Ultimate Enemy discussion

Anyone else remember that Fury lost an arm?

I DO! I DO!

...I don't remember how the hell he got it back though. I thought he'd get a cybernetic arm which I hoped was more Ghost in the Shell like instead of Robocop. But I never saw anything that explained how he got another arm.

Anyone else remember that Fury lost an arm?

I think it was explained in Ultimate Origins that, Fury has a healing factor. But it's not as strong as Wolverine's was.

I DO! I DO!

...I don't remember how the hell he got it back though. I thought he'd get a cybernetic arm which I hoped was more Ghost in the Shell like instead of Robocop. But I never saw anything that explained how he got another arm.

Yeah, Fury is a super soldier. He has regenerative powers like Wolverine (who isn't a super soldier but was genetically manipulated to be the first mutant), and Iron Man (who isn't a super soldier either, but his mom was bitten by a monkey while she was pregnant with him and that made his brain expand beyond his head and fill his entire body and also gave him regenerative abilities), however Captain America (who is also a super soldier, much like Fury...well, exactly like Fury, really) does not have regenerative powers.

Also, Fury's regenerative powers can grow back arms...but not eyes.

It all makes perfect sense, really.

Yeah, Fury is a super soldier. He has regenerative powers like Wolverine (who isn't a super soldier but was genetically manipulated to be the first mutant), and Iron Man (who isn't a super soldier either, but his mom was bitten by a monkey while she was pregnant with him and that made his brain expand beyond his head and fill his entire body and also gave him regenerative abilities), however Captain America (who is also a super soldier, much like Fury...well, exactly like Fury, really) does not have regenerative powers.

****. Never even thought about that.

E. Burn down your comics and the site plx kthx.

It's the only option left.

I'm willing to believe that his regenerative ability is enough to increase the time length an arm can be separated before being reattached

I think it was explained in Ultimate Origins that, Fury has a healing factor. But it's not as strong as Wolverine's was.

captaincanuck65 said:

Just to play Devil's advocate for a second...I liked the explanation in UWvsH where Wolverine explained that it took his eye awhile to grow back because it was extremely complex "machinery". I can accept the fact that Fury's regenerative abilities allowed him to lose his arm, but them re-attach it, even after a prolonged period, but not grow a whole new one. I can also accept the explanation that the "complex machinery" that is the eye was beyond Fury's regenerative abilities to repair.

I'm sure there are holes the size of the sun in that explanation, but its the only one we're ever going to get.

Last edited:
Just to play Devil's advocate for a second...I liked the explanation in UWvsH where Wolverine explained that it took his eye awhile to grow back because it was extremely complex "machinery". I can accept the fact that Fury's regenerative abilities allowed him to lose his arm, but them re-attach it, even after a prolonged period, but not grow a whole new one. I can also accept the explanation that the "complex machinery" that is the eye was beyond Fury's regenerative abilities to repair.

I'm sure there are holes the size of the sun in that explanation, but its the only one we're ever going to get.

that sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Except that Wolverine survived as a head and was still able to talk and breathe.

But the eye thing makes sense.

The last 2 days of posts on this thread make me wonder why exactly I am still buying any "Ultimate" line comics.

:arrgh:

I think we've grown to enjoy the cynicism and complaining that comes as a result of the Ultimate line.

But honestly, Just ignore the stuff you don't like and enjoy the stuff you do. I'm enjoying Ultimate Spider-Man. Ultimate Armor Wars is interesting and quirky and I'm moderately enjoying it. I'm not sure how I feel about Ultimate Avengers (mostly because nothing has happened yet). There's no way I'm touching Ultimate X or New Ultimates when they come out (even if by some miracle they end up being good, I'm done showing my support for Loeb's Ultimate stuff). Based on Ultimate Origins I very much doubt that I'll buy Ultimate Enemy, but if I hear good things when it does come out, I might pick it up.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

that sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Except that Wolverine survived as a head and was still able to talk and breathe.

But the eye thing makes sense.

Again, the talking Wolverine head could be explained through "comic science" (which is light years away from "real science", obviously) by the wires protruding from his spinal cord/back of his head during that scene. Just assume one fed oxygen and other required nutrients to him, and the other somehow mimicked a larynx and allowed him to talk--which would require plugging it into the speech and motor cortex centers of the brain...which is impossible since Wolverine's skull is coated in adamantium...unless they threaded it up through the bottom of the skull where his spinal cord is attached--wow...I'm overthinking this way too much.

The last 2 days of posts on this thread make me wonder why exactly I am still buying any "Ultimate" line comics.

:arrgh:

I think we've grown to enjoy the cynicism and complaining that comes as a result of the Ultimate line.

Whats sad is its been like this here on the site long before Loeb ever took a **** all over the Ultimate universe. We're just a bunch of whiny, complaining ninnies. And I like it that way.

But honestly, Just ignore the stuff you don't like and enjoy the stuff you do. I'm enjoying Ultimate Spider-Man. Ultimate Armor Wars is interesting and quirky and I'm moderately enjoying it. I'm not sure how I feel about Ultimate Avengers (mostly because nothing has happened yet).

Completely agree.

There's no way I'm touching Ultimate X or New Ultimates when they come out (even if by some miracle they end up being good, I'm done showing my support for Loeb's Ultimate stuff). Based on Ultimate Origins I very much doubt that I'll buy Ultimate Enemy, but if I hear good things when it does come out, I might pick it up.

Unfortunately, I'll still pick up those merely for completionist's sake.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back