Ultimate Enemy discussion

crap.
Ultimate Enemy deals with Roxxon and Bendis was hinting pretty strongly that it would address the question of who killed Peter's parents?

now i'm going to have to read it.

Really? I thought it had been established Trask killed them (in the USM game)...oh wait, was that retconned by the War of the Symbiotes arc? Or Ultimate Origins? Acchhh! I hate useless retcons!!

Anyone else liking the art for Ultimate Comics Enemy? I think im going to really enjoy post ultimatum Ultimate Universe. I mean we have only had 4 issues of Avengers 4 of spider-man and 2 of armour wars. But that's teen issues of some decent story telling. Nothing compares to the start of the universe. Enemy look's great as well.

The only thing im not looking for is New Avengers!!!!!!!!!

I like the art, also. And I agree, so far, everything post-Ultimatum has definitely raised the bar (at least a little) for the Ultimate verse. USM, UA, and UAW are all worth a read at the least.

Really? I thought it had been established Trask killed them (in the USM game)...oh wait, was that retconned by the War of the Symbiotes arc? Or Ultimate Origins? Acchhh! I hate useless retcons!!

I like the art, also. And I agree, so far, everything post-Ultimatum has definitely raised the bar (at least a little) for the Ultimate verse. USM, UA, and UAW are all worth a read at the least.

No, it was implied that Trask killed them in the Venom arc. The USM game said that Eddie Brock Sr was responsible, because he tried the suit on the plane. Ultimate Origins said that Peter's parents died when he was only an infant, killed by the Hulk.

I don't like the art myself, aesthetically it's good, but there is no dynamism, I don't have the impression that Jessica moves! It all seems static...

I think you're right, I do remember something of that effect... but still, it's something worth explaining, and I hope Bendis will do it.

But then Bendis said they were'nt dead, just unconscious.

when/where did he say that?

It was some interview a while ago

I think you're right, I do remember something of that effect... but still, it's something worth explaining, and I hope Bendis will do it.

Yep. I honestly think Bendis wrote that scene as having them die, then remembered all the mentions of them in Peter's life as a kid (not just an infant), and did some back-tracking in said interview.

Bendis and continuity are like oil and water.

I found this at CBR.

They covered NYCC 09's Cup O' Joe Panel

What's up with Spider-Man's origin as detailed in "Ultimate Origins?" Did the Hulk kill Spider-Man's parents?

"Peter's life is much more involved with the Marvel Universe than even he knew," Bendis said, clarifying that the Parkers were not killed by rocks. "The only person who knew this was Nick Fury, who is [consequently] more fatherly to Peter, while he's more dickish to everybody else."

I wonder why they didn't quote Bendis directly on the issue. I want to hear his exact words, not that he clarified that the Parkers were not killed by rocks.

In completely unrelated news, this question and answer made me laugh:

Ultimate Pyro -- did I miss something? He went from being on the team to being a villain.

Quesada: That's a Jeph Loeb question.

I found this at CBR.

They covered NYCC 09's Cup O' Joe Panel

I wonder why they didn't quote Bendis directly on the issue. I want to hear his exact words, not that he clarified that the Parkers were not killed by rocks.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure its just Bendis back tracking:

Yep. I honestly think Bendis wrote that scene as having them die, then remembered all the mentions of them in Peter's life as a kid (not just an infant), and did some back-tracking in said interview.

Bendis and continuity are like oil and water.

Best guess I can come up with.

captaincanuck65 said:
In completely unrelated news, this question and answer made me laugh:

:lol:

Wouldn't it be so awesome if I could delete this thread and, in doing so, delete the book from existence?

If we could do that, there are many threads I would create just so that you could do this.

Wouldn't it be so awesome if I could delete this thread and, in doing so, delete the book from existence?

No. I want to read that book, thank you very much :evil:

Oh, man.... If only we could create books by creating threads....

Get ready for Jamie Delano's Rawbone Meets the Archie Universe!

Last edited:
... He's got us E. We used to be bastions of fun. Now... what have we become? :(

If you have the ability to stop Ultimates 3 or Ultimatum before it happen, would you just stand back and allow the travesty to occur?

Latest posts

Back