Ultimate Fantastic 4 #27 discussion [spoilers]

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't think so. He said in The Ultimates they were called the two different names.

Yeah, they were called both in the Ultimates. It's just in this timeline, they prefer Skrulls instead of Chiauri.

You have to admit that Super Chituari would just sound weird.

Lynx said:
Yeah, they were called both in the Ultimates. It's just in this timeline, they prefer Skrulls instead of Chiauri.

You have to admit that Super Chituari would just sound weird.
I don't remember did they call themselves "Chitauri" in The Ultimates? I don't think it has anything to do with what timeline we're dealing with. I think they don't want to be called Chitauri anywhere anytime.

The big mystery is what's the deal with Superskrull. I got the vibe he was a good guy in this issue but that'd be weird because they're hellbent on controlling Earth. Maybe he goes back to stop the world from becoming super-earth because obviously the Chitauri would have a tough time taking over an all powerful earth than the one we saw in Ultimates.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't remember did they call themselves "Chitauri" in The Ultimates? I don't think it has anything to do with what timeline we're dealing with. I think they don't want to be called Chitauri anywhere anytime.

The big mystery is what's the deal with Superskrull. I got the vibe he was a good guy in this issue but that'd be weird because they're hellbent on controlling Earth. Maybe he goes back to stop the world from becoming super-earth because obviously the Chitauri would have a tough time taking over an all powerful earth than the one we saw in Ultimates.

I think they called themselves Chitauri. The Afrikans called them Annakui or Skrull.

TheManWithoutFear said:
"Afrikans"? Shouldn't it be the other way around then? The should be insulted being called "Skrulls"

Yes. That is what I thought when I read #27.

If you didn't feel anything but sorrow and pity for Ben during his breakdown scene in the park...your soul is broken. :cry:

See, I felt sorry for him - but I thought it was manipulative.

I felt sorry for Ben - but I didn't feel the depths of his tragedy.

I felt sorry for him - I didn't feel sorry with him.

That difference is key.

It was alright. I'm interested to see where Cape World goes.

5/10
ProjectX2 said:
I liked this. But then, I've liked all of these past issues.

And congrats to Nas-T for getting his letter published.
Ooo, I just noticed. I really want to send a letter to "H.A.T.E. Mail". But it has to so Brain-Explodingly, Skull-****ingly, Face-Rockingly awesome that they'll HAVE to print, or face shame and ridicule for the rest of their miserable lives.
Shmo60 said:
Touch yourself and you get eaten.
Hot.

Dear H.A.T.E. Mail,

This letter is so Brain-Explodingly, Skull-F***ingly, Face-Rockingly awesome that you HAVE to print it, or face shame and ridicule for the rest of your miserable lives.

Sincerely,
Tasty Q. Rock-A-Fella, Moonmaster

Bass said:
Dear H.A.T.E. Mail,

This letter is so Brain-Explodingly, Skull-F***ingly, Face-Rockingly awesome that you HAVE to print it, or face shame and ridicule for the rest of your miserable lives.

Sincerely,
Tasty Q. Rock-A-Fella, Moonmaster
YES.

Good characterization for Ben... Bad story. Skrull doesn't need to be there, really. Jean and Kitty? Pssh. 2.5/5. One of Millar's better issues, though.

I like Greg Land's art a lot. He may copy/trace Brad Pitt pictures or whatever, but he's certainly no Rob Liefield.

Seriously. I think everything is entirely forced. Thor as president? Give me a break here... That better be explained before we see heads being knocked around.

Goodwill said:
Seriously. I think everything is entirely forced. Thor as president? Give me a break here... That better be explained before we see heads being knocked around.

What is wrong with you? Do you even think about what you read half of the time, Goodz? Thor isn't just President. This is an alternate Ultimate Timeline. It's not like it's just out of nowhere.

TheManWithoutFear said:
What is wrong with you? Do you even think about what you read half of the time, Goodz? Thor isn't just President. This is an alternate Ultimate Timeline. It's not like it's just out of nowhere.
Well I'm pretty sure Thor was born a citizen of a foriegn territory. Which means he is unable t obe the President of the US

Last edited:
Random said:
Well I'm pretty sure Thor was born a citizen of a foriegn territory. Which means he is unable t obe the President of the US

Yeah, in reality...

Maybe even in the Ultimate Universe in comics...

But we're talking about the New World Ultimate Universe... {EDIT] Where not only is it apparently legal for everyone to obtain superpowers but it's apparently within the limits to have a foreign President.

People... are.... :arrgh: :arrgh:

I need a vacation.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back