmic Cube, the probe (he finds out it's not his fault but he was brutally punished before the revelation), opening their universe to the Marvel Zombies, luring the Silver Surfer and creating Van Damme as a villain making him indirectly responsible for Ultimatum). When he tried to help Sue in his own way post-Ultimatum, it was reciprocated by separation and he no longer works at the Baxter Building. This means that even if he had noble reasons and wanted to do science for good it seems that things never go well as planned. It can even be noted that he actually was able to one-up Doom in Frightful rather easily when they switched bodies and do a better job than Victor did.

He probably realized especially with how it was easy to outmatch Van Damme, that it is not Victor, but him who is the real Doctor Doom of the Ultimate Universe and he decides to embody it. This last one is just a thought and hope I might be right.

I'm just speculating, but this popped into my head. Since Otto is now somehow involved with the series, what if the Reed we have seen since UM#3 isn't really Reed but a clone created by Otto for Roxxon so they could have their own super genius, but the clone went insane and actually did kill Reed back in UE#1? Otto does have the knowledge of cloning and he does have funds (Roxxon) to make this happen.

No, no no, I was thinking about vmenge who felt he had to apologise for liking the comic. That's what makes me stop and consider.
Well, I'm not exactly hard to please :lol:

Well, I'm not exactly hard to please :lol:

No, you're lucky. I wish I was (as far as comics go).

Alan Moore and Grant Morrison have ruined comics for me.

Latest posts

Back