Ultimate Doom Discussion

You know what I always wanted to see in UFF?

The revelation that Reed was wrong about his calculations in the experiment that gave them their powers, that Doom wasn't to blame, and that it was Reed's pride all along.

The revelation that Reed was wrong about his calculations in the experiment that gave them their powers, that Doom wasn't to blame, and that it was Reed's pride all along.

that would be cool. I would love for them to go back and show that he's really been a jerk all along and doing stuff behind the scenes that no one knew about and he kept up the facade b/c of Sue. That would almost make this all make sense

Keep your interesting ideas to yourself and let Bendis do his job of telling crappy stories.

I'm just speculating, but this popped into my head. Since Otto is now somehow involved with the series, what if the Reed we have seen since UM#3 isn't really Reed but a clone created by Otto for Roxxon so they could have their own super genius, but the clone went insane and actually did kill Reed back in UE#1? Otto does have the knowledge of cloning and he does have funds (Roxxon) to make this happen.

That sounds like the Clone Saga, Part 2.

Since Part 1 was so terrible, do we really need a sequel?

that would be cool. I would love for them to go back and show that he's really been a jerk all along and doing stuff behind the scenes that no one knew about and he kept up the facade b/c of Sue. That would almost make this all make sense

Eh, I'm not a fan of Evil Reed so far, but I can somewhat understand his motivations. As cmdrjanjalani said, there hasn't been much reward lately for Reed's accomplishments, though plenty of punishment for his screw-ups. Also, in the case of answering the question "Should this be done?", who better to answer it than Reed, who's (for the most part) smarter than anyone else on the planet? Why shouldn't he take a bit of a "I know better than you" attitude and try to change the world in the best way he knows how (in the present, anyway): by breaking a few eggs.

It really seems that the thing which drove Reed bad is just him finally coming into his ego. If I were as intelligent as him, I'd have a hard time listening and agreeing with a bunch of people with only a tenth of my intelligence.

Miracleman did it, why not Reed?

Last edited:

;) It really says something about the comic if you completely need to rewrite the character from the beginning of the universe for it to make any sense.

Miracleman did it, why not Reed?

Because one's written by Alan Moore and the other by Bendis?

I hope evil Reed is revealed to be Ultimate Miracle Man in disguise.

Well, I'm not exactly hard to please :lol:

So? That's a good thing. Enjoy it. :)

Me too. Kinda felt that's where it was going.

;) It really says something about the comic if you completely need to rewrite the character from the beginning of the universe for it to make any sense.

I call it HEROES Syndrome. Because my friend, Will, and I while watching it, trying to make sense of why the characters were acting the way they were, came to the conclusion that they had as-of-yet unrevealed mental disorders.

Just caught up with this. I'm enjoying it so far. I like the spidey and spidey 2.0 interaction.
And I like that the nova kid really seems in over his head.

Wonder Man is the new Sue's boyfriend? How Reed will react?

Is that Ben's new name? Wonder Man? And I don't think they're boyfriend and girlfriend, but Ben is certainly showing his affection for Sue in that issue. Probably that he enjoys his return to a more human-looking form after all that time spent as the Thing.

not that it matters but i think she appeared at the very end of the god war arc

i honestly don't remember that at all. But I don't really doubt you either. That was the first arc that Mike Carey wrote, right? I remember thinking, "Wow, this isn't nearly as good..." ah, the beginning of the end.

I thought Carey was the second-best writer on the title. Ellis did the best job, but I remember when UF4 debuted; all that build-up, their noticeable absence from the Ultimate line, the ultimate line was doing so well... and it was just awful. Bendis and Millar just had no idea what to do with it and they knew and that's why Ellis did his 12 issues - to help out. And he and Immonen did a pretty good job.

i honestly don't remember that at all. But I don't really doubt you either. That was the first arc that Mike Carey wrote, right? I remember thinking, "Wow, this isn't nearly as good..." ah, the beginning of the end.

Really? Didn't notice that.

I thought they decided to wipe her out of existence when they wanted Ben Grimm to be lonely and suicidal again to kick off the horrible Ultimate Power miniseries.

Latest posts

Back