Ultimate Enemy discussion

Again, the talking Wolverine head could be explained through "comic science" (which is light years away from "real science", obviously) by the wires protruding from his spinal cord/back of his head during that scene. Just assume one fed oxygen and other required nutrients to him, and the other somehow mimicked a larynx and allowed him to talk--which would require plugging it into the speech and motor cortex centers of the brain...which is impossible since Wolverine's skull is coated in adamantium...unless they threaded it up through the bottom of the skull where his spinal cord is attached--wow...I'm overthinking this way too much.

Yes. Yes you are.

Unfortunately, I'll still pick up those merely for completionist's sake.

If it helps, it'll only be the TPBs when they come out, so I won't be contributing to the individual issue sales numbers. Unforunately, I will be contributing to the TPBs sale numbers.

I lay the blame on the timeline that no one reads.

we all read it before we stopped caring. But if anyone gets a pass for reading this crap it's you. (not saying you do, but if we were going to give someone a pass...) You don't read it b/c you like it. You don't read it for your collection. You read it so you can torture yourself by trying to make it fit into continuity. It's a crappy job, but somebody has to...no, that's not really true. It's a crappy job that doesn't really need to be done, but DIrishB does it anyway. And for that sir, you have my respect and pity.

I agree with GOB here.

000172_sm.jpg

we all read it before we stopped caring. But if anyone gets a pass for reading this crap it's you. (not saying you do, but if we were going to give someone a pass...) You don't read it b/c you like it. You don't read it for your collection. You read it so you can torture yourself by trying to make it fit into continuity. It's a crappy job, but somebody has to...no, that's not really true. It's a crappy job that doesn't really need to be done, but DIrishB does it anyway. And for that sir, you have my respect and pity.

I think DiB needs an intervention.

I read it untill I had read enough to figure out where to put each new comic that was released :wink:
Also, the only reason I actually found this site out and joined it was because of your timeline! So I hope you feel a little better about yourself now :D

Last edited:
If it helps, it'll only be the TPBs when they come out, so I won't be contributing to the individual issue sales numbers. Unforunately, I will be contributing to the TPBs sale numbers.

This is why God created the internet and Wikipedia.

Well, thank you. I think. :?

vmenge said:
I read it untill I had read enough to figure out where to put each new comic that was released
Also, the only reason I actually found this site out and joined it was because of your timeline! So I hope you feel a little better about yourself now

HA! Sweet, sweet vindication...it tastes like honey dripping from Megan Fox's bellybutton. Mmmmmm...

AnTwan said:
This is why God created the internet and Wikipedia.

This is a problem for me since I don't have a computer or internet at home (where I do the majority of my comic book/trade reading). Hence, I can't download issues or read them for free (else I would). Unfortunatly, I only can get online while at work, which is fine for a quick update to the timeline or occasionally posting here about random issues, but I'm pushing it as it is: I can't justify reading a comic I didn't pay for while I'm at work not doing what I get paid for.

So, I buy the individual issues of series I like (of which USM and Ultimate Avengers qualify for), and read the trades of Ultimate titles by Loeb I feel I must read for completionists sake and the timeline's sake.

This is a problem for me since I don't have a computer or internet at home (where I do the majority of my comic book/trade reading). Hence, I can't download issues or read them for free (else I would). Unfortunatly, I only can get online while at work, which is fine for a quick update to the timeline or occasionally posting here about random issues, but I'm pushing it as it is: I can't justify reading a comic I didn't pay for while I'm at work not doing what I get paid for.

So, I buy the individual issues of series I like (of which USM and Ultimate Avengers qualify for), and read the trades of Ultimate titles by Loeb I feel I must read for completionists sake and the timeline's sake.

Didn't you quit the timeline and gave it to Joe Kalicki some time ago?

Well, thank you. I think. :?

I don't think there's a single person who doesn't appreciate the effort and maybe used at at least once, but the thing of it is that at the point of time in which it was done, the timeline was simple enough that any answers that needed to be answered could be done so with a quick check up of the timeline. There were problems with continuity and the timeline addressed them and it was OK because things were still simple enough that it all made sense. But Ultimatum ruined it - not to mention it, Ultimate Power, and Ultiamtes 3 zapped any enthusiasm anyone had for the line.

But the work itself was epic, and got us published in USM so that's always good. :D

Save up money from trades to buy a computer? A Netbook will run you $250

Didn't you quit the timeline and gave it to Joe Kalicki some time ago?

Yeah, right around the time Ultimate Power and Ultimates 3 was released and I realized where the Ultimate universe was headed under Loeb, I temporarily gave up on it. But then it pulled me back like a heroin addiction.

I don't think there's a single person who doesn't appreciate the effort and maybe used at at least once, but the thing of it is that at the point of time in which it was done, the timeline was simple enough that any answers that needed to be answered could be done so with a quick check up of the timeline. There were problems with continuity and the timeline addressed them and it was OK because things were still simple enough that it all made sense. But Ultimatum ruined it - not to mention it, Ultimate Power, and Ultiamtes 3 zapped any enthusiasm anyone had for the line.

But the work itself was epic, and got us published in USM so that's always good. :D

Completely agree. As said, it was Ultimate Power and Ultimates 3 which temporarily drove me away from it. And well, at this point I figure I may as well stick it out until the Ultimate universe is in the grave...which should be in the next 2-3 years.

Yes, but my hard drive crashed and I lost everything I did on it and was too discouraged to start over.

And now I don't even read the books.

You're the smart one.

Save up money from trades to buy a computer? A Netbook will run you $250

Actually, I'm gonna buy my parents old lap-top from them in the next couple weeks when they buy a new one, but then I have to get around to paying for internet, which is completely dependant on my grub ass sister finding a job (which I don't expect to happen anytime soon). I'm barely covering the mortgage, utilities, and rent as it is, and I'm not paying for internet until she finds a job (else I'll be shelling out money to give her something to do all day).

crap.
Ultimate Enemy deals with Roxxon and Bendis was hinting pretty strongly that it would address the question of who killed Peter's parents?

now i'm going to have to read it.

Anyone else liking the art for Ultimate Comics Enemy? I think im going to really enjoy post ultimatum Ultimate Universe. I mean we have only had 4 issues of Avengers 4 of spider-man and 2 of armour wars. But that's teen issues of some decent story telling. Nothing compares to the start of the universe. Enemy look's great as well.

The only thing im not looking for is New Avengers!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back