Votes: 5 17.2%

Votes: 15 51.7%

Votes: 8 27.6%

Votes: 1 3.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The punch has nothing to do with the Zombies. Its like mooney said:

moonmaster said:
I'm telling you, it had nothing to do with the t-rex. I said it before, right after the punch comment it says: "Was he really that strong? Had infection really made him so determined to get here in search of a brand new food supply?" Then the zombie Sentry crashes in New York and starts infecting the other heroes.

And especially since after Reed asks:

"But what does this have to do with me? Why would you go to all that trouble just to lure me here to a neighboring dimension?"

Which Zombie Sue says:

"Listen to him. He hasn't a clue. He really just doesn't get it."

Meaning that something had to be going on already, BEFORE Ben punched the T-Rex.

im relly pissed off bout that whole corniel america thing even the preview said captian o wel. I also noticed that terrible gap in time between 19 and 20 with thier whole fame thing i was thinkin to myself ultimate secret had better do sumthing big but we also must remember that the reason ultimate secret was delayed in the first place was due to clashing continuity errors beween crossover and secret (im thinking somthing to do with them being famout because if you look at the origional preview for crossover pt one you see that been sue and them have no 4s on thier chests. i was goin on about this before but ppl started to get mad so i quit.

By the way, no one caught that Millar screwed up with the names at the end. Remember that the officer's name was Kelly. But later on, he called her Mindy, the name of the girl who Magneto had gone out to get medicine for.

Millar has yet to say something about that on his board. :D

Spade said:
im relly pissed off bout that whole corniel america thing even the preview said captian o wel. I also noticed that terrible gap in time between 19 and 20 with thier whole fame thing i was thinkin to myself ultimate secret had better do sumthing big but we also must remember that the reason ultimate secret was delayed in the first place was due to clashing continuity errors beween crossover and secret (im thinking somthing to do with them being famout because if you look at the origional preview for crossover pt one you see that been sue and them have no 4s on thier chests. i was goin on about this before but ppl started to get mad so i quit.

I thought it was delayed due to the artist shuffling issues. I don't think its delay had anything to do with continuity issues.

Spade said:
i forget where i reda it but it did say that they reason it was delayed was due to Millars ultimate crossover im sure the art had something to do with it but they were probably both helping factors

The only thing I've read about concerning the delay is due to McNiven's being on New Avengers and not having time to finish this series. Thats why we're getting a new artist for the last two issues. As for continuity issues, I don't see how there's a conflict by any means.

we also must remember that the reason ultimate secret was delayed in the first place was due to clashing continuity errors beween crossover and secret

I'm not following you, what errors are there between these two titles?

Hate to admit it, but he's right about the writing part.

Dont know if that's EXACTLY why, or whatever, but check it out here. I believe it was somewhere in there saying about it having conflicts with writing, too.

icemastertron said:
Hate to admit it, but he's right about the writing part.

Dont know if that's EXACTLY why, or whatever, but check it out here. I believe it was somewhere in there saying about it having conflicts with writing, too.

Um, I read the post and the story on Newsarama, but no reason was listed. Rhyo did speculate that a story conflict could have been the reason, but I didn't see anything official even hinting that could be it. He was merely speculating as to the reason, not giving any news. He then went on to say, and I quote:

Rhyo said:
On another board, a well-respected (outgoing) member of Marvel's staff commented that it was neither writer nor artist's fault and that some official info would be forthcoming.

And then Ice quoted this from CB Cebulski, a former editor at Marvel:

Yes, it sucks, I agree. This caught even me by surprise. However, there are numerous factors that lead to this decision. No blame falls on either Warren or Steve. Warren's scripts are in and Steve is one of the most hardworking and reliable artists in comics today. From what I understand, certain circumstances have arisen that have neccessitated Marvel making the call to delay the title. No one is happy about it but it had to be done. There should be more news on this soon.

and E followed up with another post by CB concerning this issue:

Yeah, we had plenty of meetings about this when I was still up there. We did consider getting someone to fill in and finish issues three and four. Tom Raney's name even came up. However, in the end, Steve made it clear he wanted to do all four issues and we respected his decision.

Then Rhyo brought up a good point:
Rhyo said:
Actually, he never said the problem wasn't McNiven's schedule. He said:

No blame falls on either Warren or Steve. Warren's scripts are in and Steve is one of the most hardworking and reliable artists in comics today. From what I understand, certain circumstances have arisen that have neccessitated Marvel making the call to delay the title.

I take this to mean that Marvel decided that they wanted McNiven on both titles and that keeping New Avengers on schedule was more important than keeping Ultimate Secret on schedule and that McNiven couldn't be in two places at once. (Finch has been late -- sometimes several weeks late -- on NA and McNiven was doing the Sentry arc to hopefully allow Finch more breathing room and cut down on the delays on NA, Marvel's #1 selling book) I like McNiven's work very much and I'm glad that he'll be finishing Ultimate Secret.

and finally, Bendis himself admitted it was his fault for needing McNiven to write an extra issue of NA:

BigBadBendis said:
i was out of town when the news hit so i didn't see the uproar till it was too late, but i have to take the hit for the ultimate secret mini delay.

i told marvel i could do the NA sentry arc in three issues. i had laid out my scenes and had it all worked out and had jenkins blessing but writing isn't an exact science. in fact, science isn't an exact science. its writing, its organic. and as i kept writing i thought of new ideas and new scenes, and
scenes i had got tossed for new scenes and before i knew it i needed an extra issue. i tried to cram it all into the three issues, but it did not work.

i came to marvel yalmaka in hand and told them i needed the forth issue. i knew things were tight for steve but i didn't know exactly what the schedule was. we toyed with a fill in or having finch finish the story, but steve's work is so unique that a fill in would be glaring.

so though it was ultimately marvel's desicion to keep steve on the story, i do take the responsiblity for it because i said i could do one thing for them and could not. i would have never done this to any of you on purpose and i am sorry.

for the record warren was unbelievably gracous about it and the reason steve wasn't getting bumped is because he is doing this level of comic book art....

and McNiven himself responded at Millarworld:

It was very cool of Brain to put up the post he did. A real class act. I just don't think that all the blame can be placed squarely at Brians feet. Sure, adding another issue to an already tight schedule is gonna cause delays, and it was good of Brian to take the hit for that one. But truth is they could have gotten someone else to finish Secret or New Avengers and if I insisted on it, that probably would have happened. But I didn't, so part of that blame is mine.
I'm very proud of the first two isues of Secret and working on New Avengers is a ridiculous amount of fun. So call me greedy creatively but I wanted to finish these projects. I'll draw my brains out and do the best work I can do and for those of you who want to stick around and check them out, I hope you enjoy them! For the rest of you, I'm sure there are other comics out there that can tickle your fancy.

Far as I can tell the delays were due to artist scheduling conflicts, not any continuity issues or having to rewrite the script.

DIrishB said:
yes, but it had absolutely nothing to do with a Millar's UFF vs. Ellis' Secret continuity issue, that was my point
I know. I couldnt remember, so I went looking for the thread. Never read the whole thing, so that's why I said something diff. this time.

Hehehehe....my laziness is not good.

icemastertron said:
I know. I couldnt remember, so I went looking for the thread. Never read the whole thing, so that's why I said something diff. this time.

Hehehehe....my laziness is not good.

No big deal, the only reason I remembered it wasnt a continuity issue is I remembered Bendis' post about the NA/US schedule conflict, and I'm the Timeline Master, dude, you think I wouldn't remember a continuity issue? ;)

I KNOW! I havent read the issue yet but gathering from what the rest of you have posted I think that it was a monkey that caused all the people to be Zombies. Like in OUTBREAK. There was some space monkey from another planet or something like that and it bit the Sentry and he became a zombie.

I just pulled that out of my a**.

STOP STARING AT ME!!!!!

René said:
I KNOW! I havent read the issue yet but gathering from what the rest of you have posted I think that it was a monkey that caused all the people to be Zombies. Like in OUTBREAK. There was some space monkey from another planet or something like that and it bit the Sentry and he became a zombie.

I just pulled that out of my a**.

STOP STARING AT ME!!!!!
And I bet the monkey was mexican, wasnt he. :wink:

Kidding! I'm just kidding! :D

icemastertron said:
And I bet the monkey was mexican, wasnt he. :wink:

Kidding! I'm just kidding! :D

YES HE WAS!!!!! You saw him too?

DIrishB said:
Hey, maybe he was related to my ex-gf. She was part Mexican (well she called herself Native American as she's descended from the Aztec tribes, but to piss her off I'd call her my little wetback).

No this wasnt an Aztec Mexican monkey it was Mayan.... you can tell by it's nose...

icemastertron said:
By the way, no one caught that Millar screwed up with the names at the end. Remember that the officer's name was Kelly. But later on, he called her Mindy, the name of the girl who Magneto had gone out to get medicine for.

Millar has yet to say something about that on his board. :D
No one's said anything about this. This IS true!

icemastertron said:
No one's said anything about this. This IS true!

Cause it doesnt involved Mexican Mayan Monkeys. :D

Latest posts

Back