Votes: 5 17.2%

Votes: 15 51.7%

Votes: 8 27.6%

Votes: 1 3.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
This issue was ok, I wasn't overly impressed with it, but it did it's job. Basically we see Reed's continuing adventures in the alternate universe and his meeting with that reality's Magneto.

Magneto explains to Reed he and a few humans are the only survivors of the zombie plague and he's protecting the remaining humans despite his previous characterizations making him an anti-mutant terrorist. I liked his explanation for this though.

It was cool to see all the various 616 characters (even though this isn't 616...617 maybe?), especially zombie Hulk!

Eventually, Reed learns that the zombie FF could teleport into the Ultimate Universe, and the issue ends with just that happening.

One more thing, did anyone else notice that this reality's Cap was called Colonel America? I could have swore in the preview pages of this issue it was mentioned as Captain America. Could this have changed or am I just remembering wrong?

Overall, I enjoyed this issue, thought it was a good follow-up for issue 21. I did get a bit confused by the timing of everything. Magneto said everything happened 3 days ago, yet that doesn't seem possible since the two Reeds communicating is supposedly a set up yet could there really have been time to build a personaler teleportor to another dimenision when it is assumed the other two he built took several months to construct, much money, and specifically machined parts. How was Reed supposed to do that in such a short time span.

Also, at the end of Think Tank, the older Reed is asking for help. Later, they are discussing Franklin like nothing was going on. What help was being asked for that convinced Ultimate Reed to jump planes on his own? Was this said? Did I miss it?

And when Zombie Reed said that it began with a punch, did anyone else think Grimm and the T-Rex or was that just me?

I say about the punch. Remember that they ALREADY had talked BEFORE the punch. :wink:

The issue was cool. Not that much to it, but cool over all. Art still kicks ***. :D

I'm loving Johnny even more. He rocks. :rockon:

icemastertron said:
I say about the punch. Remember that they ALREADY had talked BEFORE the punch. :wink:

The issue was cool. Not that much to it, but cool over all. Art still kicks ***. :D

I'm loving Johnny even more. He rocks. :rockon:

good point...

I enjoyed this issue. Wasn't incredible, but it was still good.

About the punch comment:

What is said-"They said it all started with a flash in the sky and a ripple through the clouds. Nobody knew what caused this exactly, but some people think it might have been a punch. Was he really that strong? Had infection really made him so determined to get here in search of a brand new food supply?" I think he's referring to the zombie Sentry that crashes. He could have been an alternate Sentry who had been infected in another universe and literally "punched" his way into another reality to find more food.

moonmaster said:
I enjoyed this issue. Wasn't incredible, but it was still good.

About the punch comment:

What is said-"They said it all started with a flash in the sky and a ripple through the clouds. Nobody knew what caused this exactly, but some people think it might have been a punch. Was he really that strong? Had infection really made him so determined to get here in search of a brand new food supply?" I think he's referring to the zombie Sentry that crashes. He could have been an alternate Sentry who had been infected in another universe and literally "punched" his way into another reality to find more food.
That pretty much is it. Nice one, mooney. :)

icemastertron said:
That pretty much is it. Nice one, mooney. :)

*bows*

ultimatedjf said:
4/5. Despite what you've stated, I still don't understand the first 2 pages...

Well there's still one part left. They're not gonna explain everything clearly in the second issue.

notTHATtodd said:
And when Zombie Reed said that it began with a punch, did anyone else think Grimm and the T-Rex or was that just me?

I think he was referring to what appeared to be the Sentry zombie. the Sentry zombie punched his way into the alternate world.

good issue. the art is nice, except that Human Torch looks like a girlie man. oh well.

someone mentioned the 3 days not being long enough for Reed to make the teleportation device. a classic story device is the time difference factor. a new day in the UFF world may only represent an hour or so in the Zombie world.

it was a pretty decent issue, still hate the way that torchboy is drawn, but i loved mags, all that power, wow.

DIrishB said:
Yeah, whats up with Johnny's new Barry Gibb influenced haircut? He looks stupid, like some sort of Medieval English pageboy or something.
Yeah, his hair sucks. Hard.

I really liked this issue. As for the punch, my thought was it was an infected Galactus from another universe trying to get in, mainly because of all the hunger refrences, but it being the infected sentry entering works too. and I loved the three days. It shows just how powerful the characters of the marvel universe are, and how much damage they can do it they all turned against things at once.

4/5

don't look at me, i'm with ya on torchboy, with his gotta have extra hair for the ladies that think im a freak ;)

Didn't read the issue yet but I want to jump in on Johnny's hair. Personally, I hate it too but it's definitely not something out of the ordinary. Haven't you guys ever been around kids these days? Nearly everyone grows their hair that way, at least where I'm from. They all try to pull off this long surferish look. It's really not all that cool IMO but I know a lot of girls that dig it. *looks in the mirror at shaved head* -Sigh- Oh, well....

TheManWithoutFear said:
*looks in the mirror at shaved head* -Sigh- Oh, well....
Does yours grow in as fast as mine does? I swear to god if I don't redo i every day I'm practicly at a crew cut.

Anyway, I've seen a few kids walking around with that hairstyle, but most people I see still go for the "Purposly mussed" look. Now they've started wearing thier collars up too. I can't wait to see that in a comic, other than Dr. Strange.

Baxter said:
Does yours grow in as fast as mine does? I swear to god if I don't redo i every day I'm practicly at a crew cut.
Yeah, it does! I can't stand it I mean I don't want my hair to be always like this short and I might grow it again but for now it's a pain trying to keep it neat when it grows in so quickly. Someday I'll grow old and I won't have that problem.

Baxter said:
Anyway, I've seen a few kids walking around with that hairstyle, but most people I see still go for the "Purposly mussed" look. Now they've started wearing thier collars up too. I can't wait to see that in a comic, other than Dr. Strange.
I HATE POPPED COLLARS!!! :furious: :arrgh:

Latest posts

Back