How would you rate this issue?

Votes: 5 17.2%

Votes: 15 51.7%

Votes: 8 27.6%

Votes: 1 3.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
notTHATtodd said:
And when Zombie Reed said that it began with a punch, did anyone else think Grimm and the T-Rex or was that just me?

Brilliant. I love it. I didn't make that connection but it makes total sense. I wouldn't put too much stock into Sentry; to have him be such a major character would be pretty weak.

Pretty good issue overall. Magneto - that came totally out of left field. I couldn't even begin to fathom what is going on there, like how he was able to avoid being eaten.

Art - fantastic as usual. I hate the red on the cover but the artwork itself is pretty good.I hate when they have such oddly contrasting colors on the cover like that. And that bright red hardly ever looks good.

icemastertron said:
I say about the punch. Remember that they ALREADY had talked BEFORE the punch. :wink:

I don't follow - "they" who?

UltimateE said:
I don't follow - "they" who?
As in both Reed Richards. People said that the punch of Ben hitting the T-Rex may have cause all that, but it didnt, because both Reeds were already talking for a while BEFORE that little crossover :)D).

icemastertron said:
As in both Reed Richards. People said that the punch of Ben hitting the T-Rex may have cause all that, but it didnt, because both Reeds were already talking for a while BEFORE that little crossover :)D).

If Millar is using the alternate timeline offshoot theory idea, that might not matter though.

icemastertron said:
What do you mean?

Time is fluid and might not follow the same "rules" in all the timelines. Sort of along the same lines as was said earlier with time not necessarily being the same - dates, years, etc. don't necessarily follow the same format.

UltimateE said:
Time is fluid and might not follow the same "rules" in all the timelines. Sort of along the same lines as was said earlier with time not necessarily being the same - dates, years, etc. don't necessarily follow the same format.
Well, I just dont think that all that could've happened with a punch fromt th Thing to create something that already had happened. For it something like that to happen, something had to go on before even Reed and other Reed "met".

3/5

How pysched we all were when we heard Millar was writing UFF. All of our speculations had him taking us somewhere a lot better than where we are now.
Still bitter this doesn't tie into Ultimate Galactus

When 28 Days Later came out I loved it but I had one problem with it. What's the deal with these creatures? They're not "Zombies" they just have a desire to bite things and they're vital functions still work. So take what I didn't like about 28 days and toss it into a different story that I don't like and it's all bad. And they're afraid of Magneto? Just afraid of Magneto? What about When they went after Dr. Strange? He didn't do something crazy to scare them off? or Xavier? or some other powerful character?

What Universe are we on Millar? Cage is dressed as Power-Man, The Sentry exists, no super-hero was smart enough to escape and best of all Reed can't get hurt because they can't break his skin but yet this universes Reed is infected? What...?

The punch was definitely about The Sentry I think. But if he's so goddamn hungry in this universe why not just do it again? This makes no sense!

The ending... How are you possibly going to get the heroes out of this one? Johnny, Sue, and Ben are screwed they're going to get infected right off the bat. It should turn out to be a big mess like the alternate world turned out and nothing can save them... xept Reed going back in time and preventing this from happening... bingo... And the use of the zombie four with scary faces was done last issue moron so seeing it twice is kind of redundant.

This is just crap I thought we were gonna deal with something that was going to actually impact the Ultimate Universe and instead we get these lame Zombie-Like creatures.

3/5 and you only get that point because 1/2 goes to Lands incredible art and 1/2 goes to a Daredevil appearance in the UU.

i love the idea of it being he trex i read the preview for 22 before i even bought 21(along with varient edition :D ) and have been wondering all this time what he ment by the punch because it didnt make sence but since ben punched the dinosaur it affected the timestream im all for that idea but i suppose we'll have to wait for next issue to be sure. was the newserama preview with the ultimate wolverine and hulk preview from this issue or next (i swont be getting it till tomorrow) PS wat the whole poking maggot with sticks thing just a joke to show how wierd it is there or will it actually mean something?

UltimateE said:
Brilliant. I love it. I didn't make that connection but it makes total sense. I wouldn't put too much stock into Sentry; to have him be such a major character would be pretty weak.

I'm telling you, it had nothing to do with the t-rex. I said it before, right after the punch comment it says: "Was he really that strong? Had infection really made him so determined to get here in search of a brand new food supply?" Then the zombie Sentry crashes in New York and starts infecting the other heroes.

TheManWithoutFear said:
When 28 Days Later came out I loved it but I had one problem with it. What's the deal with these creatures? They're not "Zombies" they just have a desire to bite things and they're vital functions still work. So take what I didn't like about 28 days and toss it into a different story that I don't like and it's all bad.

Well, in "28 Days Later" the virus caused people to go insane with rage. That's why they attacked people.

It seems to me (I'm not sure if everyone has realized this) this "disease" only seems to target superheros and I believe its been implied that after being infected they actually eat normal people. That's their "food source."

Does anyone think that there may be someone behind the virus? They said that it has target "thousands of realities." I'm hoping there's a twist in the final issue regarding what the virus is, how it works, or how it was created.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Didn't read the issue yet but I want to jump in on Johnny's hair. Personally, I hate it too but it's definitely not something out of the ordinary. Haven't you guys ever been around kids these days? Nearly everyone grows their hair that way, at least where I'm from. They all try to pull off this long surferish look. It's really not all that cool IMO but I know a lot of girls that dig it. *looks in the mirror at shaved head* -Sigh- Oh, well....

Hell yeah brother!! I've been buzzing my head since I was 20 and I must say, the ladies find my bald head dead sexy. Think about it. How often do you see chicks rubbing some bald or buzzed guy's head, as opposed to running their fingers through some freak's gel-dried hair? Usually the first part of my body a girl touches when I first meet them is my head. :) What can I say, I have great head (and yes I said have for all you immature perverts on the board...*ahem*coughcoughBasscough).

Plus its great for when you're driving and you stick your head out the window like a dog. You think its great having wind blowing through your hair, try it on your bald head! Hehe,

TheManWithoutFear said:
What Universe are we on Millar? Cage is dressed as Power-Man, The Sentry exists, no super-hero was smart enough to escape and best of all Reed can't get hurt because they can't break his skin but yet this universes Reed is infected? What...?

I'm coining the term 617. I'm not sure where this stroke of genius came to me, it was on a whim perhaps.

;)

Spade said:
wat the whole poking maggot with sticks thing just a joke to show how wierd it is there or will it actually mean something?

Good question. Could've just been on of those random Millar-esque attempts at humor.

moonmaster said:
I'm telling you, it had nothing to do with the t-rex. I said it before, right after the punch comment it says: "Was he really that strong? Had infection really made him so determined to get here in search of a brand new food supply?" Then the zombie Sentry crashes in New York and starts infecting the other heroes.

Well, in "28 Days Later" the virus caused people to go insane with rage. That's why they attacked people.

It seems to me (I'm not sure if everyone has realized this) this "disease" only seems to target superheros and I believe its been implied that after being infected they actually eat normal people. That's their "food source."

Does anyone think that there may be someone behind the virus? They said that it has target "thousands of realities." I'm hoping there's a twist in the final issue regarding what the virus is, how it works, or how it was created.
We need to listen to mooney here, people! He has the right answers!!

icemastertron said:
We need to listen to mooney here, people! He has the right answers!!
:mrgreen:

I'm so unbelievably smart that I scare myself sometimes.

Moon, I know how the virus in 28 days later works... and honestly, although it was a great movie... it was stupid and made 0 sense... the virus, that is. I will accept a 617 reality only because it's totally different... but then again I won't because I want it to connect with something and this arc sucks IMO because it is a totally seperate reality IMO... I'd rather a 616 crossover than this! :evil:

I won't get into 28 Days Later mythology. Wait until 28 Weeks Later comes out next year for your answers (for those interested in details check out www.upcominghorrormovies.com ). RAGE is a cool virus for zombie creation.

But I dug this issue and can't wait to see where it goes!

Leather

This might be a little far stretched, but I'd just like to pick up on something Moony said about the virus being important...

What if it's something to do with The Big Purple? Galactus. Gah Lak Tus. Could be. Not likely. But maybe. I'll leave the theories to others, because all I can think of to explain this is pretty weak.

Wamu said:
I think he was referring to what appeared to be the Sentry zombie. the Sentry zombie punched his way into the alternate world.

Well, yes, it is written to refer to the Sentry zombie breaking through realities. One thing I have noted about Miller, however, is that he has a way of wording things so that even causal references mean something...or look like the mean something. So, yes, while the "punch" King Zombie Reed talks about is the beginning of the infection, refering back to the first issue of the arc, suggests that it was Grimm punching out a T-Rex that might have started everything. It fits into the kind of quantum mechanics of a butterfly flapping it's wings in China, causes a hurricane to develop around Haiti.

Thats how I see it anyway.

I buy into the time paradox with Ben punching the T-Rex. As far as Reed meeting the other Reed before hand - I buy that, too. Perhaps they were normal and crap hit the fan with Ben punching the T-Rex which totally screwed with time lines. I odn't buy the "1 day here could only be hours there" theory.

Anyone catch the "Colonel America" line? heh heh heh.

It can't be Galactus related.

This arc takes place AFTER Ultimate Secret. Isn't Ultimate Secret where the UFF get their neat little 4's and go officially public - Didn't anyone else find that it was oddly skipped over between issues 18 to 19 & 20 and now onto the Millar arcs starting with 21?

Leather

Last edited:
Couple of thoughts after re-reading the issue a few moments ago...

- I am convinced that "the punch" refers to Ben & the T. Rex.

- The next panel is obviously referring to the Sentry-like character, but that doesn't mean that's what the first panel is referring to.

- If Reed can stretch himself so thin that he becomes almost transparent (hiding from zombie Johnny in the subway), shouldn't he be able to withstand a bite? Shouldn't he be malleable enough so that his skin doesn't break?

Latest posts

Back