How would you rate this issue?

Votes: 5 17.2%

Votes: 15 51.7%

Votes: 8 27.6%

Votes: 1 3.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
DIrishB said:
Besides Ultimate books thats the only comic I get every issue of. Love it!!

It is great. I'd love it if Simon Peg wrote a short arc just for the hell of it but it is easily one of the best comics to make an appearance in a long while.

Yup. He also wrote and starred in the two seasons of Spaced, a wonderfully funny sitcom. In it, he plays a guy who works at a comic shop, but hope to be a comic penciller. The sheer number of references to comics, movies, tv, books... it's mind-boggling and completely unintrusive. It's very good.

Bass said:
Yup. He also wrote and starred in the two seasons of Spaced, a wonderfully funny sitcom. In it, he plays a guy who works at a comic shop, but hope to be a comic penciller. The sheer number of references to comics, movies, tv, books... it's mind-boggling and completely unintrusive. It's very good.

I suppose this was only aired in the UK then, too bad, got to hand it to you Brits, you do have a wicked sense of humor.

DIrishB said:
I suppose this was only aired in the UK then, too bad, got to hand it to you Brits, you do have a wicked sense of humor.

I believe that it may have aired here recently although I'm not to sure about that. I did just see all 14 episodes the other day and they are great. Most of the same actors who appear in Shaun of the Dead are in Spaced, and I'd say Shaun is an extension of the show. The characters are very similar in a lot of respects.

I understand that Peg was looking into releasing it on DVD over here but has run into some difficulty because of the sixth episode of the second season. It ends aping Empire Strikes Back beautifully...music and all. I heard that while he got UK rights, US rights are troublsome. Can't imagine why.

Oh...I got them off of Limewire, not that I advocate ripping of artists. Sometimes it is the only way to see some of these things.

notTHATtodd said:
I believe that it may have aired here recently although I'm not to sure about that. I did just see all 14 episodes the other day and they are great. Most of the same actors who appear in Shaun of the Dead are in Spaced, and I'd say Shaun is an extension of the show. The characters are very similar in a lot of respects.

I understand that Peg was looking into releasing it on DVD over here but has run into some difficulty because of the sixth episode of the second season. It ends aping Empire Strikes Back beautifully...music and all. I heard that while he got UK rights, US rights are troublsome. Can't imagine why.

Oh...I got them off of Limewire, not that I advocate ripping of artists. Sometimes it is the only way to see some of these things.

Too true about the downloading stuff...

'eh.' first word that comes to mind when I think about this issue. The art knocked me back alittle - how can Land be so talented? Then, I started reading to find that this story could have fitted into the UFF Annual and could have come out on time. I don't think this is the Cross-Over anyone was really looking forward to, really. Damn.

Goodwill said:
Then, I started reading to find that this story could have fitted into the UFF Annual and could have come out on time.

Not following you here...isn't Jae Lee doing the annual? It isn't Land.

Goodwill said:
I don't think this is the Cross-Over anyone was really looking forward to, really. Damn.

You don't think?

I mean, this "Go to a different dimension to find things aren't what they seem" deal is pretty elementary, even for Millar. I know it's a peeve, but Millar promised that this arc would tie the UFF into the UU even more and I think it's distancing it. Furthermore, I thought that this whole story, as it's moving, could have been a double-sized issue or, rather, an Annual sized issue, but we're getting three issues instead. I'm not as impressed as all of you are. I'm waiting for Namor.

Goodwill said:
I mean, this "Go to a different dimension to find things aren't what they seem" deal is pretty elementary, even for Millar. I know it's a peeve, but Millar promised that this arc would tie the UFF into the UU even more and I think it's distancing it. Furthermore, I thought that this whole story, as it's moving, could have been a double-sized issue or, rather, an Annual sized issue, but we're getting three issues instead. I'm not as impressed as all of you are. I'm waiting for Namor.

I kind of agree, I'm also really looking forward to Namor, but nor do I think this arc is bad by any means. I thought it was genius the way Millar hyped this as it possibly being an Ultimate/616 Crossover, and then once we finally get to read the issue we see that last page and the line "Ever get the feeling you've been had?" You know what, yes! We all were in fact, "had". The dude played the Ultimate joke on us, and that alone deserves some credit. As for the arc itself, I havent been totally blown away either, but its not bad, like I said. But I'm definitly looking forward more to the Tomb of Namor arc, and even more than that the President Thor arc.

DIrishB said:
I kind of agree, I'm also really looking forward to Namor, but nor do I think this arc is bad by any means. I thought it was genius the way Millar hyped this as it possibly being an Ultimate/616 Crossover, and then once we finally get to read the issue we see that last page and the line "Ever get the feeling you've been had?" You know what, yes! We all were in fact, "had". The dude played the Ultimate joke on us, and that alone deserves some credit. As for the arc itself, I havent been totally blown away either, but its not bad, like I said. But I'm definitly looking forward more to the Tomb of Namor arc, and even more than that the President Thor arc.
Hey! Not ALL of us! :wink:

the thing that gets me mad about this arc is we dont get any classic villians ultimized like were getting namor (not relli a villian but meh) then in thor its supposed to be an alien invasion (not scrulls or kree hmmm) and frightful well meet alicial so im guessing puppet master and ultimate frightful four

Spade said:
the thing that gets me mad about this arc is we dont get any classic villians ultimized like were getting namor (not relli a villian but meh) then in thor its supposed to be an alien invasion (not scrulls or kree hmmm) and frightful well meet alicial so im guessing puppet master and ultimate frightful four

Yeah, but its kind of refreshing to not depend solely on an Ultimized 616 villain in every arc. Though I admittedly do look forward to arcs featuring these Ultimized 616 characters moreso than arcs featuring original villains, mainly because I love to see what the writer/artist changed about the character.

DIrishB said:
Yeah, but its kind of refreshing to not depend solely on an Ultimized 616 villain in every arc. Though I admittedly do look forward to arcs featuring these Ultimized 616 characters moreso than arcs featuring original villains, mainly because I love to see what the writer/artist changed about the character.
I think the reason I've stuck with Ultimate Fantastic Four as opposed to UXM and USM as my second Ultimate title of choice is that, more than being an FF freak, I'm excited to see how they're going to Ultimatize a rogues gallery that is so patently absurd that the Ultimatization itself is just as much a challenge as crafting the plot and the development of the heroes.

I mean come on, Dragon Man, Volcana & Titania, Hate Monger and Blastaar are fiendish puzzles for all writers.

ourchair said:
I think the reason I've stuck with Ultimate Fantastic Four as opposed to UXM and USM as my second Ultimate title of choice is that, more than being an FF freak, I'm excited to see how they're going to Ultimatize a rogues gallery that is so patently absurd that the Ultimatization itself is just as much a challenge as crafting the plot and the development of the heroes.

I mean come on, Dragon Man, Volcana & Titania, Hate Monger and Blastaar are fiendish puzzles for all writers.

Definitly. Thats why I kind of liked the Mad Thinker Ultimization in #19 and 20, not only was it completely freakish and disturbing, but Carey even changed the sex of the character.

DIrishB said:
Definitly. Thats why I kind of liked the Mad Thinker Ultimization in #19 and 20, not only was it completely freakish and disturbing, but Carey even changed the sex of the character.
Ah yup. And everybody knows I just LOVE transexualism.

DIrishB said:

Yes, Millar deserves credit. I do think that all of us were expecting a whole lot more than what he gave us... Because he's saying he did this intentionally kind of makes me wonder, but I'm gonna let it go. I need to be more agreeable! :)

Latest posts

Back